Post-Game Talk: Game 3 @ Vegas - THE BEAR dances on the Vegas Strip - BRUINS 4 VGK 3 F

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Very pleased with the effort last night. That's a great win on the road in a tough building against a tough team.... especially being down 2-0. With that being said, the Ritchie experiment needs to end, and Backes needs to stay on the 4th line or in the press box. We have 3 players who I don't want to see anywhere but the 4th line or PB.... Backes/Lindholm/Ritchie.... I guess same can be said for Nordy... so 4 guys for 1 spot and we need to punch up the RW spot on line 2. I loved Heinz/Coyle/Kuhlman once they made that switch. Give me Steen or Bjorkie next to Krech.

One of the problems is that they have an excess of 4th line forwards on the roster right now (Backes, Kuraly, Wagner, Ritchie, Lindholm, and Nordstrom). They only need to keep 4 of those, and only 3 of them should be in the line-up at one time. Preferably, you want them to be able to kill penalties, especially considering the only other forwards who have are Marchand and Bergeron. I think Coyle and Heinen are capable, but they've shown zero interest in Heinen in that role and Coyle only plays PK occasionally. That leads me to choosing Wagner, Kuraly, and Nordstrom, with Lindholm as the 13th forward, which also helps because he can play center.

Backes has played well enough so far to earn a spot, but he doesn't kill penalties. You could consider him for the 3rd line, but I think Kuhlman fits better there. That leaves the 2nd line, and you definitely don't want him there.

It's a similar situation with Ritchie. He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been a great fit with Heinen and Coyle, and you don't want him in the top 6. He doesn't kill penalties, so you don't want him on the 4th line either.

I'm not sure that Backes or Ritchie deserve to be sent down, but it makes sense from a roster construction/team building point of view.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Nice game last night, Marchand & Pastrnak played very well. Glad Rask is okay. PK obviously just needs tightening up a bit.

I've seen enough of Ritchie already and I hope they have too. He is useless out there, the goal in game 1 seems like an anomaly. Backes still seems somewhat useful out there but Ritchie does nothing and the team gets shelled when he's on the ice. Please call up Bjork and put him on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Cassidy won't break up the top line, so I'd like to see then:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman
Wagner-Kuraly-Backes
Lindholm/Nordstrom

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Nice game last night, Marchand & Pastrnak played very well. Glad Rask is okay. PK obviously just needs tightening up a bit.

I've seen enough of Ritchie already and I hope they have too. He is useless out there, the goal in game 1 seems like an anomaly. Backes still seems somewhat useful out there but Ritchie does nothing and the team gets shelled when he's on the ice. Please call up Bjork and put him on the 2nd or 3rd line.

DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman
Wagner-Kuraly-Backes
Lindholm/Nordstrom
you could take out either Ritchie or Backes, to me they are about the same but IMO, I see Ritchie being a guy who is more likely to contribute a bit offensively. Either way, perfect world, the B`s would have someone in their spot(s) with some size, speed and the capability to contribute offensively but beggars can`t be choosers

I don`t see Ritchie being nearly as "useless" as many here, actually didn`t mind his "penalty", bout bloody time we have a player who shows no hesitation to get to the front of the net to try and create issues. Backes gets there too, literally the only two who do it consistently

Reactions: BMC

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
you could take out either Ritchie or Backes, to me they are about the same but IMO, I see Ritchie being a guy who is more likely to contribute a bit offensively. Either way, perfect world, the B`s would have someone in their spot(s) with some size, speed and the capability to contribute offensively but beggars can`t be choosers

I don`t see Ritchie being nearly as "useless" as many here, actually didn`t mind his "penalty", bout bloody time we have a player who shows no hesitation to get to the front of the net to try and create issues. Backes gets there too, literally the only two who do it consistently

I'm not sure how much Ritchie is "getting to the front of the net" when the team got outshot badly with him on the ice last night.

If you're keeping one for intangibles it's Backes, and Ritchie can easily be waived and his cap absorbed in Providence.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
You feeling any better ?

Not really, the pain still there taking my regular pain pills. Hospital gave me a patch and two 5 mg Percoset. Today waiting for operating room time for my pain management doctor to shoot steroids between two disks in the spine, tomorrow. I hope he guesses the right disks. Thanks for asking, this has been a chronic problem for me. At my age surgery preference is risky

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm not sure how much Ritchie is "getting to the front of the net" when the team got outshot badly with him on the ice last night.

If you're keeping one for intangibles it's Backes, and Ritchie can easily be waived and his cap absorbed in Providence.
I don`t get the hate for Ritchie, let`s not discount that Backes and company likely out vs the opponents 4th line and would you be intimating that Ritchie is responsible for the team giving up 12 shots when he was/is on the ice? Saw him make a nice block on a shot from the point, not sure about the stat line as I typically don`t look at it as my go to for opinions so not sure if he was credited with a nice takeaway from Stone in the D zone which led to clearing of the zone but this guy is getting a ton of hate here and I just don`t get it

Does that mean I feel he is irreplaceable or invaluable? Not a chance, nor does he deserve to be the new whipping boy out there, finding Debrusk`s play far less assertive and helpful to this point TBH

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not really, the pain still there taking my regular pain pills. Hospital gave me a patch and two 5 mg Percoset. Today waiting for operating room time for my pain management doctor to shoot steroids between two disks in the spine, tomorrow. I hope he guesses the right disks. Thanks for asking, this has been a chronic problem for me. At my age surgery preference is risky
Good Luck. I hope they can help your pain

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It's an epidural, I had a few and will still have more when needed. It's an injection on your sciatic nerve, they need to know on which side right or left. Usually after injection you already feel better. At most you'll still feel some pain for a few days, but it's not as much as before injection. It can last for months without pain. The good thing is... ounce you got the injection, next time you'll needed is just a walk in a park if they have room to accommodate you.
Good luck.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The Vegas announcers were saying cramps ...so that makes sense
I cramped up reffing the ASU club tryouts. went down and my calf locked up. Had to be helped up too, so I can see that being the issue. Mine was caused by dehydration too. It's easy to forget how much water you're losing in the desert because it evaporates so quickly.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A local told me this place was excellent - that was an understatement

1954533_KGu81zERELMTMj8ENDrAPXcbmQLrrs5X84IMLI9dr1g.jpg

23458863_bNhMvERS9Ocq4h8kjYzmvE3WqRMrFfkd3Bu7iCUngJE.jpg

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I thought Vegas was open the flood gates at 2-0

This Bruins team is excellent. I also think it is only a matter of time until we see Bjork. Krejci line looks a little disjointed/timing off. I still think Sweeney makes a serious move closer to the TDL to acquire that 2RW. Bruins have a plethora of young players in the AHL that are NHL ready so making this type of deal would be relatively easy.

Red rover, red rover I call Toffoli over. Would really love to acquire Hall somehow.....

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
It's an epidural, I had a few and will still have more when needed. It's an injection on your sciatic nerve, they need to know on which side right or left. Usually after injection you already feel better. At most you'll still feel some pain for a few days, but it's not as much as before injection. It can last for months without pain. The good thing is... ounce you got the injection, next time you'll needed is just a walk in a park if they have room to accommodate you.
Good luck.

Thank you for info, I have had around 20 epidural shots so far. They are no longer working. This be be my last one. I hope it works but I was planning to use this last attempt for the other side. I will know within 3 days if it worked. Again thanks for reply.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Thank you for info, I have had around 20 epidural shots so far. They are no longer working. This be be my last one. I hope it works but I was planning to use this last attempt for the other side. I will know within 3 days if it worked. Again thanks for reply.
Oh. Then what's left after that? What are your options then?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

God, man. I hope you are feeling better soon. Back issues are terrible.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I already had 9 epidurals on both sides.
3 didn't work, the problem was not the sciatic nerve it was the SI joint. Why are you limited to 20? I was allowed to have 4 per year because it was 100mm per shot. Now it's 40mm per shot I don't think there's limits on number of shots.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman
Wagner-Kuraly-Backes
Lindholm/Nordstrom

And if Bjork fails then go trade for a legit 2nd line RW.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Is this in reference to the penalty on Ritchie last night?

That definitely sparked the thought but I’ve had this question lingering in my mind for years. I don’t understand at all what it establishes in any facet of the game at this point.

It used to be strictly and unconditionally off limits to skaters. Goals would be called back like the goal against Washington in the playoffs years ago because a guys toe was within the blue paint.

Now it just seems to be completely arbitrary on the ice. What’s the stated purpose?

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
That shouldn't have been called.
Disagree. Ritchie made significant contact with Fleury and made no real attempt at avoiding it. I know he was driving the net, but just because a goalie is out of his crease doesn't mean he's fair game. What it does mean is that if Ritchie make any noticeable attempt at avoiding the contact or just makes a small amount of contact, it likely wouldn't have been called, because Fleury was out of his crease. But that was a clear penalty.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
"Shameful" lol. OK.

Yeah, shameful. Do you think it's acceptable to roll out a guy on the top 6 that you're only willing to play 7 minutes per night? Or a guy that's a healthy scratch every other game? Those players don't belong in the top 6 or top 9 based on what they are so stop rolling them out there. Not having a viable answer for the 3rd straight season at the 2nd line RW spot is pathetic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad