Pre-Game Talk: Game 23 - THE BEAR visits Uniondale one last time...(unless) - 3/9 - 7:07 PM - NESN, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Glad DeBrusk is apparently a scratch, but now Studnicka is back on the wing. Ick.
Unless he was putting the puck in the net Studnicka was going to be hard pressed to hold a spot at center given the current lineup . Hopefully Kuraly had his wake up call and gets his motor going . I would flip Smith and Studnicka but Bruce knows better than me . Bruins bounce back and win 3-1 .

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
We lose a game to NJD and now I'm really seeing post about missing the playoffs :eek:

We have a 3rd best P% in the division with games in hand on WSH, NYI, PIT, NYR and BUF. We haven't even played the worst team in our division yet, meanwhile all the other teams have played the following games vs Buffalo:

WSH: 5 games
NJD: 5 games
PHI: 4 games
NYR: 3 games
NYI: 3 games
PIT: 0 games

Going into the year WSH, PHI, PIT and NYI were all teams that we're expected to be contenders this year. Just going by P% in the NHL those 4 teams rank...

NYI - 6th
WSH - 7th
PHI - 12th
PIT - 15th

So far this year Boston has played 68% of its game against these 4 teams. Basically right now for every 3 games we play against these 4 teams, we get one game vs NJD or NYR (obviously haven't played BUF yet). We're missing half our top 4 defense, all 3 of our key PK d-men and secondary scoring is still a problem....yet were 8th in the NHL in P% and 7th in Goal Diff.

With how the Bruins play against inferior system teams (NYI - good, hardworking, but not as good as the Bruins. NJ. NYR.)

Can we be so confident Buffalo games are free points?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He needs to sit for a game or two. Part of itv is that he’s snakebitten but he has not been good enough. He’s been given way more chances with way more responsibility than he’s deserved and needs to earn it back.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
With how the Bruins play against inferior system teams (NYI - good, hardworking, but not as good as the Bruins. NJ. NYR.)

Can we be so confident Buffalo games are free points?
Probably not and it definitely seems to be a trend with the Bruins but to be fair that game against Washington was a real “ empty the tank “ kind of game . Not surprising they came out flat against New Jersey . I was all for inserting as many new faces into the lineup against New Jersey as you knew a letdown was coming .

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Kuralys last shot perhaps? If he doesn't show some real effort tonight then it's over for him. Hopefully the games off woke him up.

Debrusk needed to sit. Way to lackadaisical out there.

At what point do they give Seny a shot?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think the Bruins overestimated what Smith would bring. He is a good, hardworking 3rd liner but he isn't going to score 20-25 pace at this rate.

Richie on the other hand is by far going above and beyond.
We as fans have to temper our expectations for guys who are moving to a new team for the first time. By now we should know to be patient given how bad Coyle/Ritchie looked at first here. Not many guys click instantly in new environments. He is consistently a 20 goal guy, the effort is there and as he gets comfortable with the system and teammates he will start to score.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
I can't believe Kuraly is back in the line up :facepalm:
What should Cassidy do then? He was scratched for the past 2 games. May as well put him back in to see if it sparked him. He has been a good player, especially in the playoffs, for the team. He had his turn upstairs, now it’s debrusk’s turn to watch. Should he have just rolled out the same lineup after that amazing effort against New Jersey?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
He needs to sit for a game or two. Part of itv is that he’s snakebitten but he has not been good enough. He’s been given way more chances with way more responsibility than he’s deserved and needs to earn it back.
If you continue to work hard, and not take multiple shifts and games off, the snake bitten thing works itself out. Completely agree he has been given more chances than he deserves. I wonder if at this point it is just showcasing him for a trade and with this scratch if they are close to moving him or he has killed his trade value.

Studnicka should have a few goals by now, he has hit posts, had pucks slide through the crease barely missing going in but he continues to work hard and will start to score.

JDB has regressed every year since his concussion, inconsistent is one thing, not working hard is another. It's past time to move DeBrusk and get whatever they can for him. Detroit, Nashville and maybe Vancouver would take a chance on him.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What should Cassidy do then? He was scratched for the past 2 games. May as well put him back in to see if it sparked him. He has been a good player, especially in the playoffs, for the team. He had his turn upstairs, now it’s debrusk’s turn to watch. Should he have just rolled out the same lineup after that amazing effort against New Jersey?
They have a taxi squad and should use it. Try Senyshyn with Studnicka and Bjork. Tons of speed on the wings and all of them work hard.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011

He definitely deserves it at this point. His struggles are absolutely tied to his effort and it's plain as day to see. He can put together a great game like he did when he came back from injury or when they got fired up against the Caps last week but then he goes right back to floating around when he loses the motivation. If he wants to stay in the lineup, or even in the league, he's going to need to bring it every shift, he can't just show up when he feels like it.

They've got 8 games against Buffalo coming up, they're going to need to find some discipline and take those games seriously. Not just DeBrusk but the team as a whole suffers from complacency. It's about time Cassidy starts calling it out when he sees it.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I can't believe Kuraly is back in the line up :facepalm:
I hear ya... This is the lineup in my head.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Krejci
Ritchie Coyle Smith
Frederic Studnika Senyshyn
Bjork

How many years dealing with wingers for the second line. Do t matter how many times you shuffle the deck, it's still the same deck of cards. Kase, Kuhlman, Blidh, Wagner, Kuraly and Debrusk can all go kick rocks.

Reactions: BMC

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I heard Idiot Freidman yesterday on the radio saying the Carlo hit was not bad. If it was not Wilson it would not even be talked about. Guy is such a leaf suck up, he rarely gives ant props to the Bruins, unless they beat someone 7-1. He feels the Caps have a point and it was not a head shot and NHL basically got it wrong and the refs on the ice got it right. This is my seeing blood interpretation of what he said. He was careful to dance around it but sided with the Caps 100%.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

lrrYYa.gif

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I heard Idiot Freidman yesterday on the radio saying the Carlo hit was not bad. If it was not Wilson it would not even be talked about. Guy is such a leaf suck up, he rarely gives ant props to the Bruins, unless they beat someone 7-1. He feels the Caps have a point and it was not a head shot and NHL basically got it wrong and the refs on the ice got it right. This is my seeing blood interpretation of what he said. He was careful to dance around it but sided with the Caps 100%.
Well Freidman should go out on the ice and get hit like that and then see what he thinks, that's if he is not in a coma!. Typical for a tool like him to downplay Carlo's injury, if the hit wasn't so bad, what the hell was Carlo doing in the hospital?. Smh!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad