GDT: Game #2| Jan. 20, 2013|Flyers at Sabres |12:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Its too bad the new CBA didn't address the glaring officiating in this league. The biggest thing that needs to be changed in this league.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts

Experts at losing
Sep 28, 2010
Philadelphia
Battletoads_Coverart.png

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Well the bigger problem is the play of B. Schenn, Couturier and Read IMO.

Unstable

Apr 26, 2006
Exiled in NoVA
The nerd duo was quick to justify the blown calls.

My understanding is that by rule, the official is supposed to blow the whistle if he can't see the puck.

The question is, why was he standing in the far corner like a lazy sack of ****? Contrast the official (I forget which) in the playoffs last year who was climbing up on the goal so he could always get a perfect view.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Horrible. Why can't these idiot whistles be reviewed? The puck would have been IN no matter if he whistled or not. These stupid calls should be correctable by a review in cases like this. Samething for the goaltender interference, it should be reviewed.

PhillyFlying

F1eyrS
Sep 15, 2010
Philadelphia
well aint that some ********.

if you're gonna call feds for goalie interference there you call it on hodgson too. he skated right into bryz's glove and "denied him the chance to make a save." ******** either way.

flyers need to tighten up if this is the way it's gonna be called. our pk is awful.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I like Schenn/Giroux/Hartnell but to get Hemskacek going I'd put him back on that line with Giroux and put Schenn down a bit to spread it out.

Also that stupid quick whistle rule needs to go, I don't care how many goalies get hurt.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Awful reefing, feel bad for you guys. Although the whistle shouldn't have gone off, it was the right call.

It's the right call because the ref was in bad position, regardless though it's still one of those thing's that's at the ref's discretion and they tend to get them wrong in big moments.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Thanks refs go **** yourselves, you didn't want to spoil Buffalo's opener mission

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I don't believe in the complot theories, it wasn't a bias against us, just pure incompetence.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
When play is that close to the net the ref should probably stand right BEHIND the net so they can see everything.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
This team is I trouble. No one is prepared to play these games. They look like they have no chemistry or a desire to work for the puck. Constantly out of position, no one can pass or handle the puck. There's no excuse why they should be this unprepared and be out worked by 2 teams who had the same amount of time to prepare. Absolutely ridiculous. Brayden Schenn looks completely lost as well.

Schenn and Couts ruined by their time with the Phantoms?

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Bryzgalov, Simmonds, Timonen and Laughton are about the only ones putting forth any sort of effort. Giroux, while he has 2 goals, doesn't really look like himself out there.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
We seriously have no offense.

While Simmonds has looked good, he HAS to start finishing these chances. How many times is he going to hit the goalie in the chest or pads when it's just him and the goalie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad