GDT: GAME #4: Canucks @ Flames again, this time with more Miller | 6:00 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Typical Canucks fashion we lose twice to the team we all wanted to beat so bad lol.

I don't even know what to think. It's still early but boy do we need A LOT of work.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This has been the first game I've been able to watch end to end, live.

Pettersson taking crap penalties that weren't an organic extension of his play.

PP and PK are just jokingly bad, and we seem to be taking every opportunity to get called for more chances to skunk our PK.

Linematching and adjustments are all but non-existent. We pulled the goalie with 4 minutes to go, despite having huge issues all night gaining zone entry and maintaining possession. I've never been a fan of Green, but I honestly feel if he wrote up the playbook and hired a look alike to stand behind the bench, we wouldn't notice as fans.

Our new D have had little impact on any of our games so far. Dumb*** penalty punching Tkachuk aside, Myers has been our best D tonight.

Demko hasn't looked ready for regular work yet, and Holtby hasn't really cut it either.

We were missing Miller, and his return has so far done nothing for us in terms of production. Gaudettes looked like our most dangerous forward with his early chances...and nothing to show for it. Virtanen's goal was overdue, but a real fluke.

We have a penalty called against them, let's see if anything makes me eat crow.

Nope.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Blame Green if you want but half this roster is trash.

Problems from ownership on down.

Owners who want to play GM and would rather get 2 games of playoff revenue every year rather than build a proper organization for continued success.

A GM who is in over his head at best and at worst an owner puppet.

An assistant GM who is, well, who is Weisbrod.

A AHL head coach

Too many bad players.....

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Better get back to the drawing board on this disaster of a power play. I’d also like to see these guys pull off some non disrupted passes, nothing is ever clean.

I don't think this is an outlier anymore.. just look at the Vegas series.. just overall sloppy passing and a lot of running around.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Yeah if you at all suggest that coaching is not the "real" or "biggest" issue you are a coach defender.

Ask those wanting the coach to be fired to how their work. ie provide evidence preferrably from peer reviewed research. Thry cant.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

But here's how I see it: Benning is not in danger of being replace, not yet anyhow. It's not going to happen because drafting EP, QH, BB and the bubble playoff has bought him some time.

So, IMO, focus on what's achievable - a HC change.

Benning's time will come.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I was also one of the people who thought hamonic could be at least 80% of what Tanev was.
I understand he had no training camp but holy hell.

How can he regress so fast, I’ll give him another week before I overreact though

I mean, Hamonic was always going to be a noticeable step back from Tanev, but my hope was that bringing in Schmidt would offset that.

Hamonic is legitimately the one guy who i think it's fair to expect some pretty significant "rust" from though. New team, but more so, he's a guy who didn't play anything in "the bubble" last year, so he's had a much longer layoff than anyone else. And honestly, his mistakes to me are looking a bit more characteristic of rust, exacerbated by coming to a new team and system with essentially nothing to get him up to speed due to PTO shuffling and such.

Like that beauty back pass that teed up the goal, was egregious, but seemed pretty clear to me he was actually trying to bump it back to a forward for an easy transition. And Beagle was there...just clearly wasn't expecting that, whatsoever. Like, i just don't see any reason anyone would make that play unless they were expecting support from that Forward trailing back.

But our system isn't really built for quick and easy, but "riskier" transition like that. It's built to either do it the hard way, and grind it out...or put the onus on specific guys to do it the hard way creatively with standout plays.

I think at some point, Hamonic may actually settle in to Green's system better than he ever did in Calgary. But until then...it's going to be an uphill battle, and it hasn't been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad