GDT: Game #2| Jan. 20, 2013|Flyers at Sabres |12:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
We lost Carle and Jagr while gaining Feds and Gervias/Foster. We honestly downgraded over the summer while hoping Couturier and B. Schenn dont have a sophomore slump and step their game up.

It's probably just two losses in a row, but the confidence in the team right now isn't too high. Wouldn't be surprised if we barely miss playoffs.
yep. And that hartnell, talbot, simmonds will all have career years...add read to your list too.

We are young...some of this i expect.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
The PK is what is concerning me most right now. The PP hasn't capitalized but the 1st unit honestly has looked pretty good imo

Talbot and Fedotenko looked terrible. Talbot I expect to bounce back but Fed just looks useless out there

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
How? I tuned it, it was 2-2. The quick whistle shouldn't have been and that puck would have been over the line for a goal. But, how does that result in a pt?

The Hodgson goal was good, the overhead angle shows or seems to show the stick touching the puck, at least, and there's no kicking motion (he's trying to stop).

I don't think anyone can argue that the Hodgson goal wasn't good.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
How? I tuned it, it was 2-2. The quick whistle shouldn't have been and that puck would have been over the line for a goal. But, how does that result in a pt?

The Hodgson goal was good, the overhead angle shows or seems to show the stick touching the puck, at least, and there's no kicking motion (he's trying to stop).

The refs terrible showing cost the flyers 2 goals.

the 'goaltender interference' one and the one that the end. Ref should have been behind the net.

Another place they messed up was on the hook on laughton when he had an open net

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
As God awful as the refs were... We didn't play well enough to win.

The first disallowed goal was a joke...

The second disallowed goal I do understand because the ref lost site of the puck, but if he was in the correct position there would be no issue.

Hodgson's goal is iffy... Normally I would say its a good goal if Bryzgalov didn't have his glove on it because he didn't kick at the puck.... But he did stop into Bryz's glove making the puck go into the net, and I don't understand why the refs believed Miller didn't have an opportunity to make the save on the first disallowed goal, but Bryz did have an opportunity to make the save although the puck was under his glove and directed in from the skate
"The first disallowed goal was a joke..." Oh, can't comment as I didn't see it yet. :)

What's wrong with Hodgson's goal? Bryz didn't get a good piece of it and the rebound bounced into the air.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
The refs terrible showing cost the flyers 2 goals.

the 'goaltender interference' one and the one that the end. Ref should have been behind the net.

Another place they messed up was on the hook on laughton when he had an open net

I can't believe I am agreeing with a Flyers fan, but yes, someone should have been behind the net. It clearly crossed the line.. and interesting how the whistle gets blown right after the fact. lol

GTopCheese

Jul 19, 2012
"The first disallowed goal was a joke..." Oh, can't comment as I didn't see it yet. :)

What's wrong with Hodgson's goal? Bryz didn't get a good piece of it and the rebound bounced into the air.
My problem with that goal is that Hodgson's skates ran right through Bryz's glove after he covered it which is what made it go in.

Jordan941

Apr 16, 2012

To be honest, I don't have a replay of it on hand but I remember thinking after seeing the replays right after the goal that Bryz's glove was covering the puck when Hodgson's skates pushed the puck into the net. On the other hand, they only showed a few replays but from what noticed at the time was that Bryz had his glove on the puck. I'll have to wait for the highlights to see if it was my blind Flyer's rage that made it seem that way or whether Bryz's glove was actually interfered with. :nod:

iamcanadian23

Jan 2, 2011
Toronto
My biggest concern is the blueline.

They are proving to be everything we expected them to be - slow, immobile and defensively inept. All the opposition needs to do is dump and chase, we're going to lose all the races - and many of our defensemen are left with nothing to defend with beyond their sticks, which frequently results in penalties.

Either the personnel or the system needs to change to survive.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
My biggest concern is the blueline.

They are proving to be everything we expected them to be - slow, immobile and defensively inept. All the opposition needs to do is dump and chase, we're going to lose all the races - and many of our defensemen are left with nothing to defend with beyond their sticks, which frequently results in penalties.

Either the personnel or the system needs to change to survive.
see ya lavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad