Pre-Game Talk: Game 23 - THE BEAR visits Uniondale one last time...(unless) - 3/9 - 7:07 PM - NESN, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I feel like this team is super reactionary. Washington kind of pokes the Bruins, and lately they've played pretty decent against them...

I feel like this team needs to be pushed to bring intensity, i don't think they go out and create it by themselves enough.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Not good that other than Buf and NJ, who are both pretty awful, the Bs are trending worse than everyone else in the division over their last 10 games. 6 teams in a dog fight for 4 playoff spots in the East. Bs need to beat the good teams to make up for losses against the more mediocre to bad teams. A win tomorrow night would be awesome after the atrocious performance against NJ.

The scheduling format makes things really interesting in that every game has meaning in a division with a good amount of parity. After the NYI game tomorrow, the Bs have 2 against NYR, 2 against Pit, 2 against Buf, then 2 more against NYI. A bad stretch in those 8 games could def put the Bs in a difficult spot.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

If they miss the playoffs there WILL be a massive shakeup and that includes Charlie.

Ownership is distracted right now as the Hub on Causeway has become an albatross that won't be fixed until foot traffic at North Station returns to where it was a year ago. Commuter rail passengers are down 90% and without that traffic the Hub can not sustain itself.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
If they miss the playoffs there WILL be a massive shakeup and that includes Charlie.

Ownership is distracted right now as the Hub on Causeway has become an albatross that won't be fixed until foot traffic at North Station returns to where it was a year ago. Commuter rail passengers are down 90% and without that traffic the Hub can not sustain itself.
You scared me for a second when I first read your post and thought McAvoy

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I’m so sick of playing the Patrick/Metropolitan/Mass Mutual Whatever the f*** corporate sponsor Division.

Yeah, I know the popular opinion is to love these self-contained divisions, but they're starting to wear thin for me. They're completely fine and understandable for a season in the current environment, but no more please. 8 blood feuds against the Capitals is great, but you have to balance that against 8 hard grinds against the likes of the Devils, while with a solid, disciplined, well-structured team like the Islanders 2-3 clashes are good value, but more than that starts to feel like a chore. And there are so many good players that the Bruins don't get to face. Yeah you can still watch them play in their own divs, but there's something particularly nice about seeing the McDavids and MacKinnons of the world match up against your team.

So on balance I definitely prefer the regular system. If they were to tweak it to increase the divisional games to 5 or so and reduce the cross-conference games to 1 a year I could get on board with that, and you can still encourage rivalries by having more inter-divisional home/home brackets or other things like that. But I think it's a better product for the fan and better for the national profile of the league to ensure that all teams continue to meet each other at least once a season.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Prolly another Bruins/Islander bore fest, they gotta start playing better and stop making these goalies look like they are the next Broduer. Wake up Bruins and remember what that "B" stands for on your jersey.

Your another person who underestimates NY. Very hard working team with a good mix of talent upfront.

Barzal is pretty damn fun to watch. Eberly has offensive
skill and Pageau, Nelson and Lee are quality NHL forwards.

Throw in Bailey and Beauvilier and then their 4th line
and I'm not seeing a boring group of forwards.

They don't have a McAvoy on D, but Pulock and Pelech
are a decent D pairing. Varlamov us doing pretty well
in net.

Better team than you think.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
We lose a game to NJD and now I'm really seeing post about missing the playoffs :eek:

We have a 3rd best P% in the division with games in hand on WSH, NYI, PIT, NYR and BUF. We haven't even played the worst team in our division yet, meanwhile all the other teams have played the following games vs Buffalo:

WSH: 5 games
NJD: 5 games
PHI: 4 games
NYR: 3 games
NYI: 3 games
PIT: 0 games

Going into the year WSH, PHI, PIT and NYI were all teams that we're expected to be contenders this year. Just going by P% in the NHL those 4 teams rank...

NYI - 6th
WSH - 7th
PHI - 12th
PIT - 15th

So far this year Boston has played 68% of its game against these 4 teams. Basically right now for every 3 games we play against these 4 teams, we get one game vs NJD or NYR (obviously haven't played BUF yet). We're missing half our top 4 defense, all 3 of our key PK d-men and secondary scoring is still a problem....yet were 8th in the NHL in P% and 7th in Goal Diff.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Is it realistic to think foot traffic there will return to pre-lockdown numbers? One aspect of this entire thing is that people have been forced to re-think when/how they do things and at least some of the changes they have made will be permanent.

Reactions: rfournier103

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Look no matter what anybody says we are no sure fire playoff team. We played New Jersey 4 times but what happened we only managed a shootout win and lord only knows what will transpire with Buffalo. We are missing some defenseman due to injuries but we are not talking the likes of Hedman, Keith or let's say McAvoy. Everybody has injuries and have had Covid issues at some time. The defense and goaltending has been decent almost all of the time.

Bottom line is we are like 25th in GF which is just not good enough. So we played a few less games than most we are still in trouble. Should the Isles score first, Bruins will be in trouble as they will play their heavy checking game. Their 4th line is a true hard nosed unit who chip in offensively and really do what is required.

Going to be a tough 34 games to watch if some additional consistent scoring does not transpire.

They are 4-5-1 in their last 10 and 0 for 12 on the PP in the last 6 games which is not a recipe for success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeroforce and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad