GDT: Game #2| Jan. 20, 2013|Flyers at Sabres |12:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Horrible. Why can't these idiot whistles be reviewed? The puck would have been IN no matter if he whistled or not. These stupid calls should be correctable by a review in cases like this. Samething for the goaltender interference, it should be reviewed.

They review every touchdown in the NFL. Can't be hard to review every goal in hockey. Generally, I don't like football cause there's too many stoppages in play, but they by far have the most consistent refs in the biz and the rules don't change halfway through the season and then again in the playoffs. They're not perfect, but they're not afraid to get it right because that's more important than "affecting the game" (besides isn't that what they're doing by allowing them to get it wrong?)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
My understanding is that by rule, the official is supposed to blow the whistle if he can't see the puck.

The question is, why was he standing in the far corner like a lazy sack of ****? Contrast the official (I forget which) in the playoffs last year who was climbing up on the goal so he could always get a perfect view.

Van Massenhoven had a deer-in-the-headlights angst reaction in trying to explain his rationale. I suspect he knew immediately there was a transgression in the play.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
We seriously have no offense.

While Simmonds has looked good, he HAS to start finishing these chances. How many times is he going to hit the goalie in the chest or pads when it's just him and the goalie...

We should of had 4 goals today...

drownedsailors

Sep 25, 2010
Earth
Officiating in this game was a ****ing joke! Should've at least gotten a point in this game and of course we get absolutely nothing.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
We should of had 4 goals today...

Yet, we only scored 3 in two games. Ya we can ***** about the refs but still doesnt change how we were outshot AGAIN, and most of our shots were just thrown on net cause we were tired. All teams get joked by refs. Happens. Still got to capitalize on other chances which we currently aren't doing.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
If they lose to the Devils and Rags this week, I am going to dread the lockout ending.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I think the argument for no offense lies within the idea of poor chemistry and poor passing. We do have our chances, but we squander WAY too many good chances and make a terrible pass somewhere along the line.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
We seriously have no offense.

While Simmonds has looked good, he HAS to start finishing these chances. How many times is he going to hit the goalie in the chest or pads when it's just him and the goalie...
forever...dude has hands of stone.

We overachieved last year...i expected the team to fall back to earth a little.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Correction: the Flyers cannot defend on the PK. What's this, 4 PP goals against in two games? Not a very good start.

Feds and Talbot have blew the past two games. Voracek and Read really havent done anything either. Voracek's fault on that one goal, but he has looked better then Read atleast.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Correction: the Flyers cannot defend on the PK. What's this, 4 PP goals against in two games? Not a very good start.

Part of that is that Couturier, Talbot and Fedotenko have been crap in every situation they have been in.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Refs cost us 1 pt today, that's a fact. But Harts was terrible, Jake was awful. Outside of Bryz, G, Simmer and Laughton, everyone was brutal. Not a good start. NeednRags to win in regulation tonight

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I mean we as fans should be used to the jobbing we get from the refs, it is what it is the Flyers didn't desrve to win the game anyway, the whole team needs to show up ALL game, reload, lick your wounds and get ready for Tues

toughfighter83*

jim jackson blaming bryz, wtf? i know it's 2 games but if lav doesnt change his style, he's going to the door, it's killing this team.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
forever...dude has hands of stone.

We overachieved last year...i expected the team to fall back to earth a little.

We lost Carle and Jagr while gaining Feds and Gervias/Foster. We honestly downgraded over the summer while hoping Couturier and B. Schenn dont have a sophomore slump and step their game up.

It's probably just two losses in a row, but the confidence in the team right now isn't too high. Wouldn't be surprised if we barely miss playoffs.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
As a Pens fan who isn't a Flyers fan (can't be both), I was really upset for your team. Talk about being screwed. This game could have been entirely different if it weren't for the reffing. Even though I prefer the Sabres to your guys team and am okay with them winning, I believe it should be done fairly. Horrible, horrible officiating.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
They review every touchdown in the NFL. Can't be hard to review every goal in hockey. Generally, I don't like football cause there's too many stoppages in play, but they by far have the most consistent refs in the biz and the rules don't change halfway through the season and then again in the playoffs. They're not perfect, but they're not afraid to get it right because that's more important than "affecting the game" (besides isn't that what they're doing by allowing them to get it wrong?)
And it wasnt always that way. Over time...they do more with reviews, change rules, ect.

I mean, this isnt anything new here.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
seriously if this keeps up we are going to need to score 6 goals to really have 4. I waited 8 months to watch our team get screwed two nights in a row? I agree that me looked tired and out of sorts but we still would have won that game regardless if we hadn't had 2 goals waived off. 2???? you seriously would think that they would at least give us that last goal with a couple minutes left since the screwed us on the disallowed "interference" goal. the fact that the refs didn't give us that goal at the end shows how biased they actually are towards certain teams.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Refs cost us 1 pt today, that's a fact. But Harts was terrible, Jake was awful. Outside of Bryz, G, Simmer and Laughton, everyone was brutal. Not a good start. NeednRags to win in regulation tonight

I liked Luke Schenn most of the time, I'd add him to that list.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
How? I tuned it, it was 2-2. The quick whistle shouldn't have been and that puck would have been over the line for a goal. But, how does that result in a pt?

The Hodgson goal was good, the overhead angle shows or seems to show the stick touching the puck, at least, and there's no kicking motion (he's trying to stop).

Jordan941

Apr 16, 2012
As God awful as the refs were... We didn't play well enough to win.

The first disallowed goal was a joke...

The second disallowed goal I do understand because the ref lost site of the puck, but if he was in the correct position there would be no issue.

Hodgson's goal is iffy... Normally I would say its a good goal if Bryzgalov didn't have his glove on it because he didn't kick at the puck.... But he did stop into Bryz's glove making the puck go into the net, and I don't understand why the refs believed Miller didn't have an opportunity to make the save on the first disallowed goal, but Bryz did have an opportunity to make the save although the puck was under his glove and directed in from the skate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad