GDT: Game 28 | Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers | 9:30 PM EST | FS-D

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
According to the new GDT he's also the +/- leader. He's got a few points under his belt, he looks good out there and now he's eating some bigger minutes.

I like the kid. He should have been up last year full time.
Hopefully those minutes are a sign of things to come and hopefully he continues to play well.

I think the minutes come with merit. Just still surprising to me to actually see Babcock play him that many minutes in a game, given their history.

Part of me wonders if they are show-casing him. I hope that's not the case.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think the minutes come with merit. Just still surprising to me to actually see Babcock play him that many minutes in a game, given their history.

Part of me wonders if they are show-casing him. I hope that's not the case.

I don't think it can be denied that favorites are played and that Kindl was no favorite. Q played terrrrible last year and at the start of this year. He was never in danger of being scratched. E made just as many terrible mistakes in his first couple years as Kindl has ever done, but he was a mainstay as well.

It's just not a very consistent treatment of players.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
LOL
You know Kronwall sucked tonight.
There's a reason why the broke up Ericsson//Kronwall -- and it wasn't to protect Kindl/Lashoff

it was to protect our "top pairing" who got burned continually until we separated them to start the third period.
I did not watch the game. What happened?
I thought Helm as supposed to be back during this road trip?
That would be awesome.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Nyquist was fourth among forwards in even strength ice time (behind D, Z and Franzen).

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Another road game where the points come purely with just a good luck.

Without that own goal from Petry that would have been 0 point night.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Nyquist needs to move he's legs more.

Damn, Hall looked great, have to mention that.

I'm really starting to like Kindl's play.

Z needs to cut those turnovers and giveaways. Kronner.. dear god what D. Ryan ****ing Smyth is dangling you.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Another road game where the points come purely with just a good luck.

Without that own goal from Petry that would have been 0 point night.

You create your own luck ;)

I'm geniunely worried about this team when/if Pavel leaves next season.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
They won but I can't really enjoy the victory, they will most likely lose against vancouver on this back-to-back, you can't make playoffs playing .500 hockey

They have kind of dug themselves too big of a whole for me to want them to go .500 or near that...

Worst case scenario they miss the playoffs by the smallest margin and ends up with the 14th overall pick, instead of either putting on a run and win games IN A ROW to gain ground, no 3 pts games, win in REGULATION... or just tank it to secure a really high end player in June.

RedWingsNow*

watching the encore showing of the game on Fox sports.

Quincey is clueless offensively. Datsyuk is cycling with him up top and Quincey just stands there and misses it.

Also, Z was working hard tonight. Very noticeably IMO.

And I'd rather have Smith on Datsyuk's wing than Abby

There were a couple times when Datsyuk went to give him the puck and Quincey was turned around, facing the opposite boards for some unknown reason

RedWingsNow*

How dare Babcock not play him more! This is bs!

Glad to see Nyquist getting icetime.

But it still points to how stupid Babcock is.

Tomas Tatar -- at this moment -- is a better NHLer, more dangerous, and more of what the Wings need (someone who shoots),

And he got two shifts with the Datsyuk line, and no overtime icetime.

RedWingsNow*

You create your own luck ;)

I'm geniunely worried about this team when/if Pavel leaves next season.

Pavel's getting older.

It sure seems like he has to work harder for goals (especially with Babcock's line selection)

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
According to the new GDT he's also the +/- leader. He's got a few points under his belt, he looks good out there and now he's eating some bigger minutes.

I like the kid. He should have been up last year full time.
Hopefully those minutes are a sign of things to come and hopefully he continues to play well.

I've obviously been critical but he had a good game last night. Was physical in his own end and was good at getting the offense going in Edmonton's end of the ice. Ericsson's clearly our #1 and I think Babs did the same thing with Kindl that he'd do with Hudler when we were losing: increase his ice time to try to score. We really do not have a good offensive defenseman. White is supposed to be one but he's scratched unless there are injuries or someone has a crap game. Cola is injured all the time. Kronwall is brutal at playing defense. Smith has generated no offense thus far. Kindl will never get a better opportunity than he's getting this season.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
They won but I can't really enjoy the victory

People will say "typical mindfly. Always negative."

But Babcock essentially said the same thing about the win against the Oiler's. He didn't feel good about it. He said that the way they played isn't a recipe for success.

That's the difference between some fans. The simple ones are happy with a win, as though a season isn't 82 (48) games long, and the playoffs aren't four consecutive best of seven series. If you want the ultimate prize, you have to win right, because luck isn't going to carry you to victory. To be satisfied with a lucky win against a bad team is to be satisfied with being a loser.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Riiigght...because he hadn't scored? Sure, bro whatever you say....:)

he just didn't seem to be engaged. giving the puck up more than usual, not being as physical as he usually is. didn't really have any dominating shifts. almost looked like he was disinterested.

don't get me wrong, he was still playing decent, just not up to his usual standards that we all know he is capable of playing to.

last night he got it going again though. datsyuk is going have to play up to that level from here on out or the wings won't make the playoffs imo unless zetterberg drastically steps his game up and i don't see that happening

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
They won but I can't really enjoy the victory, they will most likely lose against vancouver on this back-to-back, you can't make playoffs playing .500 hockey

They have kind of dug themselves too big of a whole for me to want them to go .500 or near that...

Worst case scenario they miss the playoffs by the smallest margin and ends up with the 14th overall pick, instead of either putting on a run and win games IN A ROW to gain ground, no 3 pts games, win in REGULATION... or just tank it to secure a really high end player in June.

You never enjoy victory. You hate victory, because they aren't losing so you can complain about them.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I've obviously been critical but he had a good game last night. Was physical in his own end and was good at getting the offense going in Edmonton's end of the ice. Ericsson's clearly our #1 and I think Babs did the same thing with Kindl that he'd do with Hudler when we were losing: increase his ice time to try to score. We really do not have a good offensive defenseman. White is supposed to be one but he's scratched unless there are injuries or someone has a crap game. Cola is injured all the time. Kronwall is brutal at playing defense. Smith has generated no offense thus far. Kindl will never get a better opportunity than he's getting this season.

This has really blown my mind, and quite honestly I expected a lot more from him this season. Though I'm not ready to give up on him by any means.

I will say I have seen numerous times where he has made nice offesnive plays this year that didn't result in a goal or assist due to some bad luck. He's not playing as good as he could, but he's not catching any breaks either.

As The Zetterberg Era eluded to, I really think he tried to put on too much weight for this season. Doesn't look quite as mobile as he did last year. I'm hoping next season he really breaks out.

RedWingsNow*

Our top 2 prospects, in most circles, were Smith and Nyquist.

Right now, I don't see great potential in either.

Nyquist makes those 20 year old Oiler kids look like Todd Bertuzzi... unbelievable how easily he's moved off the puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad