Post-Game Talk: Game 30 - Colorado is now 13-2-2 at TD Garden as they beat the Bruins 4-1

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
1. The Bruins last 4-5 games have been trending toward a loss like this, predictable that it would happen against the Avs.
2. Bruins desperately need Bergy, hope he is actually healthy and ready next week.
3. Time for Chuckie bright lights to view the game from above in a suit and tie, one or more games as needed, got enough D-men to rotate him out.
4. No really big issues here, they built enough of a cushion to allow for a few games without earning a point.

don’t agree on three. He misread Gryz being able to get to the pass on that one goal, but even on a poor game was easily one of the Bruins four best D. Gryz and Moore both easily had worse games.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sigh. It was bound to happen and tonight it did.

Charley M has been having some tough games.

Getting Bergy back will help.

we still need someone who will hit hard and often the guys who are crunching Pasta.

Maybe the road trip (and the return of Bergy) will be just what they need.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don’t mind putting the lines in a blender when things are not good. Funny when Julien was here everyone complained that he would never change the lines. Now folks are mad about Cassidy turning on the blender when things are not working.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I had one mostly to relax as I didn't expect my anxiety to skyrocket sitting in Rafters.

Its awesome up there but I was not prepared for the seats.

Oops - I should have mentioned that to you! When I first saw the seats from below in the balcony, I nearly had a heart attack because the glass was so clear that you couldn't see it. A few more looks and with the lights swishing around, and I finally saw the glass - but still, I wouldn't recommend it for acrophobes!

Then again, apparently, I'm easily confused by seeing the 9th floor from below - I had no idea they opened up the east/shoot 1x side to get "natural light" in during the day, and I wondered why they turned the bright lights on for the whole game during a matinee!

I can't say I was surprised about this game. We've been getting results that are FAR better than what the team really is. Right now, I feel like we're a 2nd or 3rd seed team in a normal division. With the Atlantic generally sucking, and with our good luck, it's inflating our standings a LOT. Hopefully, they wake up!

Not happy with McAvoy at all these past two games. Hopefully he shakes the monkey off his back, and fast.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
They smelled tonight. They've honestly smelled for a while but they were still getting points so it hides it.

They were just so off on pretty much everything tonight.

And how many f***ing shots did COL block? Get the f***ing puck through.

Reactions: BMC

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
This was a really predictable loss. I think most realists figured a Bruins team missing Bergeron would lose to the red hot Avs.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Hopefully getting Bergeron back will stabilize the lines.

But they've got to stop waiting until the third period to play with any sort of intensity.

Ottawa next... Wasn't there some punk besides Borodoofuski that was running around last game?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I had one mostly to relax as I didn't expect my anxiety to skyrocket sitting in Rafters.

Its awesome up there but I was not prepared for the seats.
So Sorry to hear this Ali. Just curious what it's like (since I've been to games on the ninth floor) did you take any pictures to show what it's like in those seats?

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I’m disappointed with McAvoy’s play especially his decision when he’s moving the puck up ice. He’s lacking confidence. I do not wanna trade him. It’s not about that lol. I’m just disappointed with his overall play.

I am always very pessimistic that McAvoy will ever be the all-star he's "supposed" to be. There always seems to be something "wrong" with him.

Having said that, I agree NOT to trade him. Trading him would invoke the Bruin's "curse", and he will immediately vault to superstardom with ANOTHER team.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If i were to check the box score and see that Boston had more than say, 10-12 shots on net, id be fairly surprised.

the game may have ended 2.5 hours ago, but somewhere the entire Bruins roster is collectively standing still with the puck in shooting position.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Oops - I should have mentioned that to you! When I first saw the seats from below in the balcony, I nearly had a heart attack because the glass was so clear that you couldn't see it. A few more looks and with the lights swishing around, and I finally saw the glass - but still, I wouldn't recommend it for acrophobes!

Then again, apparently, I'm easily confused by seeing the 9th floor from below - I had no idea they opened up the east/shoot 1x side to get "natural light" in during the day, and I wondered why they turned the bright lights on for the whole game during a matinee!

I can't say I was surprised about this game. We've been getting results that are FAR better than what the team really is. Right now, I feel like we're a 2nd or 3rd seed team in a normal division. With the Atlantic generally sucking, and with our good luck, it's inflating our standings a LOT. Hopefully, they wake up!

Not happy with McAvoy at all these past two games. Hopefully he shakes the monkey off his back, and fast.
I've always claimed to have a fear of heights, but I think it's actually more to do with feeling secure. I have no problem flying in an airplane and in fact I prefer the window seat. All is well and good until we hit significant turbulence and then I'm done. :laugh: :help:

I can also get heebie-jeebies standing on a rickety four-foot ladder.

At first glance I don't think I'd be fond of those seats but I think I could adapt to them pretty quick since I'd know I couldn't fall.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
1. The Bruins last 4-5 games have been trending toward a loss like this, predictable that it would happen against the Avs.
2. Bruins desperately need Bergy, hope he is actually healthy and ready next week.
3. Time for Chuckie bright lights to view the game from above in a suit and tie, one or more games as needed, got enough D-men to rotate him out.
4. No really big issues here, they built enough of a cushion to allow for a few games without earning a point.

Are you out of your f***ing mind?

Reactions: BBB24

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So Sorry to hear this Ali. Just curious what it's like (since I've been to games on the ninth floor) did you take any pictures to show what it's like in those seats?
I'll post in the garden improvements thread in the morning. Right now I'm going to crawl into bed, have a cup of tea and fall asleep :)

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Sweeney made a mistake letting Acciari walk and giving his money to Lindholm and Gaunce (you could say Ritchie too but I at least understand what they were hoping to achieve with him, even though I don't think it will pan out that way). I actually don't dislike Lindy as some here seem to do - he certainly tries hard and he plays responsibly, particularly in the D zone, but he just doesn't offer a whole lot. And Gaunce has barely had a chance but simply doesn't seem quite up to NHL standard.

Whereas Acciari doesn't have a lot of skill but he's built like a little mack truck who hits hard and often, creates space, wins pucks, is an excellent penalty killer, can play center and wing, and he reads the play well and had good chemistry with Kuraly, Wags etc. He added some grit and energy to the team that feels like it's lacking at the moment.

It's not a massive thing, and I'm not saying that the team would be 'x' amount better with him in it, I just feel that it had better balance when he was and I'd rather he was still around as 1 proven, solid performer rather than 2 so-so replacements.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Bruins lost to a really good team tonight, which there's no shame in. They probably had it coming. They've been in this weird situation where they're multiple games ahead in their Division, and 2nd in the league, but really haven't felt like they're playing consistent, good hockey since around the start of November. To their credit they've found ways to bank points, and that's what you need to do in this long season, but there are still so many areas in which you assume they can improve but it's still unknown if or when they will. It's mostly a good thing, but with a little lingering nervousness over just what their ceiling is and what the team will look like come PO time.

Right now confidence is dipping and guys are second-guessing themselves a lot and making multiple plays that don't connect. Even their shooting has been woeful the past 2 games and the PPs have been rank. But is this simply because the lines are all jumbled, or is a deeper problem? When Bergy comes back and everyone has a game or two to hopefully settle then we'll know. It's amazing what difference 1 player can make - not just because he's Bergeron and he's elite, but because suddenly we're back to:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-??
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen
Nordy-Kuraly-Wags

and the world just seems a better place where everything is in its place, even the usual 2nd line hole!

My last thought is that this team also misses Clifton. Nothing against Moore, who's been really solid and is certainly at present a technically better player, but Cliffy gives them zip and energy and he skates the puck up ice really well. I'm not sure what they do going forwards there, as I think both add value in different ways, just hope they get it right.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I don’t mind putting the lines in a blender when things are not good. Funny when Julien was here everyone complained that he would never change the lines. Now folks are mad about Cassidy turning on the blender when things are not working.

yeah I guess that was when the team seemed to have more skill up and down the lineup

really now it’s 1.5 lines of skill and the rest energy lines. no one wants Lindholm with Pastrnak

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
They smelled tonight. They've honestly smelled for a while but they were still getting points so it hides it.

They were just so off on pretty much everything tonight.

And how many ****ing shots did COL block? Get the ****ing puck through.

Is that because they played like
upload_2019-12-8_0-25-22.jpeg
?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Isn't that always the way?

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Bad product. I'm glad the Avs got the injuries in this one, though. That team has a high coward factor, starting with that goofball loser Zadorov.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bad product. I'm glad the Avs got the injuries in this one, though. That team has a high coward factor, starting with that goofball loser Zadorov.
Why do people hate Zadorov? It’s so odd that we piss and moan about certain players.

1. Tom Wilson is a POS
2. Brendan Lemieux is a POS
3. Now Zadorov is a POS

Why? Because they blast the bejesus out of their opposition?

I’ll take all 3 on this team. I love how we’re now giving other teams the gears for having “bullies” while we won the cup with several of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad