GDT: Game #3: 1/17 Capitals vs Penguins *NOON eastern* 9am PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tanev is a better player for that 3rd line than Hornqvist, change my mind.

Anywho I really don't know what Sullivan is doing with the defense so I'll just sit back and watch the show.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Healthy scratch seems to be a bigger deal in hockey than any sport I’ve closely followed. Well among the fans anyway.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Sullivan is panicking.

Benching Matheson after two games, giving up on Ceci after one.

I mean, not that these guys have been good, but it is a little soon for such moves, especially in Matheson's case. Ceci, I do not mind. He was signed to be a 6/7 anyway.

I would prefer the panic to include a Jake/Zucker swap though.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
My pre-game excitement level:

Tim-Eric-Awesome-Shows-Tim-Is-Indifferent.gif

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sullivan is panicking.

I mean, not that these guys have been good, but it is a little soon for such moves, especially in Matheson's case. Ceci, I do not mind. He was signed to be a 6/7 anyway.

Yeah, I was thinking it showed a disagreement between Sullivan and JR, but you could be right in that Sullivan is just panicking right now and knows he'll get canned if they stumble at the start of the season.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I thought today's game was at 7PM. That was when I was going to have some brews. Maybe I'll finally eat breakfast at noon and will then crack open a beer depending on how the game is going.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Honestly the whole Matheson HS makes me wonder if there has been some sort of breakdown in communication between JR and Sullivan. Like did JR just not discuss with Sullivan on the Hornqvist trade before he made it?

I don't think so. I bet its more new guy and sullivan has what a week with him. I just do not think he trust him right now. Also isnt Reirden in charge of the d? Maybe he is just seeing what he's got.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Sullivan is panicking.

Sullivan knows his job is on the line and if they go into a tailspin, he will likely be gone.

So he’s not going to wait around for guys to figure things out and dig a hole.

E-rod is the odd exception, but I’m assuming Sullivan lost a bet to him or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad