Post-Game Talk: Game 30 - Colorado is now 13-2-2 at TD Garden as they beat the Bruins 4-1

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Also, it bugs me that Bjork doesn't see more time. I think he's earned it. He set up our only goal. He has a positive effect on the game every time he steps on the ice, no matter who he plays with. He's been tenacious, tough and heady... Yet he only got 11 minutes against Colorado. For comparison's sake, DeBrusk played over 20 minutes and had no shots on goal. He led all forwards in ice time and had almost 3 more minutes than Marchand.

Sad to say but when Bergeron is ready to go (sounds like it will be soon), Bjork not only will see less ice time, I suspect he loses the numbers game by virtue of being the only roster player not subject to waivers. He's got 8 more games and I would think Bergeron is back before that, so baring no injuries to other guys, someone is going off this roster. Which is unfortunate because to these eyes anyways, he not only belongs on the roster but should be an everyday player.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Also, it bugs me that Bjork doesn't see more time. I think he's earned it. He set up our only goal. He has a positive effect on the game every time he steps on the ice, no matter who he plays with. He's been tenacious, tough and heady... Yet he only got 11 minutes against Colorado. For comparison's sake, DeBrusk played over 20 minutes and had no shots on goal. He led all forwards in ice time and had almost 3 more minutes than Marchand.

I didn't even realize DeBrusk played that many minutes, somehow hardly noticed him in 20+ minutes.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Thought Richie played a good game, plenty of chances
Basically the D sucked and the offense didn’t help them out much
One last thing the lines are horrible bur not sure there is enough there to make a top 6 with the way they are playing

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
The Bruins are in a bad stretch of hockey with a very consolidated schedule, but I think everyone expected that bad stretch to be in October at the beginning of the season due to the short off season. Also during that bad stretch of hockey and without Bergy they are still 6-1-2! Let's relax.

The best news of the last night was the Nordy-Kuraly-Wagner line back together and doing what they did in the playoffs last year.
They were plus 1 against maybe the best line in hockey IMO.

Reactions: BBB24 and Alicat

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It was inevitable that they would lose,they really hadn’t been playing that great for awhile.
agreed, although I missed this tilt the boys have been playing a dangerous game that is open to what seemed to happen last night, giving opponents leave and hoping they`ll come back in the 3rd

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sad to say but when Bergeron is ready to go (sounds like it will be soon), Bjork not only will see less ice time, I suspect he loses the numbers game by virtue of being the only roster player not subject to waivers. He's got 8 more games and I would think Bergeron is back before that, so baring no injuries to other guys, someone is going off this roster. Which is unfortunate because to these eyes anyways, he not only belongs on the roster but should be an everyday player.

Should be lindholm regardless :(

Reactions: BruinDust

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Show-case? The ducks have been scouting the bruins pretty heavy.
Odd for him too be receiving more ice time than Krejci, Coyle, Marchand and Pasta and it wasn't just a few seconds were talking nearly 3 minutes over Krejci and Marchand and two over Pasta.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You're belittling Heinen's all around game to make the take. I don't get why goals are the offensive stat you seem to put weight into.

It was more a comment on Lindholm’s defensive ability.

And in all honesty, I didn’t look at Lindholms career stats before posting, and figured he had more assists than he did.

God he’s terrible.

But, I really should have said score points, instead of goals.

In the end, I’d still be just as comfortable with Lindholm out there protecting a one goal lead with a minute left as I am with Heinen.

And neither brings any physicality.

Lastly, goals are the most important offensive stat. That’s why I put so much stock in them.

Reactions: TCB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yep...I don't like the flyers

It stems from my taking a liking to them in the late 80’s when they played the Habs.

I rooted hard for them vs. Chelios and the rest of that rotten bunch and have always had a soft spot for them.

Reactions: Ladyfan

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

If they bench Bjork and keep Lindholm in the lineup I'm going to very dissapointed.

The Bruins have had a lot of offensive black holes over the years but Lindholm really takes the title.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Should of been Lindholm. Kampfer I can see getting claimed. Lindholm there would be little chance IMO, and if he was, it's addition by subtraction. Win-win.

Sweeney's been very good signing these bottom roster guys lately but Lindholm is a strikeout. Cut your losses and send him to Providence.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Acciari got a 3-year deal with a modified no-trade.

Gaunce isn't even on the roster.

Ritchie got a one-year deal.

Lindholm got two years at half what Florida is paying Acciari. If this roster ever get healthy he may not even be on the roster either, making his salary inconsequential.

Apple and oranges even if Noel is the superior player to the other 3 listed above.

I'm not really interested in who's currently where or the contract terms - IMO the Bruins either win the Cup this season or not for the next 5 at least. So I think the top priority was to make the best possible Cup-run roster for this year. And I think that letting Acciari go while bringing in 3 guys of little value makes the team weaker for that run.

None of those 3 will see more than a smidgen of playoff game time, or if we're in a position where they do then our run won't last long. Again, I'd rather have 1 guy on the roster who's proven than 3 who in all likelihood won't/shouldn't be there when it really counts.

Really it comes down to value - I reckon Acciari would have stayed in Boston for a little less, say 3x1.55. Is he worth that as part of an immediate Cup push, both individually and in terms of how his cap hit affects how you sort out the rest of the roster? I think he would have been, but I'll freely say that it's just my opinion. Clearly Sweeney did the maths and decided otherwise, and I respect that. I'm just not sure I agree with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad