Post-Game Talk: Game 30 - Colorado is now 13-2-2 at TD Garden as they beat the Bruins 4-1

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Sweeney made a mistake letting Acciari walk and giving his money to Lindholm and Gaunce (you could say Ritchie too but I at least understand what they were hoping to achieve with him, even though I don't think it will pan out that way). I actually don't dislike Lindy as some here seem to do - he certainly tries hard and he plays responsibly, particularly in the D zone, but he just doesn't offer a whole lot. And Gaunce has barely had a chance but simply doesn't seem quite up to NHL standard.

Whereas Acciari doesn't have a lot of skill but he's built like a little mack truck who hits hard and often, creates space, wins pucks, is an excellent penalty killer, can play center and wing, and he reads the play well and had good chemistry with Kuraly, Wags etc. He added some grit and energy to the team that feels like it's lacking at the moment.

It's not a massive thing, and I'm not saying that the team would be 'x' amount better with him in it, I just feel that it had better balance when he was and I'd rather he was still around as 1 proven, solid performer rather than 2 so-so replacements.

Lindholm is Heinen, without the C level goal scoring ability.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Sweeney made a mistake letting Acciari walk and giving his money to Lindholm and Gaunce (you could say Ritchie too but I at least understand what they were hoping to achieve with him, even though I don't think it will pan out that way). I actually don't dislike Lindy as some here seem to do - he certainly tries hard and he plays responsibly, particularly in the D zone, but he just doesn't offer a whole lot. And Gaunce has barely had a chance but simply doesn't seem quite up to NHL standard.

Whereas Acciari doesn't have a lot of skill but he's built like a little mack truck who hits hard and often, creates space, wins pucks, is an excellent penalty killer, can play center and wing, and he reads the play well and had good chemistry with Kuraly, Wags etc. He added some grit and energy to the team that feels like it's lacking at the moment.

It's not a massive thing, and I'm not saying that the team would be 'x' amount better with him in it, I just feel that it had better balance when he was and I'd rather he was still around as 1 proven, solid performer rather than 2 so-so replacements.

How'd you come up with Gaunce? He's on a two-way deal and when he's in the AHL, his deal doesn't count against the cap. I don't see how Sweeney made a mistake letting Acciari go at all. He's a good player, but he' getting 1.6M AAV for the next 3 years. That's a lot of money for a limited offensive player. You're also ignoring the term of the contract. That's a big deal. It wasn't a 1-year deal.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
They did acquire Coyle and Mojo.
Yes, but all three first line guys were damage in the PO! Hit too oftenly and with very few Boston response.
Same will happen. They need a big guy up front in the top 6. They need someone who can play in opponents mind by his only presence.. à la Wilson for example which is rare![/QUOTE]

I agree with you...would never have made it to the Cup without that 3rd line. Bruins will get someone.

Reactions: Strafer

aguineapig

The Avs skated as if they had the tail wind coming through a pass in the Rockies down onto the Plains last evening. The B's looked like the had the flu ( did Cassidy say some were under the weather at the pre game?). They will have to answer to the same thing many here are concerned about the B's. Can they stack up vs. a heavy physical opponent come playoffs? Bruins have to get Bergy back and back to basics. Skating and team D.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Acciari got a 3-year deal with a modified no-trade.

Gaunce isn't even on the roster.

Ritchie got a one-year deal.

Lindholm got two years at half what Florida is paying Acciari. If this roster ever get healthy he may not even be on the roster either, making his salary inconsequential.

Apple and oranges even if Noel is the superior player to the other 3 listed above.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Why do people hate Zadorov? It’s so odd that we piss and moan about certain players.

1. Tom Wilson is a POS
2. Brendan Lemieux is a POS
3. Now Zadorov is a POS

Why? Because they blast the bejesus out of their opposition?

I’ll take all 3 on this team. I love how we’re now giving other teams the gears for having “bullies” while we won the cup with several of them.

Most fans on here call other "rats" and agitators pieces of shit while they're doing their jobs. Getting mucky and grindy and under your skin isn't dirty and it's part of the game. Just ask Marchand.

Then you got your Zadorovs of the world who are just massive hitters. He's a strong boi.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The bruins can't go into the playoffs relying on Marchand/Bergeron/Pasta. They need help on offence.

A proven goal scorer and take advantage of the D depth to make it happen! Sooner than later to allow chemistry.
I really think they should make a push for Taylor Hall.

That idea doesn’t seem to have a lot of traction around here, but I agree that if the Bruins are serious about contending for the Stanley Cup this season, a move to acquire another scorer to bolster the middle six should be made.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I’m disappointed with McAvoy’s play especially his decision when he’s moving the puck up ice. He’s lacking confidence. I do not wanna trade him. It’s not about that lol. I’m just disappointed with his overall play.
Maybe we can trade McAvoy for that Makar guy. ;)

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Never caught last nights game, but Cassidy really scratched Backes (whose been playing well since his return) to get Ritchie back in the line-up. If your going to scratch anyone scratch the useless Par Lindholm.

Yep, they play these dead weight guys like it doesn't matter. Like, we'll just lean on Marchand and Pasta and Krejci and Coyle a little heavier, that's all. When you play elite teams like Colorado and Washington, you need those lower lines to pull their own weight and contribute.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Pretty obvious we need some help up front, guys like Heinen, Bjork and Coyle are pretty good players , but not top 6 guys. I think we need not one but two top 6 players, as I fear Bergy may be starting to slow down with injuries and who knows if he is available at playoff time at least at 100%. We have a glut on D with NHL guys and prospects, time to trade some for legit NHL forwards that can produce. Even if Bergy can play and we get two top 6 players, DeBrusk can then slide down to a third line role. Heinen and/or Bjork most likely would be moved in deals to bring new players in as well.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I’m disappointed with McAvoy’s play especially his decision when he’s moving the puck up ice. He’s lacking confidence. I do not wanna trade him. It’s not about that lol. I’m just disappointed with his overall play.

Yeah, I agree he has seemed to taken a step backwards, hopefully its just growing pains but his decision making in his own end has been very questionable and his offensive play has been sub-par. He's young and Im sure he'll bounce back strong. Chabot in Ottawa is having a very similar year but he's been extremely suspect in his own end, and even offensively he has made some questionable unlike Chabot plays.

Their both young payers with a whole lot of talent, in which the league has taken notice too, and all it may take is time for them to make adjustments.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Never caught last nights game, but Cassidy really scratched Backes (whose been playing well since his return) to get Ritchie back in the line-up. If your going to scratch anyone scratch the useless Par Lindholm.
Unfortunately, Par is in because we lack centerman depth. Sweeney needs to figure out how to get rid of Backes and the 6 million cap hit. It is the only way any moves can be made to bring in a player that cna have some impact in the top six.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Also, it bugs me that Bjork doesn't see more time. I think he's earned it. He set up our only goal. He has a positive effect on the game every time he steps on the ice, no matter who he plays with. He's been tenacious, tough and heady... Yet he only got 11 minutes against Colorado. For comparison's sake, DeBrusk played over 20 minutes and had no shots on goal. He led all forwards in ice time and had almost 3 more minutes than Marchand.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Also, it bugs me that Bjork doesn't see more time. I think he's earned it. He set up our only goal. He has a positive effect on the game every time he steps on the ice, no matter who he plays with. He's been tenacious, tough and heady... Yet he only got 11 minutes against Colorado. For comparison's sake, DeBrusk played over 20 minutes and had no shots on goal. He led all forwards in ice time and had almost 3 more minutes than Marchand.

Very frustrating. He doesn't get much ice time and he's saddled with 4th liners (or worse). Bjork is not going to produce consistently with the likes of Lindholm, Ritchie, Kuraly, or Wagner. He needs to see an increase and get him on one of the PP's. It's maddening to see guys like Backes and Ritchie trotted out on 5v4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->