Post-Game Talk: GAME 31 - Mama Told Me (Not To Come to Winnipeg) - Jets 5 BRUINS 1

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
They are definitely having issues. They have 3 regulation wins this month. You can stat watch all you want but they aren’t telling the story if you aren’t watching the games.

Did Mac get hurt? Missed game
He got squished by Lowry in third, he held his arm all the way to the bench and was seen in pain. He did finish the game, but it didn’t look good

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Monty's binkie Mitchell brought up to fill in if Mac is not ready to go. Hey......

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They are definitely having issues. They have 3 regulation wins this month. You can stat watch all you want but they aren’t telling the story if you aren’t watching the games.

He got squished by Lowry in third, he held his arm all the way to the bench and was seen in pain. He did finish the game, but it didn’t look good
Looking at wins and losses is stat watching now? I said above they’re in a slide right now. Some context is in order though.

Reactions: lopey

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
So, Brad is the problem? :laugh: Good lord.....

YOU need to get some sleep

Susan, please. I didn't say that. Perhaps you were half asleep reading it. I did not say Brad was a problem. Cmon now. Go back and read. We were so bad that Brad has no shots on goal. That's all I was saying. Is that not okay to say?

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
To think going into this year the Bruins would be a strong team and a Stanley cup contender was real realistic ? I think not. If the Bruins make the playoffs this year great. If not I hope they know where they stand before trade deadline. I do not think they have the trade assets to make a big impact at the deadline. They how ever have the ability to make some improvements and obtain some assets going forward.

There is a price you pay for being a strong contender for many years. It is now time to start restocking the cupboards with draft picks and smart signings. I have certainly enjoyed the competitive team, management has iced for several years and feel confident that will continue. Team toughness is an area that needs to improve for sure. The Lucic situation is not something any one could expect . Team toughness starts with a few and grows from there . A player like Chara is the perfect example of a player who can go a long ways towards changing that identity .

Any knowledgeable Bruin fan knew this year was going to have it's challenges . For the Bruins to be where they are in the standings at Christmas break is a pleasant surprise
That's the problem though right? They will be good enough at deadline they won't trade their expiring contracts for prospects/picks, they might even try to add and dig the hole deeper only to early exit again.

Players like DeBrusk should be flipped imo but there's no one to take their spot and you can't really bail on a season when you have some success so they are kind of stuck.

I agree with you though, we all knew this year was going to be challenging to say the least. How they restructure next year will be the key to what we have going forward.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That's the problem though right? They will be good enough at deadline they won't trade their expiring contracts for prospects/picks, they might even try to add and dig the hole deeper only to early exit again.

Players like DeBrusk should be flipped imo but there's no one to take their spot and you can't really bail on a season when you have some success so they are kind of stuck.

I agree with you though, we all knew this year was going to be challenging to say the least. How they restructure next year will be the key to what we have going forward.

This is a bridge year. We all know it. Why are we acting like this is some new thing. They have talent, but they're not extremely talented. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Buy with what? They may be in first, but this team is fundamentally flawed, they are undersized, slow, lack depth scoring, very soft, and the defense is crap outside of Mac. They have 1.5 goal scorers , 1 great defenseman, and 2 great goalies . They don’t have enough capital to fill all those holes. It’s time they restock the cupboards a bit.
It's not easy to be both undersized and slow, but they've managed it.

Reactions: Gordoff

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Buy with what? They may be in first, but this team is fundamentally flawed, they are undersized, slow, lack depth scoring, very soft, and the defense is crap outside of Mac. They have 1.5 goal scorers , 1 great defenseman, and 2 great goalies . They don’t have enough capital to fill all those holes. It’s time they restock the cupboards a bit.
Mac is a minus player (-6), and he showed why last night at the end of the 1st period. He charged in to make a very good pass that was just missed for a tip in, but then instead of reversing and getting back into position, he lazily kept skating all the way behind the opposing net and was hopelessly caught up the ice for the first goal. He gets caught too many times.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Mac is a minus player (-6), and he showed why last night at the end of the 1st period. He charged in to make a very good pass that was just missed for a tip in, but then instead of reversing and getting back into position, he lazily kept skating all the way behind the opposing net and was hopelessly caught up the ice for the first goal. He gets caught too many times.
I’m more inclined to cut him some slack. Although he’s been fighting it for one reason or another lately.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
The identity is easy. They are a structured possession team. Any team that plays a similar style or wildly offensive (like Leafs) they have a good chance to beat.

The struggle becomes against aggressive forecheck teams (that have some talent) that pull the structure apart. They don’t have enough instinctual hockey to overcome that which leads to turnovers allowing these teams skilled players room to operate causing them fits.

That aggressive forecheck game will wane up and down in a regular season because it’s hard to play that way 82 games a season. These style type teams will benefit in playoff hockey. It’s the exact opposite for teams that play the bruins style. That’s why teams like Florida scare me ore than a team like the Leafs when it comes to the playoffs
I think you are on to something. That's why Carolina gives them such fits, especially there. I went last year and I said after the game it was the worst I'd ever seen them play. I don't think they came close to scoring a goal in that game.

I think last night they played even worse. At least I didn't drive 3 hours to watch it, and I DVR'd the game and fast forwarded it through the entire 3rd period.

Jets played a pretty much perfect hockey game.
B’s never once matched their pace, effort or forecheck

Can’t load up that top line either. Lines 2-3 were pathetic.

4th line was prolly the best line last night
You can't forecheck if you never get the puck in the other team's zone. Just sayin'.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Team is not overly talented imo. Coaches can only do so much. Top 6 is average outside of Pasta and Marchy. Bottom 6 is average. D is average. Goaltenders are elite. This results un a slightly above average team.
I'm not suggesting the coach turn an "average" team into something else. Just correct some obvious problems. At least try to make progress towards correcting them

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Definition of a bandwagon jumper(aka me with the Pats😏) but with Bruins, got to live and die with them, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, until death do you part:yo:
Really? I’ve been a Bruins fan, in Toronto, since I was a kid in the early 70s, post 72 tho. I’ve died with them repeatedly, and yet here I still am. Does that meet your standards, or . . . ?

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Really? I’ve been a Bruins fan, in Toronto, since I was a kid in the early 70s, post 72 tho. I’ve died with them repeatedly, and yet here I still am. Does that meet your standards, or . . . ?
Your post said “I won’t truly care until they are rebuilt or win the Cup” maybe just frustration with the last game? 1960’s for me, and also had my heart ripped out repeatedly.

Reactions: lopey

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Your post said “I won’t truly care until they are rebuilt or win the Cup” maybe just frustration with the last game? 1960’s for me, and also had my heart ripped out repeatedly.
“Truly care”. Yesterday was meh. It’s losing in the Cup Final that does it to me, or losing in the first round last year. My point is that they’re not an “up and coming” team with a bright future, they’re a declining team. Until they rebuild, if they do, or retool, and are an exciting young team again, I’m not going to invest a great deal of emotional energy into them. Some? Sure. A ton? Nope. Not yet. 15 times bitten twice shy (was also a Red Sox fan through 75, 78, 86, etc. Was never a Pats fan so. Never got to experience that. Living in TO I was a Bills fan (sorry! ;) ), alas. More heartdeath). Still, here I am. Regardless, one post does not a fan make or a fan break.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
“Truly care”. Yesterday was meh. It’s losing in the Cup Final that does it to me, or losing in the first round last year. My point is that they’re not an “up and coming” team with a bright future, they’re a declining team. Once the rebuild, if they do, or retool, and are an exciting young team again, I’m not going to invest a great deal of emotional energy into them. Some? Sure. A ton? Nope. Not yet. 15 times bitten twice shy (was also a Red Sox fan through 75, 78, 86, etc. Was never a Pats fan so. Never got to experience that. Living in TO I was a Bills fan (sorry! ;) ), alas. More heartdeath). Still, here I am. Regardless, one post does not a fan make or a fan break.
Agreed, and anyone who hangs out here with us in the lunatic fringe must be invested…sadly I still can’t give up on being a Red Sox diehard, born into it…Peace, enjoy the holidays:xtree:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad