GDT: Game 21 - Avalanche @ Flames - For the Fallen

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I think my only issue with Kadri is he’s trying to be Mack, too much trying to make a pretty play when he needs to be crashing the net

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
EJ's pass was off the mark on the Flames goal, but MacKinnon was the reason they scored. They were in fine shape until he made an over aggressive play and left Ryan wide open to walk in and score.

If he stays in position that pass never gets to Ryan and he doesn't have an open lane to walk in and shoot on Grubauer. That's why he was upset with himself afterwards. Both plays contributed to the goal, but Nate's was the big mistake.

Reactions: dionisus1122

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
First game I’ve caught in a bit. Wow, you guys aren’t ****ting about EJ. What happened to him?

Never had good hockey IQ, always relied on brute strength/natural ability.

The knees have gone, his speed and ability to do anything at high momentum is painfully rough.

Since he can’t anticipate the play and read the game well, this is how dumb players age.

oxenfree

Jun 20, 2019
EJ's pass was off the mark on the Flames goal, but MacKinnon was the reason they scored. They were in fine shape until he made an over aggressive play and left Ryan wide open to walk in and score.

If he stays in position that pass never gets to Ryan and he doesn't have an open lane to walk in and shoot on Grubauer. That's why he was upset with himself afterwards. Both plays contributed to the goal, but Nate's was the big mistake.

Are you related to Erik Johnson? Just curious.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I liked Zadorov a lot tonight and was happy to see him get a lot of ice time. The issue was, that Cole was out there with him.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Cole wasn’t horrible tonight at least other than his timely penalty. But it will be nice once him and Graves can be replaced by Byram and Timmins
This x10000 Graves has had one good game. The guy consistently kills O-Zone pressure, takes dumb penalties, and has a hard time clearing the puck out of the zone.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Graves was fine tonight. EJ wasn't. Cole is slow.

All the defensemen have a problem at getting the puck out of the zone, even Girard who was the best in the league last year. At this point we have to look at the coaching staff.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Never had good hockey IQ, always relied on brute strength/natural ability.

The knees have gone, his speed and ability to do anything at high momentum is painfully rough.

Since he can’t anticipate the play and read the game well, this is how dumb players age.
It’s too bad. We’re going to need him in the playoffs and that contract is going to get ugly fast. He always reminded me a bit of Phaneuf for some reason. Probably because of the mental brain farts. I was most surprised by his lack of hands more than anything, though.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Graves was fine tonight. EJ wasn't. Cole is slow.

All the defensemen have a problem at getting the puck out of the zone, even Girard who was the best in the league last year. At this point we have to look at the coaching staff.
I blame it on Cole. He likes to get cute with the puck in his own zone and now the other guys are doing it, too.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
There were two shifts in a row or maybe the same shift. Z hits lil jonny and knocks him off the puck. Then lil jonny tries to dangle and Z knocks the puck out of the zone. On the way to the bench Z gets slashed. So he lays back into jonnyboy.

Anyone have that clip?

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Flames core is just so underwhelming. Those days of Sean Monahan>>>Mackinnon seem like a complete joke now. Such an unlikable team all around.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
You want pretty? Figure skating.

source.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad