GDT: Game 31: Columbus vs. Washington 12/18 7PM EST

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Rimer wouldn't agree with you and neither do I... How do they call back Jenner goal earlier in the season but not this one? It's completely up to Toronto and they said 'eff cbj'

Rimer isn't a smart man and one of the biggest homers on the planet. I would use him to support anything if I were you.

I didn't say anything about consistency, but watching this game... It's pretty damn obvious the refs didn't give it to them. We did.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
If Jenners goal was a kicking motion while he is getting upended, that Caps goal is a kick too...

What is a kicking motion then? He directed the puck with his skate, moving his blades inward toward the net as the pass came in. If that's not a kick then the Jenner goal was not either. No consistency...

Dude, even so, don't you think it is possible that they were wrong that time, but got it correct this time (which they weren't wrong)? By the rules it was a good goal, get over it.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Let's move on from how tonight's game ended and look forward to Saturday. The road to the Stanley Cup, in my eyes, truly begins with that Blackhawks game. The Cup will be ours this year. It is destiny, written in the stars.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well, GameCenter crapped out on me with about 1:30 to go. By the time I got it back it was game over.

I kind of agree with aRussian in that we looked a lot like we did in the 7 games streak. Big difference was Bob let in a few softies but not that much different imo.

A break here or there and that 7 game streak could have been a continuation of the losing streak.

In my opinion this is not a very good team right now. The injury excuse is still in play but it is less a factor than it was.

Where have you gone Ryan Johansen? Blue Jacket nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Our offense, as i mentioned earlier in my MFRONE impression, is terrible. How can the same guys who work the puck so well to have the 5th or 6th best pp become so inept 5v5?

At least the 4th line now has a goal. :handclap:

Chi,Nashville, Boston & Minnesota left for this homestand. Still make or break time imo.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Ok I'm over the DKM goal and am back to just enjoying that game. Glad we got a point. Need to tighten things up for the Hawks. And Bob needs to shake this one off.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Chi,Nashville, Boston & Minnesota left for this homestand. Still make or break time imo.

Well you're not going to like the results. I see a max 4 points out of that group of games. It's not make or break time in December. That would be in February.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree that this game was a lot like the previous games. We won the other games because of Bob, and he had an off night tonight.

Why are we so bad 5 on 5? Because we basically have Nick Foligno and then a bunch of rubes out there.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Bob had to come back down to Earth sometime.. tonight just happened to be the night. A point is better than nothing.. on to Chicago!

Now Johansen? Who knows... he's been absent for quite some time now. An assist here and there is not going to cut it.

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
Bob had to come back down to Earth sometime.. tonight just happened to be the night. A point is better than nothing.. on to Chicago!

Now Johansen? Who knows... he's been absent for quite some time now. An assist here and there is not going to cut it.

He won the Pitt game and also Detroit... Huge in the shootout

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
IMO this is one of the problems in this team

TOI/G

Corey Tropp: 7:26
Jared Boll: 7:32
Michael Chaput: 10:41

Despite the injury wave, neither Boll or Tropp have even earned the trust to log more than marginal minutes, and Chaput is getting his minute due to lack of options. Technically, none of them figure to be on a 100% healthy lineup but that's where losing DMac hurts and even Comeau, while paying Boll as if he was a guy who you could trust to play like a full roster player. Part of the reason why we're getting crunched 5v5 is because Richards can't really roll four lines and the 4th line's job goes from wearing down the opposition to "for the love of god don't get scored on"

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
IMO this is one of the problems in this team

TOI/G

Corey Tropp: 7:26
Jared Boll: 7:32
Michael Chaput: 10:41

Despite the injury wave, neither Boll or Tropp have even earned the trust to log more than marginal minutes, and Chaput is getting his minute due to lack of options. Technically, none of them figure to be on a 100% healthy lineup but that's where losing DMac hurts and even Comeau, while paying Boll as if he was a guy who you could trust to play like a full roster player. Part of the reason why we're getting crunched 5v5 is because Richards can't really roll four lines and the 4th line's job goes from wearing down the opposition to "for the love of god don't get scored on"

I think Chaput's looked a lot better since his callup; he'll belong on a healthy team.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things

Ringworm.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Johansen is a disgrace. Let him wear 61. I thought we got rid of the moody, half arsed superstar. He should be put in the press box, not even invited to practice. Let Wennberg replace him. Other than some lost face offs, there would be no difference, other than that Wennberg plays better d. There is no worse insult I can give beyond suggesting he should be replaced by Wennberg. Joey is truly terrible. Okay, no pres box, then put him on the 4th line with Boll. that is all he deserves.

At one point, not less than 10 feet in front of me, I watch Joey actually put on the breaks to reduce the impact of his hit on a Caps guy. To call it a hit. is a gross exaggeration. More like he was coping a feel. But he literally broke down his speed so that his "check" was nothing more than a soft nudge. Joey is actually hurting this team during regulation. He is outright terrible. If I am Jarmo, I am looking to trade him while he is at peak value. Joey has become a friggin joke on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad