Post-Game Talk: Game # 29 Rangers @ Capitals - 7pm EST - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So we're all just going from play Kakko, Lafreniere more and give them good linemates and PP1 time to scratch both of them! I like it. This franchise is now severely short on leadership. We had too much of it and too little skill for a decade and now it's flip flopped.
I certainly wouldn't scratch Kakko. He has to work his way out of this. It's ridiculous. The guy seems to be trying. Playing pretty good defense. He never seems to be in front of the net in the offensive end tho. Maybe get a dirty goal?!

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I don't know totally exhausting trying to figure out where to put Kakko and Laf at this point. I would just leave that line together. I don't think they were on for a goal against at least. They haven't been together that long. maybe give them another week or so?
Leave them together. Let them learn as a group.

Reactions: leetch99

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I don't know totally exhausting trying to figure out where to put Kakko and Laf at this point. I would just leave that line together. I don't think they were on for a goal against at least. They haven't been together that long. maybe give them another week or so?
This will probably happen but from a "tried everything else" perspective, which I understand.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And make no mistake I said it when it was assembled there’s only a kid line so Quinn can avoid playing them in the top 6. He’s just putting them together so he doesn’t have to deal with them. There’s zero development happening there

kakko not playing ANY pp time is ridiculous

lafreniere looks worse and worse.

I don’t know what we’re doing but they can’t make another kid line for kravtsov and Gauthier or can they?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
We're not as bad as our record. In fact this team has played like a legit playoff team probably in 80% of their games. Their goaltending has sunk them. Even Igor in the beginning against the Pens. This team is good enough to be a playoff team but they'll get some scrub 3rd liner between picks 10 and 15 this year. That's what we'll have to show for this season. Georgiev is trash. Kinkaid is trash. And Igor seems to have way too many injuries already in his career.
Well hey, at least we will have a great third line of the future with our #1 and #2 overall pick 3rd line forwards.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I know Laf can't be sent down to the AHL, but is it possible for him to do one of those 2 week training stints down there? I just feel like a couple of weeks on a top line against easier competition will let him relax a bit and come back ready to play.

Reactions: leetch99 and Sayba

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I know Laf can't be sent down to the AHL, but is it possible for him to do one of those 2 week training stints down there? I just feel like a couple of weeks on a top line against easier competition will let him relax a bit and come back ready to play.

He's not going down but it did do wonders for Chytil.

Reactions: Sayba

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Toughest loss of the year considering they outplayed them and deserved to win.

It’s annoying, but I’ll take this game over all the other ones we’ve lost because we couldn’t care to compete at all any day.

there were so many good things to take away from this one. A bad bounce and Georgiev shouldn’t take away from those things.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
What if the team wears Rimouski jerseys for one game?

Reactions: Synergy27

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Look at the bright side we won't have many cap issues at this rate. Kakko will get somewhere aroun 2.5-3 million per. Chytil maybe around 4ish?

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Not sure he gets either, but as usual Georgiev over slip on both goals. He does it all the time. He doesn't stop at the post, then can't get back.

But, Ovie, so, whatever.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You’re basically going to lose kakko and lafreniere completely this year and the coaches are doing zero to try and jumpstart them. It’s clear. It’s not a priority.
They are playing for their jobs and it's blowing up in their faces! Short term pain and no long term gain.
Kids goose eggs plus a loss. Horrible combination. If this is the plan they better be a top team next year while Panarin/Stome/Kreider are still performing at high levels.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Kakko can't even sniff the pp and Kravtsov won't either. What are we doing here??

trying to make the playoffs. Quinn said to rely on the top guys in his brief to Knoblauch. The message wasn't to play the kids or get them going. It's to rely on the veterans to win games.

The teaching coach stopped teaching about 18 months ago.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Watching Traktor this year you saw Kravtsov make some nice end to end rushed especially on the pp. His nuts will be cut off if he attempts that here.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
trying to make the playoffs. Quinn said to rely on the top guys in his brief to Knoblauch. The message wasn't to play the kids or get them going. It's to rely on the veterans to win games.

The teaching coach stopped teaching about 18 months ago.
That looks like the plan to me. Miller got the chances here because literally there are no other options and LD beyond Lindgren and look overall he's doing pretty well.

Reactions: Tob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad