Post-Game Talk: GAME 28 - The effort was there but...... Tampa 3 BRUINS 2 FINAL

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Don't agree with this at all! Grizz is a better D Zone player than Krug and only lacks the WOW shot to completely make Krug

What does Grizz do so special on offemce though.Yes he is steady and shifty with puck etc but he does not change outcomes like Krug could for a contender.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yeah, I took some flack last year for suggesting that IMO Grizz has more potential than Krug in the future.

Krug might get his act together yet, but right now he looks terrible and has been on the ice for most of the goals given up by the B's the last 2 games

At bare minimum when the team is healthy krug needs to play a lot less even strength minutes. It’s no coincidence goalies have had one of the worst even strength on ice save percentages among all bruins defenders the past three seasons with krug on the ice. Not a huge fan of plus/minus but Krug being -16 the past three seasons combined on a team that has dominated even strength play the past few years is alarming.

It gets even worse when you consider the pretty low quality of competition for a guy who gets as many minutes per game as he does.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Better than I thought this game would go, sadly you don't get bonus point for being competitive. Someone needs to start scoring some goals. Something is seriously wrong with this team right now.

Backes - 5 points
Heinen - 5 points
Nordstrom - 5 points
Kuraly - 4 points
Wagner - 3 points
Bjork - 3 points
Acciari - 1 point
Donato - 2 points
JFK - 2 points

HELP!

Reactions: Silva and Blowfish

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The injuries have been an issue but the lack of scoring is the bigger concern.

Sweeney/Neeley figured at the very worst they would finish third in the Atlantic. Montreal improved themselves by shipping Max67 out and Buffalo has finally jelled. After the Bruins got spanked in the opener the following night at the Sabres home opener they did the same to Buffalo.

If they do make a deal it will be most likely with a team in the West because every team in the East still has a shot at a Wild Card. Who would have thought Detroit would be where they are right now?

upload_2018-12-7_2-22-48.png

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We lost by one point to the best team in the league. And we’re all banged up, missing key parts. FWIW, I think they held their own for a good part of the game, which should have been a blowout.

One problem right now is the two leaders in the Bruins room are not in it - Chara and Bergie

The season is NOT a lost cause yet - lots of hockey to be played

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
26 games in and Heinen has only 2 goals and 5 points in total. How is that acceptable? Heinen is playing good positional sound hockey (which most players must do at this level do) however he is one of the "forward position" reasons why the bruins are smelling the joint. I guess you can include Debrusk however with him you can see him generating opportunities for himself and for his linemates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
15 goals in 9 games since Bergeron's injury (1.66 goals/game)

7/15 goals scored or assisted by Pasta
6/15 goals assisted by Krug
4/15 goals scored or assisted by Marchand
3/15 goals scored or assisted by Krejci
3/15 goals scored or assisted by Backes
3/15 goals scored for DeBrusk
2/15 goals scored or assisted by JFK
1/15 goals scoerd of assisted by Acciari
2/15 for Cave
1/15 for Moore
1/15 for Donato
1/15 for Kuraly
1/15 for Wagner

Heinens rocking an 11 game pointless streak, believe he's the only forward who hasn't contributed at all since the Bergeron injury.

In reality it's kind of only Pastrnak who's pulling his weight offensively, one guy is scoring at a decent rate, everyone else is cold as ice.

Good post and very scary stuff...

Fatmancryin

Nov 12, 2018
The question is does management see what every Bruin fan sees?

I honestly don’t think they do..I think they think their fine as is and that is a major problem.

It’s time to make a decision either make this team better or tank it.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Kuraly and Acciari should visit the press-box.

Kuraly just hasn't had it this year, last year he was a least creating scoring chances and causing turnovers and havoc with his speed,not so much this year. Acciari has hands of stone and seems like he's thinking way too much when the pucks on his stick.

Not a big fan of cave between Marchy and Pasta, Id either move krejci up with them or give JFK another shot, he looked good last night. Id even give Backes a shot,he may not have the best wheels but he's defensively responsible,can work the boards down low,he can also be a net front presence and has a high hockey IQ.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
The guys played hard, can't fault them there - shot themselves in the foot with a couple mistakes in the third.

Sweeney has to bring in reinforcements up front soon.

Reactions: ap3lovr

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
The guys played hard, can't fault them there - shot themselves in the foot with a couple mistakes in the third.

Sweeney has to bring in reinforcements up front soon.
The sooner the better. We only have 1 forward out with injury right now. There will be a point when 3 or 4 are down with injury. How bad does this team look then?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Cave had his best game since the first game he moved up to line 1. He still dumps the puck way to often and at times when there is no pressure. I can’t wait to see him, Kuraly, JFK and others are contending for 3C and 4C minutes.
For now, Krejci needs to have two top wings. I would put him with Marchie and Pasta. I would be fine with one and DeBrusk. Cave is limiting these players.
One more note. Until we get new blood in this lineup beyond the healthy forwards that started this season I would keep Nordstrom in a 2nd line spot. His chemistry with DeBrusk lengthens the lineup in a way that is desperately needed.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
The sooner the better. We only have 1 forward out with injury right now. There will be a point when 3 or 4 are down with injury. How bad does this team look then?

Exactly, as soon as Bergeron comes back you know Krejci will miss a bit of time.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
at what point do we mention the coaching? i like butch, but there is zero offensive cohesion. i still blame the players, but i feel like the coaching has gotten a free pass lately.. if something is not working tweak your system.. not just random line changes throughout every game.. their offensive style needs to change.. i cant tell you that last time we had a legit scoring threat in the middle of the slot.. all wall play (which we have guys that cant win) slappers from the blue line ( which we obviously cant get to the net) or giveaway after giveaway of guys hanging onto the pucks.. i cringe everytime marchand gets the puck lately because i know hes going to attempt a spin cycle or deke through three defenders and lose the puck.. system has to be tweaked.

Reactions: Tampbear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad