GDT: Game 31: Columbus vs. Washington 12/18 7PM EST

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Do you think the Caps paid the ref to call that one goal a good goal? If so, I think an investigation is needed.

The reason I mentioned Super Bowl XL is because I'm a Browns fan too and seeing the Steelers win that one the way they did was just awful.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Glad to get the point, but son of a B you gotta want it. We can't shut down an opponent to save our lives.

Burakovsky95*

Do you think the Caps paid the ref to call that one goal a good goal? If so, I think an investigation is needed.

The reason I mentioned Super Bowl XL is because I'm a Browns fan too and seeing the Steelers win that one the way they did was just awful.

Can I politely ask what game you were watching?

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH

You're ridiculous. The guy didn't even kick the puck, and the refs didn't make the decision, Toronto did.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Hawks fan here. The game was on csn here in Chicago so I watched. Glad to see Morin get a point. Also, you guys are good, and fun to watch. Refs were Trollin a bit tonight.

Really looking forward to Saturday's game.

Last edited:

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Rimer wouldn't agree with you and neither do I... How do they call back Jenner goal earlier in the season but not this one? It's completely up to Toronto and they said 'eff cbj'

Using a guy like Rimer who can't even see what players are on the ice, certainly doesn't bode well for your case.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Rimer wouldn't agree with you and neither do I... How do they call back Jenner goal earlier in the season but not this one? It's completely up to Toronto and they said 'eff cbj'

For the last frikkin' time. The GMs changed the "distinct kicking motion" rule to make it more literal and permissive. Yes we've been screwed by that in the past, but this time the ruling was correct.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Right now I'm worried about how we will do against Chicago. We haven't fared well against them in recent years ever since they started to contend for the Cup (even winning the Cup twice).

Chicago is one of the best teams in the league I won't argue with that. At least we will be playing them at home so that "da-da-da da-da-da" song (which I like in other contexts) won't be around.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Forget about this one fast because we face two legitimately good teams next, lets hope this isn't the start of a losing streak.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 58s59 seconds ago
That kicking motion was easily the distinctest I have seen since last June in Brazil. But the #Caps, apparently, can score this way now #CBJ

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Great 2nd and good start to the 3rd. Chokejob from there. Two soft goals on Bob (the first and alzner). Can't play like that in the first and can't choke away leads. Sucks

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 58s59 seconds ago
That kicking motion was easily the distinctest I have seen since last June in Brazil. But the #Caps, apparently, can score this way now #CBJ

He angled it in, no forward kick. And actually anyone can score that way now, it's the rule.

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
For the last frikkin' time. The GMs changed the "distinct kicking motion" rule to make it more literal and permissive. Yes we've been screwed by that in the past, but this time the ruling was correct.

If Jenners goal was a kicking motion while he is getting upended, that Caps goal is a kick too...

What is a kicking motion then? He directed the puck with his skate, moving his blades inward toward the net as the pass came in. If that's not a kick then the Jenner goal was not either. No consistency...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Now that you remind me of it, I can remember that Jenner disallowed goal. Jenner definitely had more of a kick than Brouwer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad