Post-Game Talk: GAME 31 - Mama Told Me (Not To Come to Winnipeg) - Jets 5 BRUINS 1

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Honestly, watching them sometimes I am surprised they aren't in the bottom of third of the league. They are not nearly as bad as the Sharks, true. But the sloppy, disorganized play is really something I did not expect to see out of this team after years of Claude and Butch. Getting the puck out of their own zone is an adventure far too often than it should be. The passing is just not clean and sharp most of the time, communication between players seems off. That they have the record they do is down to having Pasta and two of the best goalies in the league. Without them, it feels like a sub-.500 team.

The last 4 games before this one they played very good teams and all 4 went to OT.

Comparison to bottom 3rd teams really isn't fair.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, this team is f***ed. They’re softer than shit.

The Bruins will go into a slide. Quote me, too.

What are your thoughts, though? Care to elaborate?
They are in their slide.

Only two teams in the entire Eastern Conference (PHI and NYI) have more points in their past 10 games than the Bruins. Who have been playing their worst hockey of the year.

Reactions: lopey

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Jets played a pretty much perfect hockey game.
B’s never once matched their pace, effort or forecheck

Can’t load up that top line either. Lines 2-3 were pathetic.

4th line was prolly the best line last night

Reactions: BergyWho37

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
They broke me in 2019 and then again last year, and I’m yet to fully recover. I still watch and care, but I won’t truly care until they’ve rebuilt. Or they win The Cup this year!
Definition of a bandwagon jumper(aka me with the Pats😏) but with Bruins, got to live and die with them, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, until death do you part:yo:

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
It's one thing to lose games and anybody that is realistic expected a down season maybe a wildcard spot

But what we are seeing is a team that is not improving on the fundamentals.
I would rather see them losing games but improving on key issues . Even when they win games they are still sloppy.

Seems to me a coach and three assistants would identify these problems an sort them out as the season progresses .
If the players aren't capable then it becomes Sweeney's problem. But I'm pretty sure barring injuries the players are capable.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Read article today and it had 6 one for 1 trades with Canucks for Kuznenko and Jake was not listed.Also read Swayman was beyond pissed last night being hung out to dry and here come the he might want out of Boston articles

Reactions: Gordoff

Bleed Black and Gold

Dec 16, 2018
Alas this is the challenge of an 82-game season. The team simply isn't going to get up and give their best, or even close to it, every night. It's not possible, or even sensible. But some fans only get to one game a year, or every 5 years, or even 10 years. Or maybe it's their first game ever. It costs time and money to attend. It's an emotional investment too. So when you get a game like this one where your team lays an egg, it sucks. Feel for you buddy. If for the most part it's excusable when teams put in bad performances (as long as it's not too often), especially on the road, it's still disappointing, and really it's fair to hope for at least some sort of effort and fight even on a poor night.

Here's hoping the next one you get to, whenever that is, is much better.
Like us common folk, I get that these players are human and will somedays not feel like giving it their all at work. But last night felt and looked different, then spending an extra 5 at the water cooler. It was like they all looked at each other before the game, shrugged their shoulder and said, “Meh, if we have to.”
I’ve watched this team lay many an egg over the years, and in much bigger and more important games than last night.
I guess it’s like you said, the fact that they did it while I was in attendance made it feel like a total flip of the bird to their fans.
Hopefully, they will make it up to me when I am in Boston for the rematch at the end of January!
Thanks for the pep talk!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yeah this team is way ahead of where I thought they would be. They also have the goaltending to steal a round or two. I honestly am just looking forward to the play-offs, and watching and enjoying the games, I can't get too up or down over regular season games, especially in December.
Yesh I don’t look at this team and think they can do anything in the playoffs
They are in their slide.

Only two teams in the entire Eastern Conference (PHI and NYI) have more points in their past 10 games than the Bruins. Who have been playing their worst hockey of the year.
Only 7 points between 1st and 9th in the conference not sure how the conference keeps getting closer if everyone is losing more than the Bruins you sure about those stats.

Reactions: Gordoff

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Definition of a bandwagon jumper(aka me with the Pats😏) but with Bruins, got to live and die with them, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, until death do you part:yo:

Black & Gold until I'm dead & cold :yo:

Was surprised to see that JVR has the most points in the last 5 games. Net front?

Some others last 5 games:
Coyle 0
Debrusk 0
Lindholm 0

Something has to change.

JvR has been great- he knows that good things happen when you go to the net. He's willing to pay the price. Too bad his teammates aren't. And I include my boy Charlie Coyle, a guy his size should be crashing the net every chance he gets.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Only 7 points between 1st and 9th in the conference not sure how the conference keeps getting closer if everyone is losing more than the Bruins you sure about those stats.
D2121B53-2050-4234-B2FF-01BCA2407AB3.jpeg

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022

As Billy Bob Thornton once said to Thurman Merman….”they all can’t be winners kid.”

Bleed Black and Gold

Dec 16, 2018
@Bleed Black and Gold

Just keep believing :)

I can't explain why the team looked so flat tonight but :banghead:

I have enjoyed my previous trips to Winnipeg and was thrilled when tteam in 2011. I hope Quebec City gets another shot as well but the reality is the Habs will never allow that to happen
Always believing, Black and gold till I’m dead and cold!
That’s never going to change!
Winnipeg is the epitome of, nice place to visit, just wouldn’t want to live there.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Two points:

1. Winnipeg was really good.

2. Bruins being able to complete more of their passes would have made a world of difference in the game. Execute better tonight, please.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The last 4 games before this one they played very good teams and all 4 went to OT.

Comparison to bottom 3rd teams really isn't fair.
Even before that they have not played very well as a team- the sloppiness and disorganization has been evident even with the record being good. It’s coming back to haunt them now that they have been playing better teams.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad