Post-Game Talk: Game 3 @ Vegas - THE BEAR dances on the Vegas Strip - BRUINS 4 VGK 3 F

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Thought the team outplayed Vegas for most of the game and some poor coverage led to their goals. Definitely some calls went against us that are a bit iffy.

First line looked great
Third line looked great (Danton Heinen seems to be poised for a breakout season)
Fourth line looked pretty good (especially Wags)
Second line not so much. DeBrusk was guilty of some lazy play and turnovers. Krejci was good when he played with Heinen and Coyle. Kuhlman had some bursts but did not have the puck enough. Once he was on the 3rd line he was great.

Brett Ritchie overall, not a great game.

Conor Clifton and Gryz were the best d-pair.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I knew I wasn't gonna stay awake.

Glad they won though, and even gladder they score 2+ goals! 6 points was not what I expected but I'll take it.

Now make it 8.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
@TD Charlie No it wasn't you.

There was an issue with electronics that run the virtual ads behind the glass - if we went in tighter the ads would vanish.

Those ads bring in roughly 50K in revenue per game which offsets production costs on the road.

The crew despises the ads as we do the ticker but we also know it generates revenue. It is what it is.
I had to watch the game on my tablet . On the big screen the game looked so far away . Even on the tablet it was a very frustrating experience.

Reactions: veganbruin

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Didn’t watch - will tonight

Asked to keep an eye on 2 things:

1. KRUG- to see if he got out of his fog (for him)

2. Marchand & Pastrnak

were they playing 200 feet? Or trying to be the Harlem Globetrotters
You'll be a happy guy

Reactions: DKH

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
How would one watch in 4k through Amazon prime?

View their website?

You'd need a 4k player of some sort. Whether it's your tv or iPad, or tablet. And you need Prime. If you don't have Prime, get it. Definitely worth it for the expedited shipping alone.

They broadcast a handful of their original programming in 4k and it's stunning to watch. All you need to do is play it if you have a 4k tv.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I'd like to see more of Kuhlman on that third line. They were mounting some serious zone time when he joined Heinen and Coyle.

But then who would play on the second line?

If only there was someone with skill to fill that hole.... maybe someone in the minors? :sarcasm:

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Very pleased with the effort last night. That's a great win on the road in a tough building against a tough team.... especially being down 2-0. With that being said, the Ritchie experiment needs to end, and Backes needs to stay on the 4th line or in the press box. We have 3 players who I don't want to see anywhere but the 4th line or PB.... Backes/Lindholm/Ritchie.... I guess same can be said for Nordy... so 4 guys for 1 spot and we need to punch up the RW spot on line 2. I loved Heinz/Coyle/Kuhlman once they made that switch. Give me Steen or Bjorkie next to Krech.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I'd like to see more of Kuhlman on that third line. They were mounting some serious zone time when he joined Heinen and Coyle.

If only there was someone with skill to fill that hole.... maybe someone in the minors? :sarcasm:

Pretty much said the same thing right after one another. That line looked awesome with Kuhly on it

Reactions: JCRO

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Very pleased with the effort last night. That's a great win on the road in a tough building against a tough team.... especially being down 2-0. With that being said, the Ritchie experiment needs to end, and Backes needs to stay on the 4th line or in the press box. We have 3 players who I don't want to see anywhere but the 4th line or PB.... Backes/Lindholm/Ritchie.... I guess same can be said for Nordy... so 4 guys for 1 spot and we need to punch up the RW spot on line 2. I loved Heinz/Coyle/Kuhlman once they made that switch. Give me Steen or Bjorkie next to Krech.
Exactly right.

Two of the four RWs last night were playing out of their correct lines. Once Kuhlman moved down to the third line that number decreased to one.

And yeah I don't want to see one of Richie/Backes/Lindholm/Nordstrom in the top 6.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Exactly right.

Two of the four RWs last night were playing out of their correct lines. Once Kuhlman moved down to the third line that number decreased to one.

And yeah I don't want to see one of Richie/Backes/Lindholm/Nordstrom in the top 6.

None of those guys are top 6 players, no matter how often the team puts them in those spots. It's f***ing shameful.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Im not alone in this thought, But Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman is the way to go. They need to figure out the 2nd line RW, and DeBrusk needs to be better. Backes has been fine and he's working his tail off but Wagner is just not the same player on his off wing. I think that line will be better with Nordstrom or Lindholm letting Wagner play RW. Then let Backes and Ritchie fight it out for 2nd line RW (but they need an AHL guy to step up, this can't be the 3rd line center issue from last year again). They have until Miller or Moore gets healthy to figure it out.

Carlo has been our best defenseman through 3 games. McAvoy needs to start seeing more time 5 on 5 without Chara. Though I understand why it happened last night with Matt's injury.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Well, Senyshyn did a good job last night on that line, no? :)

Reactions: JCRO

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I actually think I'd like to see Kuhlman more with Coyle and Heinen down the road. No idea what kind of results that would produce but it could be interesting

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Im not alone in this thought, But Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman is the way to go. They need to figure out the 2nd line RW, and DeBrusk needs to be better. Backes has been fine and he's working his tail off but Wagner is just not the same player on his off wing. I think that line will be better with Nordstrom or Lindholm letting Wagner play RW. Then let Backes and Ritchie fight it out for 2nd line RW along with the the AHL guys. They have until Miller or Moore gets healthy to figure it out.

Carlo has been our best defenseman through 3 games. McAvoy needs to start seeing more time 5 on 5 without Chara. Though I understand why it happened last night with Matt's injury.

Taking Backes and Ritchie and letting them fight for a 4th line spot is one thing. But letting them fight for the second line spot is an abomination. Neither is even close to being a top 6 player and the sooner the team stops with this nonsense and finds a real viable player for that spot, the better they'll be.

Shoehorning in a guy with zero skill into a top 6 spot just because they're grossly overpaying him does nothing but compound the issue.

Reactions: Estlin and Pia8988

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

This would make me happy

It's better than dressing Ritchie and Backes, but I personally do not like Pasta with DK. I don't think they have good chemistry for some reason. The only time I saw DK have any real consistent continuity was when he stepped in between Pasta and Marchand while PB was out. Without also having Marchand, DK and Pasta has been a mixed bag.

Reactions: Pia8988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad