Post-Game Talk: Game # 29 Rangers @ Capitals - 7pm EST - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
MFW posters are appalled by how much vitriol myself and @Machinehead expel in Washington’s direction...

I’m counting the days until Ovechkin and Backstrom hang ‘em up and I no longer have to acknowledge the existence of that dum-dum franchise.
Word, I hope they go back to being a comedy act like the Devils have post-Brodeur.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We're not as bad as our record. In fact this team has played like a legit playoff team probably in 80% of their games. Their goaltending has sunk them. Even Igor in the beginning against the Pens. This team is good enough to be a playoff team but they'll get some scrub 3rd liner between picks 10 and 15 this year. That's what we'll have to show for this season. Georgiev is trash. Kinkaid is trash. And Igor seems to have way too many injuries already in his career.

Nah, we're going to package that No. 1 draft pick in an Eichel trade.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
1. Get Igor back
2. Practice 6 on 5 end of game situations.
3. Break up the kid line
4. Do something with the PP.
All good points.
1.) Lets hope
2.) won't matter they aren't even close to threatening on 6 on 5
3.) At this point who knows what's going on with 24 and 13 offensively
4.) Will never happen.

Reactions: NYRKING30

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
the first goal was unlucky. That shot was like 1000 feet wide.

he overplayed the second and kicked it right into the happy zone. This is why he is what he is.

It’s weird to say, but this loss is 1000000 times more satisfying than the wins they had against Buffalo and NJ earlier this month where they got their teeth kicked in and happened to win. If they do this on the regular, they’re going to win a ton.

The Rangers were very good for the first two periods. First time I've seen mobility and cohesion throughout the lines, even a solid puck possession game. It all fell apart in the third period, the weak fourth line and some questionable goal tending didn't help, but for the first time they looked like a team for parts of the game rather than just riding some big talent up front.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I should be bummed, but i'm pretty okay with the L. Our Defense gives me serious hope for this future, once our young forwards take that next step we'll be rolling 3 dangerous lines.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
So we're all just going from play Kakko, Lafreniere more and give them good linemates and PP1 time to scratch both of them! I like it. This franchise is now severely short on leadership. We had too much of it and too little skill for a decade and now it's flip flopped.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't know totally exhausting trying to figure out where to put Kakko and Laf at this point. I would just leave that line together. I don't think they were on for a goal against at least. They haven't been together that long. maybe give them another week or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad