GDT: Game #3: 1/17 Capitals vs Penguins *NOON eastern* 9am PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sullivan is panicking.

Benching Matheson after two games, giving up on Ceci after one.

I mean, not that these guys have been good, but it is a little soon for such moves, especially in Matheson's case. Ceci, I do not mind. He was signed to be a 6/7 anyway.

I would prefer the panic to include a Jake/Zucker swap though.

Yeah. No idea how he isn’t seeing the forward issues too.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Sullivan knows his job is on the line and if they go into a tailspin, he will likely be gone.

So he’s not going to wait around for guys to figure things out and dig a hole.

But he is skipping the least obvious moves. Its insane. Flipping Jake and Zucker. Hell id even throw Angello in for a game on the 4th line.

The defense has been troubling but you won't win if you can't get your top forwards going.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
My rule of thumb - if you keep the same lines/system, then you can expect the same results. ERod on L1 is hilarious. I don't care if he's a place holder or not.

Yeah ERod should be the point we complain about. Someone else might not do better but we certainly wouldn’t be hurt by trying

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
Chara a double agent, trying to hurt Caps and going to throw against the Bruins.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
But he is skipping the least obvious moves. Its insane. Flipping Jake and Zucker. Hell id even throw Angello in for a game on the 4th line.

The defense has been troubling but you won't win if you can't get your top forwards going.

He probably doesn’t think they are issues because they have generated a lot of shots.

Silly, but likely the logic he’s using.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sullivan knows his job is on the line and if they go into a tailspin, he will likely be gone.

So he’s not going to wait around for guys to figure things out and dig a hole.

E-rod is the odd exception, but I’m assuming Sullivan lost a bet to him or something.

He has another niece that needs marrying off...

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
No shake up to top 6 but immediate reaction to defense makes me wonder if 87/71 have some input, bc unless they wanna keep trying these line mates you can’t defend Erod.

Crosby and Guentzel were looking him off like kids with the bad players on the playground.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad