GDT: Game 28 | Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers | 9:30 PM EST | FS-D

RedWingsNow*

Not a chance.

Yeah. Kronwall gets all kinds of points for sucking defensively on both goals against...

And then doing NOTHING for one assist and letting the defenseman scored on himself for the other point

Kindl's slappers today caused several scoring chances. He's skating the puck out of the zone with confidence. He's holding the line

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Petri
Szalka_petriego.jpg
:laugh:

I Lol'd hard.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Called it.

Of course the ONLY goal Datsyuk has scored in the past 12 games is...one where neither Abdelkader or Cleary are his linemates. :)

No kidding... Pavel has had a much harder time shaking Cleary and/or Abs then any of the top D-men he faces every night. But he just kept his head down, powered through, waited for Babcock to forget to send 11 or 8 out with him, and there's your game winner... that's all there is to it. :nod:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Yeah. Kronwall gets all kinds of points for sucking defensively on both goals against...

And then doing NOTHING for one assist and letting the defenseman scored on himself for the other point

Kindl's slappers today caused several scoring chances. He's skating the puck out of the zone with confidence. He's holding the line

Kronwall must be the luckiest guy in the NHL doing nothing and putting up all of these points on an offensively challenged team. Kindl had some nice shifts, but he continues to make extremely weak plays killing offensive zone chances and barely escaping back breaking turnovers.

Hard to blame the defense on the weak goals Howard gave up.

RedWingsNow*

Kronwall must be the luckiest guy in the NHL doing nothing and putting up all of these points on an offensively challenged team. Kindl had some nice shifts, but he continues to make extremely weak plays killing offensive zone chances and barely escaping back breaking turnovers.

Hard to blame the defense on the weak goals Howard gave up.

No, it's not hard to blame the defense for those weak goals. Because it was also weak defense.

You're downright lying about Kindl's "extremely weak plays" killing offensive zone.
But that's no surprise.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

Not sure here, but it would seem to be asking a lot of Kronwall to fire the slap shot from just inside the blue line, then charge the net in time to pull off the Pavel stick-lift on Petry, steal the puck and then beat the goalie himself.

But I've never played defenseman, so I could be way off.

RedWingsNow*

No kidding... Pavel has had a much harder time shaking Cleary and/or Abs then any of the top D-men he faces every night. But he just kept his head down, powered through, waited for Babcock to forget to send 11 or 8 out with him, and there's your game winner... that's all there is to it. :nod:

Abs is so useless out there. Pavel will be on the left wing side of the net. Abs is battling one on one on the boards... All the D has to do is try to keep the play going to the right side.

And it works very freakin' time.

It's child's play

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That goal was brought to you courtesy of fin9.

:laugh: Indeed.

may i add that brett hill great hockey player. lidstrom too. but pasha!!! dat man god with his beer hands DAMN son that man can light the crowd with hands.
god said let thjere be light and pasha said ´´gimme two fiddy and i will give it´´
god give 2.50 and.. BOOM lights and red wings win !! pasha score

RedWingsNow*

Not sure here, but it would seem to be asking a lot of Kronwall to fire the slap shot from just inside the blue line, then charge the net in time to pull off the Pavel stick-lift on Petry, steal the puck and then beat the goalie himself.

But I've never played defenseman, so I could be way off.

No clue what you're talking about.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
No, it's not hard to blame the defense for those weak goals. Because it was also weak defense.

You're downright lying about Kindl's "extremely weak plays" killing offensive zone.
But that's no surprise.

Yeah, me seeing things differently than you is lying. I could say the same thing about you.

Fine young man

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
www.hockeyiq.com
One thing I've noticed about Kindl's play is that he's way too eager to shoot the puck any chance he gets. Not always a bad thing but it sort of seems like he's trying too hard to get points without being patient enough.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Right before the OT goal I was yelling out loud questioning why Datsyuk had yet to touch the puck outside of the defensive zone in OT. It was driving me nuts. It was reminiscent of when he played with Hossa. Getting Datsyuk the puck in the neutral zone when he gains speed is huge. Finally Franzen delayed and made a good play to get him the puck and the game was over.

Smith had another tough game.

Abdelkader has some of the worst vision I've ever seen. There were two or three times where he received a pass with space in the ozone, immediately put his head down and attempted to cycle by himself when he had passing lanes. He's not bad at playing in the gritty areas and can win some battles, but he is absolutely clueless when he has the puck on his stick. That's why he has so little tangible output.

I found it interesting that Babcock gave Nyquist an OT shift when he wouldn't let Tatar on the ice anytime after the 10min mark of the 3rd period or at all in OT.

Kronwall creates offense, but he and E were again on the ice for goals against. Z's line for one as well. Our top guys have to stop getting scored on so much.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
One thing I've noticed about Kindl's play is that he's way too eager to shoot the puck any chance he gets. Not always a bad thing but it sort of seems like he's trying too hard to get points without being patient enough.

That says it all. But you can hardly blame him with this team's inability to score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad