Pre-Game Talk: Game 23 - THE BEAR visits Uniondale one last time...(unless) - 3/9 - 7:07 PM - NESN, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2021-3-8_12-41-39.png

upload_2021-3-8_13-0-0.png

upload_2021-3-8_12-42-50.png

image.jpg

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Agreed the patchwork D has been sufficient. Yesterday the B's not only lacked secondary scoring, they lacked primary scoring. The Isles have been effective neutralizing Boston's top line, so I don't know who steps up.

The PP needs to simplify and stop focusing on the highlight reel goal. And if the entry they want isn't there, dump it in hard then battle/retrieve. Lots of wasted time outside the offensive zone.

Those standings aren't that alarming (yet), but they'd sure look better with the wasted two points from yesterday's throwback Dead Puck Era game against New Jersey.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I liked the energy of our 2nd pp unit than our first the other day.

We get the Islanders 4 times this month. I'd rejoice with even a split.

Fun fact: The Isles are the only team without a fighting major this year.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
It's the same offense that scored 5 goals vs Washington just the other night. IMO it is a mental thing with these guys.
Yup.
Thing is, that fight by Tinordi and Frederic changed everything.
The momentum meter was at "10"!
They used the injury and the fights to a positive.

Reactions: BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It's the same offense that scored 5 goals vs Washington just the other night. IMO it is a mental thing with these guys.
Well if they need to see one of their guys get their skull crushed to put up 5 goals then I would say there’s an issue.

It is mental and I think that’s part of the problem, momentum building can only take a team so far. Eventually it fades and skill needs to take over. They don’t have enough of that skill.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Well if they need to see one of their guys get their skull crushed to put up 5 goals then I would say there’s an issue.

It is mental and I think that’s part of the problem, momentum building can only take a team so far. Eventually it fades and skill needs to take over. They don’t have enough of that skill.

I disagree. I really think they think they can just turn it on whenever they need/want to, also there may be the feeling of leaving it up to the top line since they are so good. Then there's the tendency to float around the perimeter instead of going hard to the net...

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I disagree. I really think they think they can just turn it on whenever they need/want to, also there may be the feeling of leaving it up to the top line since they are so good. Then there's the tendency to float around the perimeter instead of going hard to the net...
This group still doesn’t have enough scoring talent to win a cup or even get far into the playoffs. It was an issue last year and not much has changed lineup wise for this year. Now it’s even worse when guys like Debrusk and Krejci aren’t contributing.

Even when this teams at its best I don’t think they have enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln