Pre-Game Talk: Game 23 - THE BEAR visits Uniondale one last time...(unless) - 3/9 - 7:07 PM - NESN, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

lrrYYa.gif

That explains everything. Every time he shoots the puck, the puck goes right through the blade! :sarcasm:

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Goals per 60 min of ice time at 5-vs-5 over the Bruins' last 10 games:
  • DeBrusk - 0.00
  • Wagner - 0.00
  • Kuraly - 0.00
  • Bjork - 0.00
  • Studnicka - 0.00
  • Krejci - 0.00
  • Smith - 0.47
  • Coyle - 0.51

It goes without saying, but this absolutely needs to improve.
2/3 of the forward core has 2 combined 5v5 goals in 10 games. Thats...really something

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I heard Idiot Freidman yesterday on the radio saying the Carlo hit was not bad. If it was not Wilson it would not even be talked about. Guy is such a leaf suck up, he rarely gives ant props to the Bruins, unless they beat someone 7-1. He feels the Caps have a point and it was not a head shot and NHL basically got it wrong and the refs on the ice got it right. This is my seeing blood interpretation of what he said. He was careful to dance around it but sided with the Caps 100%.

I unsubscribed from John Scott on YouTube due to multiple bad takes like this.

When a player shoots the puck over the glass, it's an immediate penalty, regardless of intent. 'Inadvertently' trip a guy or obstruct? Same thing - penalty.

Yet a vicious hit by a repeat offender who was head hunting his entire shift is somehow a 'clean hockey play?' If a 'legal hit' can put a player in an ambulance and in a hospital, we need to rethink what constitutes a 'legal hit.'

Have these guys not seen any of the docs on the tragic consequences due to concussions? I sort of understand it's self preservation for low talent thugs by John Scott, but what's Friedman's excuse?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Team is on notice as far as I’m concerned.

You want to be a skill team?

Too bad. You don’t have the talent top to bottom to get by on skill. Too top heavy.

If you’re not going to work your ass off, you sit.

Simplify the game and play heavier.
Volume of shots. Take it to the dirty areas and crash for rebounds.

The schedule is brutal down the stretch.
Can’t afford to piss away games in hand.

The cushion you built up?

It’s vanishing.

Last edited:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

When a player shoots the puck over the glass, it's an immediate penalty, regardless of intent. 'Inadvertently' trip a guy or obstruct? Same thing - penalty.

Yet a vicious hit by a repeat offender who was head hunting his entire shift is somehow a 'clean hockey play?' If a 'legal hit' can put a player in an ambulance and in a hospital, we need to rethink what constitutes a 'legal hit.'

Have these guys not seen any of the docs on the tragic consequences due to concussions? I sort of understand it's self preservation for low talent thugs by John Scott, but what's Friedman's excuse?
Good post.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

Great comment! Regardless of everything, turn all the players into grey blobs and that's a head shot, 99% of the league will agree, too many people looking at the teams and players involved. Factor is the repeated offender on top of it and there's your 7 games. It's too bad he doesn't miss any games vs the Bruins and even with my goggles aside I think he should have gotten more.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I heard Idiot Freidman yesterday on the radio saying the Carlo hit was not bad. If it was not Wilson it would not even be talked about. Guy is such a leaf suck up, he rarely gives ant props to the Bruins, unless they beat someone 7-1. He feels the Caps have a point and it was not a head shot and NHL basically got it wrong and the refs on the ice got it right. This is my seeing blood interpretation of what he said. He was careful to dance around it but sided with the Caps 100%.

I stopped listening to Elliotte Friedman opinions a long time ago

He can be useful for inside information in the hockey world, but his opinions are never going to be Bruin friendly

but he is God's gift to hockey ...just ask him

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Team is on notice as far as I’m concerned.

You want to be a skill team?

Too bad. You don’t have the talent top to bottom to get by on skill. Too too heavy.

If you’re not going to work your ass off, you sit.

Simplify the game and play heavier.
Volume of shots. Take it to the dirty areas and crash for rebounds.

The schedule is brutal down the stretch.
Can’t afford to piss away games in hand.

The cushion you built up?

It’s vanishing.
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad