Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 - B's get sabrered - Buffalo 4 BRUINS 2 - On to Poutineville

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Im not shocked Chia and Claude are now trending up while the Bruins are leaderless. Can't BS your way in this league, you need hockey minds to win

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Sweeney Neely and Charlie couldn't build a core of players to save their lives. 1 injury to Bergeron cripples them

One injury?

Apparently, you haven’t been paying attention this year?

:laugh:

Up front, the B’s need more scoring, but the way the team was able to win games with all 6 D in the lineup having been AHL players at one point this season speaks volumes about their depth on the back end.

Reactions: Blowfish

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
One injury?

Up front, the B’s need more scoring, but the way the team was able to win games with all 6 D in the lineup having been AHL players at one point this season speaks volumes about their depth on the back end.

not taking the bait, you're Sweeney's PR team

False Start

May 8, 2018
Absolutely brutal coverage from Grzelyck on that Eichel goal.

That inside crossover doomed him. Same thing Gardiner did with the Debrusk game 7 winner.

He's usually better than that.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
One injury?

Bingo. The defense has withstood an amazing amount of injuries. Up front we have two top 6 out and are struggling to score but the defenseman still out doesn't help . I have no real big worries about this team. We will finish 3rd or in 1st wildcard and I am not sure which is a better spot anyways .

False Start

May 8, 2018
But they don't, this is a complete myth that a 4th line player gets most of his ice-time on the PK.

Acciari played almost 13 mins last night. And most of them were at even-strength.

Both Cave and Acciari don't belong in the NHL.

I disagree on Cave, I see a player consistently making steady, heads up, plays both in the O-Zone and D-Zone. He's actually generating scoring chances too. I see an effective 4th line NHLer for his future.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Im not shocked Chia and Claude are now trending up while the Bruins are leaderless. Can't BS your way in this league, you need hockey minds to win

Chia has made some of the worst deals in the league during his tenures in Boston and Edmonton. Last year the Oilers were a consensus pick for the Western Conference Finals...and they missed the playoffs. I guess he gets a pass from you for that (and trading the league MVP for a second pair D).

Hockey minds.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
man this place can be toxic.. i really dont understand the hate on heinen.. he should have raised the puck and he knew it.. showed it on the bench when the camera was on him.. but besides that i thought he was one of our best players on the ice.. good in his own end, good on the wall. always seems to be in position.. that third line was easily the most effective last night , bruce should have pumped them onto the ice a lot more.. im really getting sick of writing this, but marchand has to stop trying to skate through three defenders.. its getting old. the amount of giveaways he has in a game is crazy.. the backes, cave, nordstrom line is brutal.. we all go crazy about hits and toughness not realizing that every time backes makes a hit it puts him 10 seconds behind the play while these teams skate the other way..you trade prospect assets for help.. you are not going to get a superstar but you can upgrade guys like acciari, cave, with actual nhl players and be surprised at what a difference it makes.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Chia has made some of the worst deals in the league during his tenures in Boston and Edmonton. Last year the Oilers were a consensus pick for the Western Conference Finals...and they missed the playoffs. I guess he gets a pass from you for that (and trading the league MVP for a second pair D).

Hockey minds.

and if Sweeney misses the playoffs you'll work OT to say how great he is. Lets not discuss this, it's pointless with you, stop, we've also been told not to debate here

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
I saw the first buffalo goal coming, like always the Bruins have an hour of zone time 100 shots and nothing to show for it, then they let one in when it goes back the other way.

As far as the marchands non-goal, the point of replay should be to get the call right, not continuing to enable the refs to make awful calls

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Chia has made some of the worst deals on the league during his tenures in Boston and Edmonton. Last year the Oilers were a consensus pick for the Western Conference Finals...and they missed the playoffs. I guess he gets a pass from you for that (and trading the league MVP for a second pair D).

Hockey minds.

He made some bone head moves but he brought us the cup chara horton peverley Savard Thomas Campbell Claude in his era. Other than sequin I can’t hate on the guy. Don. Hasn’t proven anything just yet.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
and if Sweeney misses the playoffs you'll work OT to say how great he is. Lets not discuss this, it's pointless with you, stop

I said that the B’s need help up front and have never claimed he was perfect. You, on the other hand, call him out for everything, ever since your boy Chia for shit-canned (rightfully so). He lucked into the next generational player in McDavid and still can’t win.

If I am on Sweeney’s PR team, you run Chia’s :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He made some bone head moves but he brought us the cup chara horton peverley Savard Thomas Campbell Claude in his era. Other than sequin I can’t hate on the guy. Don. Hasn’t proven anything just yet.

I have always given him props for the Cup. After that, it was pretty much all downhill. He had no clue about how to maintain the team once he got to the summit.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
man this place can be toxic.. i really dont understand the hate on heinen.. he should have raised the puck and he knew it.. showed it on the bench when the camera was on him.. but besides that i thought he was one of our best players on the ice.. good in his own end, good on the wall. always seems to be in position.. that third line was easily the most effective last night , bruce should have pumped them onto the ice a lot more.. im really getting sick of writing this, but marchand has to stop trying to skate through three defenders.. its getting old. the amount of giveaways he has in a game is crazy.. the backes, cave, nordstrom line is brutal.. we all go crazy about hits and toughness not realizing that every time backes makes a hit it puts him 10 seconds behind the play while these teams skate the other way..you trade prospect assets for help.. you are not going to get a superstar but you can upgrade guys like acciari, cave, with actual nhl players and be surprised at what a difference it makes.

I thought Heinen was really very good last night, so was JFK. The 4th line held their own against Eichel's line and kept them away from the offensive end. Cave's line got toasted in that matchup in the 3rd. Bergeron changes that game completely.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

but he's propped up like he has, which is why I don't take anything bruins say seriously, all spin and excuses and bad decisions, not enough winning and acquiring talent

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
What the &&^%&& was Noel Acciari doing dressed again last night?

And what the *&^& has freakin' Colby Cave done to warrant a everyday spot in the line-up? He hasn't been scratched once since his recall.

Do they realize that Acciari and Cave have almost combined for 40 man-games now, and haven't put the puck past a goaltender even once?

But yet, they roll them both out their game after game.

How many teams can afford to have a ZERO goal scorer on not just one but TWO lines?

Get rid of these marginal hockey players and maybe the team can muster up more than 2 goals a game.

Cassidy said in an interview either after or before the game that he is loyal to "his guys" and that a guy like Smith has to do enough to knock one of his guys out of the lineup, and Smith hasn't done that according to him.

Reactions: BruinDust

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Cassidy said in an interview either after or before the game that he is loyal to "his guys" and that a guy like Smith has to do enough to knock one of his guys out of the lineup, and Smith hasn't done that according to him.
Have to agree with him,I’m not an Acciari fan bye any means,but would rather him be in the lineup over Smith,but then would rather see someone from Providence get a shot also,Smith has some speed but really has nothing else in his game that I have seen.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Cup is a pretty big deal. Lol. But yes relied too much on core.

The Cup IS a big deal, and Chia deserves his slice of credit. Like most championships, there was a lot of credit to go around. A lot of the Cup core was present before Chia arrived and he put the finishing touches on the team (Horton, etc).

As you say, after the Cup, unlike Chicago, who moved a lot of pieces around and kept it fresh, he tried to “keep the band together” and it didn't work out.

Reactions: Blowfish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->