Post-Game Talk: GAME #29 - Canucks 3 vs. Blues 2 Part II - "More TSN Coverage Please "

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'm happy to see one of our goalies keep it under 3 goals against per game. Give Schneider the reigns and let him run with it now.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
What's with all the freak goals against? Last game there were two tough tips going in, today two goals because the puck hit players. 4 unlucky bounces in the last 24 hours. That's gotta turn around at some point right?

that tends to happen when you spend 75% of a period running around in your own zone

John Bender*

Schroeder had some good jump both this game and last game. Hope he can keep this up!

I have been very hard on Schroeder to this point, but he was very good tonight. If he can keep that up, they'll have found their new 3rd line centre.

I do wonder if it would not be valualbe for Vancouver to just drop Sestito from the lineup and put Malhotra back in - just to win draws. (I know Gillis refuses to do this). Thing is........seems they are getting eaten alive in the faceoff circle.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Hey, what do ya know? Schroeder made things happen in the offensive zone? AV does not understand.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Canucks loses: 300+ members visiting thread, 200+ guests.

Win: 100 members, 90 guests.

Lol. So many people love watching the Canucks lose.

Or maybe there are a bunch of pissed off Canucks fans that are both members AND guests that need to read and write about how frustrated they are with this team?

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Yay we win!

I didn't see most of the third, so it seemed like an evenly matched game to me lol.

Good on Schroeder for making lemons out of lemonade. Don't expect it to continue though lol.

Daniel gets a goal which was nice but really he and Hank were playing fine so the goal thing wasn't a big deal IMO.

Of course, I did start watching again just in time to watch us doing our old sit back on the lead 'tactic'. Notice I put tactic in quotations. It's more like punching yourself in the groin than an actual tactic.

Honestly, I could probably be a lot more negative about this game but we need a win really badly. I'll just say this - we managed to get back to 2011-2012 level of play where goaltending bailed us out. That is a good first step lol.

Also, our upcoming schedule looks a lot easier than Minnesota's, even though we have a very condensed schedule.

John Bender*

I still have money on Minni for the cup.

Canucks so badly need a top pairing shut down defenseman type. I heard Suter played 20 minutes in the final 2 periods last night. You need those type of guys in the playoffs - the Canucks don't have one.

Still way too much of a firedrill too often in their own end.

LolClarkson*

Did Schredder's stock rise, fall or go sideways as result of this game ?

just22

Aug 2, 2009

They also love reading the meltdown on this forum... some posts are just hilariously bad.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver

Many Canucks fans chief among them apparently.

Great game by Schneider. Very poor first, timid 3rd but a win is a win and this team needs some confidence builders. Would really like for us to roll with 4 natural centers next game.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
My complaints about this game:

Hamhuis and Bieksa are awful. Just completely awful. Hamhuis can't shoot, and is super slow. Bieksa just stands there and doesn't do anything useful.

Alain Vigneault is stupid. 20 minutes left and you tell them to dump the puck in at the center line and surrender the puck every play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad