Post-Game Talk: Game 3 @ Vegas - THE BEAR dances on the Vegas Strip - BRUINS 4 VGK 3 F

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Is it too early for the "We want the cup " chant ?
I get what you’re saying but the only way a lot of Bruin fans are happy is if we win the cup this year. That would include me. One cup in 46 years isn’t enough. We have the team to do it. Especially when we get our 2nd line RW

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
surprised the way the games are trending ie TV VS REAL TIME, it seems faster than normal , take out the disjointed 2nd of the season opener against Dallas, it seems as this point the NHL has gotten the memo about pace of play, especially the late start times

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The stat starts counting after the line's amazing start to the 2017-2018 season.

That line was dominant at the beginning of the 2017-2018 season, started 23-3 GF-GA.
The rest of that season it turned around, 5-13.
Playoffs, 11-8.
2018-2019, 28-24 together. Remember, Marchand-Bergeron ran up their +/- over a stretch with Heinen.
2019 Playoffs, 6-7.
This season, 2-1.
It's a fair point, I'm sure they get tough match-ups but that line hasn't been dominating at even strength the last year and a half.
I love it when someone does the legwork for me. Thank you for this.

Reactions: YouTakeTheVan

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Sweeney had the quite legitimate excuse last season that he didn't know exactly how good this group was and how far it could go, so he was shrewd but cautious in his trades. But now we know, the early signs are good, the widow of opportunity at least for this core is closing fast, and our defensive depth has improved with Clifton stepping up and Gryz confirming his ability at this level beyond doubt, plus the guys in Providence who look good.

So this time we just have to use some of the 'excess' pieces at our disposal, take a little more risk and land the 2RW we need to take another serious tilt at the playoffs. We have the people to offer to get a satisfactory deal done, it's the money/cap that's the trickiest part, especially with Coyle, Krug and DeBrusk all coming up for contract renewals. But we have Moore, Miller, Ritchie and Backes all sitting on pretty good money and all looking increasingly surplus to requirements to one extent or another, plus a prospect or two that might be suitable to offload. Between all that, I think it can be done, and done well without compromising the strengths we already have.

Reactions: Blowfish

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'd like to see more of Kuhlman on that third line. They were mounting some serious zone time when he joined Heinen and Coyle.

But then who would play on the second line?

If only there was someone with skill to fill that hole.... maybe someone in the minors? :sarcasm:

He'll get injured getting off the bus.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Not too shabby...

upload_2019-10-9_21-6-32.jpeg

Reactions: Blowfish

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Whenever I see something like this I always think about how the season actually turned out. I hope the similarity stops right there.

I hear ya

Last season's first game the B's got smoked 7-0 and made it to the Cup final

It's not how you start but how you finish ....but it was an interesting stat

Reactions: Dr Hook

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Whenever I see something like this I always think about how the season actually turned out. I hope the similarity stops right there.
The Bruins absolutely needed to get off to a good start this year to prove to just about everyone they are serious about shaking off game 7 .

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The Bruins absolutely needed to get off to a good start this year to prove to just about everyone they are serious about shaking off game 7 .

Oh I've quite enjoyed them winning the first three and I think it bodes well for the season. Just that 01-02 season after coming in second in league in points getting bounced by the Habs in the first round was awful.

Reactions: lopey

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Ugh!!!! I get those when I’m sleeping sometimescand shoot up and it literally does feel like I’m having an alien pop out my calf. So painful. Damn dehydration

I have had them and it is incredibly painful - just gets worse and worse. I finally found out how to stop it by trial and error. I turned my leg every which way to alleviate it (while screaming) and then I chanced upon the remedy. Stand on your toes. Both feet cause it's hard to put your weight on just one. So which ever leg it is stand on your toes with both feet and it goes away in a few seconds. At least it does for me?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sweeney had the quite legitimate excuse last season that he didn't know exactly how good this group was and how far it could go, so he was shrewd but cautious in his trades. But now we know, the early signs are good, the widow of opportunity at least for this core is closing fast, and our defensive depth has improved with Clifton stepping up and Gryz confirming his ability at this level beyond doubt, plus the guys in Providence who look good.

So this time we just have to use some of the 'excess' pieces at our disposal, take a little more risk and land the 2RW we need to take another serious tilt at the playoffs. We have the people to offer to get a satisfactory deal done, it's the money/cap that's the trickiest part, especially with Coyle, Krug and DeBrusk all coming up for contract renewals. But we have Moore, Miller, Ritchie and Backes all sitting on pretty good money and all looking increasingly surplus to requirements to one extent or another, plus a prospect or two that might be suitable to offload. Between all that, I think it can be done, and done well without compromising the strengths we already have.

This whole 2nd line RW stuff is just so overblown.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This whole 2nd line RW stuff is just so overblown.

Do you think we can win the Cup without a proper one? I do, actually, since we just about did and arguably should have last season. But I would say our chances of success would be substantially higher if we can acquire a good one, and it seems like we just might have the pieces and money we need to make it happen in a satisfactory way, so it seems reasonable to at least discuss it.

However it won't be a panacea, or any sort of guarantee for success. It's a part of the puzzle for unlocking another deep playoff run, not the entire solution.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Im not alone in this thought, But Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman is the way to go. They need to figure out the 2nd line RW, and DeBrusk needs to be better. Backes has been fine and he's working his tail off but Wagner is just not the same player on his off wing. I think that line will be better with Nordstrom or Lindholm letting Wagner play RW. Then let Backes and Ritchie fight it out for 2nd line RW (but they need an AHL guy to step up, this can't be the 3rd line center issue from last year again). They have until Miller or Moore gets healthy to figure it out.

Carlo has been our best defenseman through 3 games. McAvoy needs to start seeing more time 5 on 5 without Chara. Though I understand why it happened last night with Matt's injury.

I'm guessing Bjork will be the skill player who ends up in the top 6. They can use Pastrnak and Bjork on RW with Bergeron and Krejci.

Kuhlman seems better in the bottom 6 at this point.

Reactions: Estlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad