GDT: Game 33: Avs vs Stars - 7PM MT - The Island of Misfit Toys

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Good GDT vibes!!!

They are pretty easily a better team than Dallas but let them in it as they wore down, which makes sense on the second half of a back-t0-back. Varlamov is kind of a problem though, just in a real funk right now.

Reactions: 5280 and Avs425

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You have to laugh at Calvert there lol he doesn't even look up to see he has 2 easy pass options to bury the empty net, misses by a mile, and then misses by a mile the second time lol

He had a great game though, he's one of our top cyclers and is great in the corners.

If he had any scoring ability, he'd have over 10 goals by now.

Reactions: hooverdam and Avs

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
4 plus goals against in 4 games is not good
Varly has completely forgotten how to make a save and is fighting every puck.

I'd love to see a game of Frank here soon. Light a fire under the asses of Grubs and Varly. Call him up for one of the home games and carry three goalies since he's in Loveland.

Reactions: MrPeePee

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Well maybe if Landeskog had rockets in his skates he could get to the puck first.
I was thinking the same thing, he could have dropped to Landy, but if that play didn't end up with a goal, it would look unbelievably stupid. No point in risking the win.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The Colorado Avalanche outplayed their bad luck tonight. I thought they played a great game overall. I enjoyed watching them tonight.
Varly still has me concerned. That first goal was bad. He didn't have much of a chance on the 2nd or 3rd, and Cole kicked the 4th one into his own net and then fell on varly lol

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Don't feel great about how that game went after the first period but hey, two points is what matters. Getting 3 of 4 points from the back to back sounds pretty good as well.

Glad to see Compher back out there after that dangerous hit. Hopefully he's okay and it's not one of those cases where symptoms show up later.

Have to give Calvert props for his play tonight. He was solid all around and now has as many goals as Comeau does points.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00