Post-Game Talk: Game # 29 Rangers @ Capitals - 7pm EST - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Good for OV. I just want him to break Gretzky’s record. Would be nice for the greatest goal scorer in NHL history to not be Canadian.

Why? I don't think such a one-dimensional player should hold a record like that. It doesnt seem fitting.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The PP is this season's biggest downfall. Everything about it, from time management to personnel. PP1 uses the entire time trying to set up that one perfect play.
Tonight was a microcosm of it. Yeah sure Panarin will bury a few here and there but its lifeless overall.

Reactions: will1066

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
trying to make the playoffs. Quinn said to rely on the top guys in his brief to Knoblauch. The message wasn't to play the kids or get them going. It's to rely on the veterans to win games.

The teaching coach stopped teaching about 18 months ago.
It’s not what we want to hear, but I don’t really blame him. The only thing that’s going to allow him to keep his job long term is winning at this point

Reactions: Tob

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I hope kakko gets a chance to play in the world championships this year if they have them. Let him get some confidence back and be used in big spots. Won’t happen here. And we prob will resign Buchnevich and keep him buried further.

Reactions: bl02

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This is why bad teams need to get these top picks. They need to be THE guys on those teams.

here they’re lucky they get a sniff while scratching and clawing for a playoff spot. I’m hoping when we get further out of a chance of making it we’ll lean more on the kids but doesn’t feel like it

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I thought Chytil had some good moments. Lindgren is a warrior.

How about some other clichés that help me feel better ?

Won't win many games by scoring one goal

The effort was there, the result was lacking

They deserved better

Next game it's gut check time

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him score

Hot foots are only funny a couple times a year

Defense wins championships

If you build it they will come

Show me a good goalie and I'll show you a good coach

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Rebuilds are full of ups and downs

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life

Okay, fair enough, some of those I made up, other have nothing to do with this game or even the sport.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Wait, what do you have against Canadians?
Hockey arrogance. Don’t mind them otherwise. Many of my coworkers are Canadian; delightful people. But the ones who talk about “our sport” and how “unfair” it is that a Canadian team hasn’t won the cup in decades are just insufferable. Otherwise I don’t really give a rats ass. :laugh:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I thought Chytil had some good moments. Lindgren is a warrior.

How about some other clichés that help me feel better ?

Won't win many games by scoring one goal

The effort was there, the result was lacking

They deserved better

Next game it's gut check time

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him score

Hot foots are only funny a couple times a year

Defense wins championships

If you build it they will come

Show me a good goalie and I'll show you a good coach

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Rebuilds are full of ups and downs

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life

Okay, fair enough, some of those I made up, other have nothing to do with this game or even the sport.
Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Hockey arrogance. Don’t mind them otherwise. Many of my coworkers are Canadian; delightful people. But the ones who talk about “our sport” and how “unfair” it is that a Canadian team hasn’t won the cup in decades are just insufferable. Otherwise I don’t really give a rats ass. :laugh:
giphy.gif

Reactions: CasusBelli

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Missed this one today but it’s probably best I did if I watched Kakko and Laf combine for 3 less minutes on the ice then Ryan Strome my brain prob woulda exploded

Reactions: Tob

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m not going to defend Georgievs play, but when you have a struggling backup only give up 2 goals, you have to give him some goal support. This was a winnable game even with the Ovechkin goals.
Also true. But the Ovechkin goals...if AG controls one of those rebounds- at least - it’s a different story.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We’re a 500 hockey team riding our vets at the expense of the development of our talented kids and that’s a terrible strategy
I would agree with this if we didn't already have high-end assets and needed another lottery pick. We don't.

The scorched earth teams that lose every night consistently have failed rebuilds.

People talk about experience and finding a way to win. That doesn't happen if you're not even in these games.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
We lost this game because our "top" players were overplayed, especially Fox and Lindgren and they were exhausted over the last 6 minutes of the game. That and our goalie kept losing his net on shots from the angle.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don’t know why I’m surprised by this, but, since Kakko and Lafreniere are on the clock, rapidly approaching the decline of their NHL careers, I feel like pointing out that within the next 1-2 years, there’s a very real possibly that our group of forwards will look like this:

1LW-1C-1RW
Panarin-2C-1RW
Kreider-3C-Kravtsov

Fill in the blanks.

You won’t have to worry about Kakko/Lafreniere/Chytil’s ice-time, I can tell you that much.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
What the hell...

More like worst goalie in the league gave them two empty betters and the
Geo is far from the worst goalie in the league. The first goal was luck and the second one was a rebound on a hard shot from the angle. We didn't finish our glorious chances and lost. And we overplayed our "stars" and they had nothing left at the end of the game. Empty netters? What a friggin dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad