GDT: Game #3: 1/17 Capitals vs Penguins *NOON eastern* 9am PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
R_Gl_5.gif

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Sullivan so protective of his forward lines he only makes changes to the defense.

trotmans going in next

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Honestly if they aren't going to attempt working through Matheson's game I don't see the point. They knew he was a project... or at least I hope they did. If they aren't even going to try then just nip this thing in the bud, now.

Or fire the moron bench bosses IDK

Yeah, I also find it funny we can scratch the third pairing within two regular season games, but in the playoffs we just elevate their minutes when they are horrible.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
well they desperately need to improve defensively and he’s been a liability there..on the other hand, so has Dumo and Letang but who are you going scratch among the three lol...?

I mean their team defense has been butt but frankly it's like... that's just ONE problem and probably not even the most egregious one.

Oh well whatever. Maybe just trying to cycle some guys in and out early season owing to zero camp and not much time to gel. But they can't play f***around too much longer. I know every team is going though the same thing but ours looks particularly unprepared.

Reactions: Andy99

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
They should ice the roster which gives them the best opportunity to win. Just because Matheson is getting scratched today does not mean that will be the case going forward. We need to steal a win against the Caps or else this ship will start sinking fast.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
They should ice the roster which gives them the best opportunity to win. Just because Matheson is getting scratched today does not mean that will be the case going forward. We need to steal a win against the Caps or else this ship will start sinking fast.
If you think that benching Matheson gives you the best chance at winning, then that trade was worse than I even thought.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hornqvist fell off a cliff in his last few years and didn't even remotely fit the 3rd line or how the team wanted to play. Move on from him.
No one cares that he is gone but not at the price we paid to dump him. You keep him before making that trade. If that’s the best you could get for Horny, then you are stuck with him. You don’t take on one of the worst contracts in the league and an overpaid warm body.

Reactions: Beauner

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
CHARTS INCOMING!

lol

Lol the charts said that Hornqvist was a super mediocre ES player that was dynamite on the PP, but when I posted them, some disagreed that they were right :laugh:

Like I said when they traded Hornqvist, it's going to be impossible to replace him on the power play but they're not going to miss him at ES. Based on the way their 3rd line has played, I'm willing to chalk that up as right so far.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hornqvist fell off a cliff in his last few years and didn't even remotely fit the 3rd line or how the team wanted to play. Move on from him.
The hornqvist fell off a cliff narrative is grossly over exaggerated. while there is some truth to it, he was nowhere near "dump him for an albatross defenseman" territory

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Lol the charts said that Hornqvist was a super mediocre ES player that was dynamite on the PP, but when I posted them, some disagreed that they were right :laugh:

Like I said when they traded Hornqvist, it's going to be impossible to replace him on the power play but they're not going to miss him at ES. Based on the way their 3rd line has played, I'm willing to chalk that up as right so far.

You don't have to tell me, man.

I'm not going hard to bat for Matheson here or anything. He might well end up a giant bag of flaming shit. But the Hornqvist stuff is all just nostalgia (and understandably so) talking.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly the whole Matheson HS makes me wonder if there has been some sort of breakdown in communication between JR and Sullivan. Like did JR just not discuss with Sullivan on the Hornqvist trade before he made it?

The hornqvist fell off a cliff narrative is grossly over exaggerated. while there is some truth to it, he was nowhere near "dump him for an albatross defenseman" territory

No it's factually correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad