Post-Game Talk: Game 30 - Colorado is now 13-2-2 at TD Garden as they beat the Bruins 4-1

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
they really havent played well since the devils 5-1 win. that 8-1 habs win halak made so many good saves and price was brutal.

Agree..and yet they were still piling up the points by only playing 20 to 30 minutes a game

It's almost as if they thought they could just turn it on in the third period every game for the win but it finally caught up to them

..but there's nothing better than a loss to get you re-focused and hungry for a win again

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
McAvoy has had a really good season, but he's kind of fell off the last 2-3 games. Happens to everyone. He'll bounce back.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I want him as a top flight number 1 D- Man . I need more from BOTH ends from him. I’m not trading him. He’s a better player than this.

Also he's 21.... Years old....

Same with Pastrnak at the age of 23....

High standards is a good thing. Pastrnak leads the league in goals. McAvoy leads this team (#1 goal differential) in TOI by more than a minute. No major reconstructive surgery needed.... Everyone relax.

Problems aren't with the top half of the roster IMO anyway. They have a good core, they have quality youth. It's the supporting cast that is lacking. My beef is that they haven't even tried to address it during the season. I've said what I feel about Backes, Lindolm, and Ritchie. Keep pounding. It's not fitting. I didn't buy into Nordstrom until about January of last year. Hopefully it works out the same way. Not seeing it at this time.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Agree..and yet they were still piling up the points by only playing 20 to 30 minutes a game

It's almost as if they thought they could just turn it on in the third period every game for the win but it finally caught up to them

..but there's nothing better than a loss to get you re-focused and hungry for a win again
Loser point aside, IMO it feels like 2 losses in a row. It's gonna happen, it's a long season.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyorr04

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
They can move Lindholm to Providence any time and there would be nothing against the cap.
Yup

Need some moves like this to show that Bruce and management have some balls. Only showing tough love to Cehlarik won’t cut it.

Backes who was a very good player prior to becoming a Bruin had a good first game back as he always does when he gets a break. But his return has hurt the team. Make a statement and send him to Providence.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
1. The Bruins last 4-5 games have been trending toward a loss like this, predictable that it would happen against the Avs.
2. Bruins desperately need Bergy, hope he is actually healthy and ready next week.
3. Time for Chuckie bright lights to view the game from above in a suit and tie, one or more games as needed, got enough D-men to rotate him out.
4. No really big issues here, they built enough of a cushion to allow for a few games without earning a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad