GDT: Game #2| Jan. 20, 2013|Flyers at Sabres |12:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtJoseph*

The officiating was certainly bad etc.......BUT over the course of the season it typically evens out for the most part in my opinion........With a short season though i hope there are enough games to center the scale.

DenverBoone

Oct 5, 2008
My biggest concern is the blueline.

They are proving to be everything we expected them to be - slow, immobile and defensively inept. All the opposition needs to do is dump and chase, we're going to lose all the races - and many of our defensemen are left with nothing to defend with beyond their sticks, which frequently results in penalties.

Either the personnel or the system needs to change to survive.

Please bring back Matt Carle!

Top Cheese Danish

Jan 26, 2011
NYC
We need Briere back.

:help:

Also, gonna go ahead and say it: Schenn needs to prove he can finish or Lavy needs to pull him off the top line NOW.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I'm fairly sure the rest of the users on the main board didn't watch the game

'The goaltender interference call on the disallowed was an obvious call. Hartnell ran Miller over. That call gets called every time and Hartnell should have gotten a penalty'

What.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
because the refs disallowed a goal in the first that they know they messed up on, they usually let it go the next time. the fact that they waived off a reeeeeaally close goal that couldhave made it 4 to 3 later, when they technically " owed us one" speaks volumes of they subtle bias that certain refs have toward certain tens. the same ref took both goals away.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
My biggest concern is the blueline.

They are proving to be everything we expected them to be - slow, immobile and defensively inept. All the opposition needs to do is dump and chase, we're going to lose all the races - and many of our defensemen are left with nothing to defend with beyond their sticks, which frequently results in penalties.

Either the personnel or the system needs to change to survive.

Heres the thing. ALOT of people here wanted these HUGE 6'5 defenders who hit hard. Well for the most part thats all our defense is now. We have 5'11 Timonen and everyone else is 6'2 (or so) and taller (and slower). Their hitting hard!....but they dont defend to well.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
hartnel isn't the one who hit Miller fetetanko did. who didn't watch the game? even the NBC guys said it was a bad call and that it they owed us one.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
As much as I hate to say it, I see a very very very slow start resulting in a Lavy firing. Sucks and he doesn't deserve it but we don't have the personnel to play his system.
And is it just me or does the loss of Carle and Jagr look as though its leaving a glaring hole?
This teams offensive and defensive game with or without Briere just are not good enough. Coburn has looked awful when I expected a big step up from him. Giroux though he has 2 goals seems lost to me.
Read,Couts, and B. Schenn have looked very ordinary and we need them to play much better.
Bryz finally is playing well and the team is not. Go out and sign a veteran like Arnott or Sykora. We need some veteran help up front.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
I'm fairly sure the rest of the users on the main board didn't watch the game

'The goaltender interference call on the disallowed was an obvious call. Hartnell ran Miller over. That call gets called every time and Hartnell should have gotten a penalty'

What.

:laugh::laugh: that is great.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Hartnell was the one who ran into miller in the 3rd, he was driven to the net by Regher, miller flopped like a true gold medal diver as always, and Hartnell got a penalty. I think that's what they're referring to.

iamcanadian23

Jan 2, 2011
Toronto
Heres the thing. ALOT of people here wanted these HUGE 6'5 defenders who hit hard. Well for the most part thats all our defense is now. We have 5'11 Timonen and everyone else is 6'2 (or so) and taller (and slower). Their hitting hard!....but they dont defend to well.

Not sure I heard too much of that recently, but years ago sure.
Either way, people with that opinion should have learned their lesson from Hatcher/Rathje.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad