Post-Game Talk: GAME 28 - The effort was there but...... Tampa 3 BRUINS 2 FINAL

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
That’s just not true in my eyes.

He’s given loads of PP time which helps the stats. As far as outlet passes and creating rushes Grizz and Moore are around equal IMO. And better defensively.

If Krug was fined for all of his long passes through the neutral zone that didn’t connect, he would paying to be on this team.

I’m going overboard, and I’ve historically defended Krug to no end, but I don’t think he should have as much comfort in the D core as he does. Especially when you’re up against a team that will require a strong defensive effort in Tampa.
He leads all dmen in points, only McAvoy has more points at even strength, he has six, Grizz and Krug have four. Krug has 12 points total in 17 games, hate to give that up, he is a better all around dman than Grizz, Moore may have him beat defensively but that is it. If they are going to move a dman it has to be Grizz or Miller, those are your 6/7 dmen when everyone is healthy.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I am not sure they are slow to react. I think they just had too much faith in the young guys this offseason all progressing and being ready for full time NHL.

Very few FO’s in this situation would have started doing anything overly meaningful this early. Look at the other moves being made around the league. There’s nothing groundbreaking going on and we are certainly not the only team struggling.

FO hasn’t been perfect, but I’d rather give DS another year or two before cutting him loose. L

No way.You give him till deadline and see how team plays rest of the way after.Bruins cannot afford to be wrong 2 years down the road facing 4 year rebuids.

Reactions: lopey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He leads all dmen in points, only McAvoy has more points at even strength, he has six, Grizz and Krug have four. Krug has 12 points total in 17 games, hate to give that up, he is a better all around dman than Grizz, Moore may have him beat defensively but that is it. If they are going to move a dman it has to be Grizz or Miller, those are your 6/7 dmen when everyone is healthy.

What are they going to fetch Bruins?Not what they need that is for sure .

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Are we talking anout the same game? The game I watched tonight had the B’s playing Tampa Bay, who is probably the best team in the NHL.
Yes we are, but when a defenceman makes a bad pass, the winger has to come and get the puck instead of waiting for it to get there , DeBrusk did not bail out Carlo out - 2-1 down.And on the PP , the last guy back has to make sure the puck gets deep! Marchand on the PP into the
Pads for a shortie and you say oh well it's the Lightening who are the best in the league - well the Bruins would probably be one of the best in the league if teams played like that against us!

Reactions: FanSince72

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
What are they going to fetch Bruins?Not what they need that is for sure .
You are likely correct, that’s why I wouldn’t move any dman on the roster, when all healthy send Kampher to providence. But they do have some young guys and draft picks that would get a decent return, they need to act now, but doubt they do.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Give Krejci someone. - please. (I know, I know, people whom hate this excuse) - but the guy is all kind's of great this year and this team really needs to find him another line mate.
I'm a big DeBrusk fan but even I can admit that at this moment he should be the third shoe.

Reactions: easton117

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Don't agree with this at all! Grizz is a better D Zone player than Krug and only lacks the WOW shot to completely make Krug redundant!

Yeah, I took some flack last year for suggesting that IMO Grizz has more potential than Krug in the future.

Krug might get his act together yet, but right now he looks terrible and has been on the ice for most of the goals given up by the B's the last 2 games

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Don't agree with this at all! Grizz is a better D Zone player than Krug and only lacks the WOW shot to completely make Krug redundant!
Grizz will never make Krug redundant, the only area they are similar is size, you just don’t give up a sixty point dman, regardless of his warts.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Give Krejci someone. - please. (I know, I know, people whom hate this excuse) - but the guy is all kind's of great this year and this team really needs to find him another line mate.
I'm a big DeBrusk fan but even I can admit that at this moment he should be the third shoe.
Rick Nash ? It’s been said a million times but the Bruins need a winger for Krejci . I actually liked the way JFK and Cave played tonight so wouldn’t have a problem with either one as the 3C for a little while anyway .

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Whats sad vs Tampa or even Florida .... is that when they really want to try, the Bruins look like boys on the ice

Tampa didn't even play that hard tonight. 2nd period Bruins tried but Tampa was never in any real danger. Everything sealed near the net

In the third period they decided to try for the first 5-7 min , scored 2 goals ....went back to team D mode and that was all she wrote

this is an even worse/helpless feeling than the actual loss

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Grizz will never make Krug redundant, the only area they are similar is size, you just don’t give up a sixty point dman, regardless of his warts.

At least he can play D. Krug is officially the worst defending defensive men in the league

I doubt he will be with the team after this season

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The elite teams came into the season with solid rosters in place and not needing to make a trade. The Bs did not enter the season an elite team. Even if a couple of the young guys didn't slump this season the Bs were still not going to contend for a Cup.

Kind of seems like a waste of time to watch a team you know isn't even going to contend for a Cup, no?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Pretty sure you can pay someone like, 2 million per year to shoot 0.00% and act as a human turnstile. Less than that if you just want someone to stare at the rafters after you get scored on again.

He’s a defenceman that can’t play defence. And Sweeney has been stockpiling his replacements for several years now.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Pretty sure you can pay someone like, 2 million per year to shoot 0.00% and act as a human turnstile. Less than that if you just want someone to stare at the rafters after you get scored on again.

He’s a defenceman that can’t play defence. And Sweeney has been stockpiling his replacements for several years now.
People talking like this are really funny. He is an average defensive dman, and his goals will come, he is just getting back from injury. If Sweeney has been stockpiling his replacement, he should tell Cassidy where he is hiding them, they would come in handy right about now.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Sorry, but an “all kinds of great” player making $7.25 million per year should be able to do a whole lot more than he’s doing, good linemates or not. Great playoff performer but not good during season. We should definitely try to trade him to a west coast cup contender if at all possible. I hope he would agree to that.

Reactions: FanSince72

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

So possibly packaging Krug in as part of a trade is “just giving up” a guy? Are you even interested as to what we could possibly get back?

You’re admitting the guy has faults and you don’t even want to explore the possibility of what he can get back? As you said “60 point defenseman”. Guy may have plenty of value. If we’re going for it anytime soon, I would think he could be a big piece in getting something pretty legit back on forward. Of course, it has to be “the right deal”, but I really don’t think Krug should be thought of as someone we can’t let go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad