Post-Game Talk: GAME 28 - The effort was there but...... Tampa 3 BRUINS 2 FINAL

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
one thing that pisses me off is I watch guys like Cirelli and Joseph not only making plays but trying to be a presence physically with a motor that goes 110 mph while guys like JFK and Donato just drift around and have questionable effort some shirts. Annoying.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, that's right. Never mind then. I would guess that is a big reason why he hasn't been sent down. Too bad, he needs something to get him going.
Won`t disagree, I dunno, I`m a Heinen guy, needs a puck to go in off his a**, leg, elbow to give him a boost

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Won`t disagree, I dunno, I`m a Heinen guy, needs a puck to go in off his a**, leg, elbow to give him a boost

Yes, just a dirty, greasy, ugly goal, preferably two. The odds say it should happen, the guys has been around the net a lot, hit posts, near misses, flubbed shots. What bothers me is I still have visions of Jimmy Hayes breaking his drought and miming throwing the monkey of his back in his celly only to have it climb right back on o_O

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yes, just a dirty, greasy, ugly goal, preferably two. The odds say it should happen, the guys has been around the net a lot, hit posts, near misses, flubbed shots. What bothers me is I still have visions of Jimmy Hayes breaking his drought and miming throwing the monkey of his back in his celly only to have it climb right back on o_O

yeah but the difference with Jimmy is he was useless covering all 200 ft of the ice whereas Heinen isn`t

Reactions: Dr Hook

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
How do you want to win a game with Cave centering the 1st line, Nordstrom on the 2nd and Acciari in the lineup? And against the best team in the league...

Too many no hands grinders in this lineup.

Wake up Cassidy!

Marchand-JFK-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Senyshyn
Heinen-Frederic-Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Smith

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How do you want to win a game with Cave centering the 1st line, Nordstrom on the 2nd and Acciari in the lineup? And against the best team in the league...

Too many no hands grinders in this lineup.

Wake up Cassidy!

Marchand-JFK-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Senyshyn
Heinen-Frederic-Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Smith

This is why we need hockey minds to run the Bruins. They're clueless, outmatched and in over their heads. Last wildcard spot and falling fast.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is why we need hockey minds to run the Bruins. They're clueless, outmatched and in over their heads. Last wildcard spot and falling fast.

52 games left....time isn`t running out. Is it time for a change in the lineup? Yep, need a willing dance partner and a player(s) who is/are clear upgrades to what they have, not so sure there is a dance partner out there right now

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Any player can be traded, let’s be honest. However it would have to take a impressive package to get Krug. Now Grizz on the other hand, TSN is reporting that the Ducks are looking to make a move for a third pairing LD. The Bruins could definitely package Grizz and others to maybe get a RW for Krejci.

A third pairing D is going to net you a top 6 winger? What are the add ons to that package?

I also think, given his age and skills, I’m not giving up Griz for a so so forward. He’s an underrated asset when it comes to breaking out of his own zone.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Eh-
I think he would do better than Cave
No, he cannot keep up to the pace of the game, heck he is not even the 4th line center. People need to stop living in 2010 when he was actually worth his salary. The center can do all they want but Marshy and Pasta gotta start playing like they did with Riley Nash who was better then Backes.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
52 games left....time isn`t running out. Is it time for a change in the lineup? Yep, need a willing dance partner and a player(s) who is/are clear upgrades to what they have, not so sure there is a dance partner out there right now

Wildcard is the only hope. You see this roster catching TB Toronto and Buffalo? I would not bet on it. They are free falling right now

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
The state of the team is pretty sad right now, honestly. When you're upgrading the guy playing 1st line C with a guy who's cooked. Yikes.

He is cooked. But I feel he would be able to create a little more room for guys like Marchand and Pasta. Plus he at least goes to the net.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
That is why we signed Backes to be an impact center man but he faded fast. There is an outside chance Bergy could be done for the year. So maybe they are waiting to see of he needs surgery or not. If he does well then tank for Hughes. No way we replace him all year, thought Krech would be the guy to take over the top line but he is not. Better hope Bergy can avoid surgery, he is the only hope.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wildcard is the only hope. You see this roster catching TB Toronto and Buffalo? I would not bet on it. They are free falling right now

Leafs no, Sabres, I`ll bet you will not be in the playoff picture , lost 4 straight.

I`ll say it here and now, the Bruins will be fine, this sucks right now and this team is impossible to watch they are so boring but I watched this same scenario play out last year, gonna stick to my guns and say they will be ok

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That is why we signed Backes to be an impact center man but he faded fast. There is an outside chance Bergy could be done for the year. So maybe they are waiting to see of he needs surgery or not. If he does well then tank for Hughes. No way we replace him all year, thought Krech would be the guy to take over the top line but he is not.
not sure Backes even in his prime was an "impact player". I think he`s a guy who was regarded as an excellent player in a league that, at that time, didn`t flow as it does now so he didn`t look to be too far behind the speed of the game.

Injuries, health setbacks and concussions have he and his game virtually useless now with the odd game here and there where he looks good

Reactions: FanSince72

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Leafs no, Sabres, I`ll bet you will not be in the playoff picture , lost 4 straight.

I`ll say it here and now, the Bruins will be fine, this sucks right now and this team is impossible to watch they are so boring but I watched this same scenario play out last year, gonna stick to my guns and say they will be ok
I wouldn't mind the wildcard spot. I don't wanna play a leafs team that are looking for sweet revenge after 2 playoff failures against us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad