GDT: Game 33: Avs vs Stars - 7PM MT - The Island of Misfit Toys

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Mostly a very good game, but being over aggressive on the PP up by 3 and a late penalty on the PP in there end, in the 3rd. If we can just clean up the mistakes then we should be able to put up a good record on this home stand.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Varly made some important and much needed saves but he was pretty shaky overall.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
For anyone calling MacK selfish get your heads checked. To many times we've seen him try to set someone up for hat trick into an empty only for it to fail. He made sure there was no mistake and iced the game for us and assured the win. I'll take the win over someone's personal accomplishment any day of the week.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I thought EJ played pretty well because I couldn't notice him, until he was part of two goals going in the back of our net. Girard continues to be our best D.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Honka isn't a dirty player, but holy hell that was a terrible hit by him. Lead with his elbow and stick and went straight into Compher's head. That needs some sort of discipline, even if it's a fine or a warning. Stars were totally gooning after the 1st period period though, it just seems they can't beat us like we can't beat the Blues. Funny how the division works.

Varly made some important and much needed saves but he was pretty shaky overall.
I'm going to go a step further and say that I don't think he was good at all. First goal was a wonderful goal to get Dallas back into the game and the second one was just him flailing around. He might've made that big save tonight, but his rebound control was absolutely terrible - the reason why the Stars eventually tied it. I'm with AJ, I think Grubs has gotta to start against the Islanders.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
yvmvEFT.png

They bent but didn't break here. That first period was one of the best they've played all year but it's tough to keep that up and the Stars were desperate.

Reactions: S E P H

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
A win. Fine. Anyways

1. Mikko had a great game on both sides of the puck. A few never quit plays from him tonight to thwart great chances for the stars. That boy is getting paid and I almost dont care how much.

2. Yah I have next to no confidence in Semyon at the moment. This game changed when he let in that soft goal from Lindell. The Stars were dead in the water all game until they realized Semyon could be got. I would like to see some more Grubauer going forward in all honesty.

3. The PP went to work tonight but I still think it lacks that killer instinct it had earlier in the season. Credit the Stars some as they applied the full court press on the Avs. Without the bump back play it kinda looked like everyone was confused as to what to do. Better have a plan B for next game because alot of teams might start deploying that tactic. Comeau was shadowing Mackinnon on the entry.

4. JTC is a gamer. This kid is a bulldog. I love how he plays in the dirty areas. I really hope hes ok from that hit. I know he returned but you just never know. I do know that if Z did that to Seguin or something that it would have likely resulted in a penalty.

5. Erik Johnson was terrible tonight. Looked like he was on his last leg and then he comes up with a huge play that leads to the GWG. Kinda looked like that puck was going 5 feet wide before Landeskog tipped it.

6. Landeskog was simply amazing. One of those follow the leader games as he came up clutch once again when we needed a goal.

7. If this team never gets a 3 goal lead to start a game again I would be happy. Seems they have no idea what to do once they get a lead that large. They did everything they could to let the Stars back in the game.

8. Calvert had a solid game. I dont get to say it often but I thought he was very good tonight. Stayed in his lane and played his game.

9. Need Jost to create more. Yah yah not a line driver whatever but hes on a scoring line. He needs to start getting into the dirty areas that JTC goes to to score goals. He needs to start moving his feet again. Didnt like Ghetto tonight either. The only guy I could stomach on that line really was the red head.

10. I liked Greers game tonight. Took the puck to the net hard and drove the net. That interference goal that called back happens but I would want Greer driving that net again. He does look faster this season so thats good.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Honka isn't a dirty player, but holy hell that was a terrible hit by him. Lead with his elbow and stick and went straight into Compher's head. That needs some sort of discipline, even if it's a fine or a warning. Stars were totally gooning after the 1st period period though, it just seems they can't beat us like we can't beat the Blues. Funny how the division works.

I'm going to go a step further and say that I don't think he was good at all. First goal was a wonderful goal to get Dallas back into the game and the second one was just him flailing around. He might've made that big save tonight, but his rebound control was absolutely terrible - the reason why the Stars eventually tied it. I'm with AJ, I think Grubs has gotta to start against the Islanders.

Yeah this game feels like they should of won 5-3 or 5-2 or something like that. I liked the way they played the entire game, and it seemed like one mistake ended up in the back of the net. Overall they played a very good game, and were disciplined for the most part. Not a lot of dumb penalties, and no major odd man rushes.

I like I said I enjoyed their game from start to finish.

Reactions: hooverdam

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3