GDT: Game #30 Vancouver Canucks @ Your Columbus Blue Jackets 12-11-18

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The 2nd goal should have been prevented if the Jackets could have made an easy clear or maybe if they could have tried to be in the same zip code as the first guy who tipped the puck.

Murray and Jones both attacking the Canuck behind the net and neither getting close to winning the puck didn’t help as well.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The 2nd goal should have been prevented if the Jackets could have made an easy clear or maybe if they could have tried to be in the same zip code as the first guy who tipped the puck.
He tipped it wide of the net. If it weren't for the second deflection, it'd have been about a meter wide left.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The third goal was on Korpi the other two were lucky POS goals. No excuse for zero points again at home!!! Need to trim some fat off the roster Nash and Wennberg to start.

And you think there's some rock hard abs under that "fat"? Who gets those center minutes, Sedlak and Dalpe?

And recommending personnel moves after a game like that - for anything besides backup goaltender - is just pure panicky nonsense and bad management.

Reactions: Viqsi

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Compared to some previous games where they tried to sit on leads, that didn't happen tonight. The Canucks didn't get much, not early, not middle, not late. It was, as we've all acknowledged, two lucky goals and a bad play by Korpisalo. It's not like Korpi had to make any big saves leading up to that, maybe one or two semi-dangerous shots.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Wennberg needs to be better if he is going to be the 2C.
And Korpisalo needs to better if he wants to be a starter yeah? Those 2 fairy tales are so old and washed out, Korpi is not a starter not even a good backup and Wennberg is a 3C at best.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
And you think there's some rock hard abs under that "fat"? Who gets those center minutes, Sedlak and Dalpe?

And recommending personnel moves after a game like that - for anything besides backup goaltender - is just pure panicky nonsense and bad management.
Many people have been wanting to trade Wennberg for a while. We could add a player like Charlie Coyle and put Wennberg on the 3rd or fourth line or send him the other way I don’t care.

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
Compared to some previous games where they tried to sit on leads, that didn't happen tonight. The Canucks didn't get much, not early, not middle, not late. It was, as we've all acknowledged, two lucky goals and a bad play by Korpisalo. It's not like Korpi had to make any big saves leading up to that, maybe one or two semi-dangerous shots.

You must have been asleep when Korpi stopped the breakaway potential short hand goal!

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
In all reality Korpi played a near perfect game . 2 , double deflected goals , and a seeing eye shot that had a few inches of open net, don’t get me wrong, the third should have been saved, the other 2, not a chance .

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
In all reality Korpi played a near perfect game . 2 , double deflected goals , and a seeing eye shot that had a few inches of open net, don’t get me wrong, the third should have been saved, the other 2, not a chance .
Right, the score should have been 4-1 and would be on most nights.

Just not tonight. So you move on.

The only frustrating part is that it came at home and not on the road.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How anyone looks of this team as a Stanley Cup contender is beyond me

If all I had to go on is tonight's play, they should be a serious contender. They had the vast majority of the zone time and the chances, and there were very few chances given up to the Canucks at any point in the game. Sift out the luck and focus on the fundamentals.

Reactions: Crede777

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
If all I had to go on is tonight's play, they should be a serious contender. They had the vast majority of the zone time and the chances, and there were very few chances given up to the Canucks at any point in the game. Sift out the luck and focus on the fundamentals.
You realize Vancouver is 22nd in the league? Get outta here

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Overall for the first 57 minutes this was one of the better games we've played recently....last 3 were killer, pretty much giving up the last goal.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Many people have been wanting to trade Wennberg for a while. We could add a player like Charlie Coyle and put Wennberg on the 3rd or fourth line or send him the other way I don’t care.

Sure but clamoring tonight to ditch players is obviously just a panic move. Can people even pretend to have a steady hand?

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad