GDT: Game 28 | Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers | 9:30 PM EST | FS-D

RedWingsNow*

Yeah, me seeing things differently than you is lying. I could say the same thing about you.

LOL
You know Kronwall sucked tonight.
There's a reason why the broke up Ericsson//Kronwall -- and it wasn't to protect Kindl/Lashoff

it was to protect our "top pairing" who got burned continually until we separated them to start the third period.

RedWingsNow*

You said that Kronwall let the defenseman score on himself for Kronwall's other point... not sure what 55 could have down to prevent the own-goal there.

What I am saying is that Kronwall's POINT wasn't a product of skill. It was a fluke.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Abdelkader has some of the worst vision I've ever seen. There were two or three times where he received a pass with space in the ozone, immediately put his head down and attempted to cycle by himself when he had passing lanes. He's not bad at playing in the gritty areas and can win some battles, but he is absolutely clueless when he has the puck on his stick. That's why he has so little tangible output.

Well, if he had vision, he wouldn't be a 3rd/4th line agitator, would he? He is what he is. Useful in some areas, not so good in others.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
What were the lines to finish the game tonight?

Flip - Zetterberg - Brunner
Franzen - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Nyquist - Andersson - Cleary
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Trying to do tomorrows GDT and I can't remember if Nyquist finished on line 2 or 3.

RedWingsNow*

What were the lines to finish the game tonight?

Nyquist - Andersson - Cleary

Trying to do tomorrows GDT and I can't remember if Nyquist finished on line 2 or 3.
I'd also appreciate it if anyone who saw the post game can let me know if Quincey is out for tomorrow's game.

Cleary - Andersson - Nyquist

Also, the D to finish was

Kronwall Lashoff
Ericsson Kindl
Quincey Smith

And then Quincey got hurt

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Cleary - Andersson - Nyquist

Also, the D to finish was

Kronwall Lashoff
Ericsson Kindl
Quincey Smith

And then Quincey got hurt

Thanks,

I'm going to assume White plays for Quincey, and hopefully the pairs wont get messed up.

I won't be around to fix the GDT tomorrow and I will miss the game too as I'm off to Montreal for UFC 158.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
What I am saying is that Kronwall's POINT wasn't a product of skill. It was a fluke.

Oh. Can't argue with that. Petry did pull off a total Bouillon snipe job, though- picked the top corner like a freaking champ.

I know the Wings carried the 3rd period, but between Flip's no-look backhand goal (seriously, he was staring at the puck/ice the entire time until his follow-through) and the Edmonton own goal, they had to feel fortunate to get that one to overtime.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
LOL
You know Kronwall sucked tonight.
There's a reason why the broke up Ericsson//Kronwall -- and it wasn't to protect Kindl/Lashoff

it was to protect our "top pairing" who got burned continually until we separated them to start the third period.

Without Kronwall, there is no comeback tonight whether or not it was a fluke goal.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Well, if he had vision, he wouldn't be a 3rd/4th line agitator, would he? He is what he is. Useful in some areas, not so good in others.

I'm not expecting him to be Joe Thornton out there, but my goodness he literally puts his head down as soon as he gets the puck. Twice tonight he had open lanes in the offensive zone, but didn't even look.

RedWingsNow*

Missed the game tonight. How did they look?

Not good. Pretty good in the second half. But overall, it was a weak effort.
Datsyuk was working hard all game but had nothing to show for it until the OT winner.

Overall, it was a tiring game to watch.

RedWingsNow*

Not good on Datsyuk's line. Whatsoever.

And virtually everyone except Babcock knows this/

It was also very, very odd to see Abdelkader out there in overtime.

I don't see why we need more than three lines in OT

Z-Brunner
Datsyuk-Franzen
Flip-Whoever (Nyquist or someone with a little bit of skill)

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Last game: Play good for two periods, forget to play the 3rd. This game: Don't bother to show up for two periods, come to play in the 3rd.

My favorite part of the game by far though was when Abdelkader was getting double shifted with Tootoo out after fighting.
when it was still 0-2 in 3rd period, i was thinking datsyuk and zetterberg are just too banged up or don't have the energy or whatever to play at a high level. they have not been close to their usual standard of play. rest of the team are not especially talented and generally do not carry the play.

i was very much doubting they would make the playoffs. but they were a lot better after that, and gave some reasons to hope. they will have to play harder and more aggressively to make the playoffs. they also need to control the puck more instead of chasing it, which is probably wearing them down.

i don't think they will make the playoffs if datsyuk and zetterberg do not return to a high level of play. now they both usually look fairly mediocre and seem to lack "jump." datsyuk seems to be sluggish most of the time. he was more lively in this game, but not at his best.

holland should recall tatar. his energetic play and offensive mentality is really missed. would also help the PP.

They like their techno up there in Edmonton.:sarcasm:
datsyuk probably enjoys it.

photo-thumb-15117.jpg

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
watching the encore showing of the game on Fox sports.

Quincey is clueless offensively. Datsyuk is cycling with him up top and Quincey just stands there and misses it.

Also, Z was working hard tonight. Very noticeably IMO.

And I'd rather have Smith on Datsyuk's wing than Abby

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Thought the Kronwall-Ericsson pairing was terrible tonight in our end.

Interesting to me that Kindl played 21:37 tonight. Quite a bit more than Smith's 17 mins and Lashoff's 14 min.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Thought it was interesting that Mickey said Datsyuk likes playing with (someone like) Abby who keeps the puck in the zone and creates space for him.

Well what about the fact that if he actually gets him the puck he isn't going to score?
Or does Datsyuk just want someone to help him play keep-away in the zone without anyone actually ever shooting or scoring?

:laugh:

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Just finished watching the game. Man if only Datsyuk would give a little effort he could move off that 4th line.

I was pissed when Probert left, sad when Stevie called it a career, understood Nick hanging them up, I think I will cry like a little baby when I'm no longer able to watch the show he puts on. I always loved Pavel but I think after that game he just jumped to my favorite Wing of all time.

That's it. number one.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada

Interesting to me that Kindl played 21:37 tonight. Quite a bit more than Smith's 17 mins and Lashoff's 14 min.

Makes sense since he's the better player right now out of the three.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

According to the new GDT he's also the +/- leader. He's got a few points under his belt, he looks good out there and now he's eating some bigger minutes.

I like the kid. He should have been up last year full time.
Hopefully those minutes are a sign of things to come and hopefully he continues to play well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad