GDT: Game 2 - CBJ (0-1-0) at PIT (0-1-0) - 5 Oct 2019, 7pm

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Torts will be at the #citgo by game 20. Hopefully Jarmo gets the replacement right and brings in a coach that understands today’s offense , and developing skilled players
Rookie players all over our roster. I’m not sure what coach would be able to magically make it work. Have to play tight D for young goalies but at same time allow mistakes of young offenders? Not sure where the balance is myself.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I will never blame Jarmo for going balls out last season.

But the goaltending situation is unacceptable. Korpisalo is not good enough to be a starter and we're throwing Elvis to the fire. This is where we absolutely needed to sign someone like Lehner or Varlamov to provide some stability. Lehner took a one-year deal even, and we had more than enough cap space in the near future to burn. We might have the worst netminding duo in the league.

Reactions: CPTN71

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Knew we would be bad, but didn’t think it would be this bad.

A long period of dark age is ahead. The draft may be the only hope. We’ll likely have a new coach next year even though I don’t necessarily pin it on him. Jarmo screwed up. Catastrophically.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Merzlikins belongs in the AHL. I'd send him to Cleveland right away, and smack him on the way down. He should have started there last Spring.

Jarmo had a chance to sign a vet goalie in free agency but passed. Now it’ll take an asset to acquire one, which we don’t have a whole lot of. We’re stuck with this for the foreseeable future.

DeSmith, who has a career .917, was on waivers last week. He passed through. I'm not sure why.

I'm not worried about the cost of getting another goalie, it's not that expensive. I just hope we don't have to see too many more nights like this before Jarmo finally admits defeat and gets one.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I will never blame Jarmo for going balls out last season.

But the goaltending situation is unacceptable. Korpisalo is not good enough to be a starter and we're throwing Elvis to the fire. This is where we absolutely needed to sign someone like Lehner or Varlamov to provide some stability. Lehner took a one-year deal even, and we had more than enough cap space in the near future to burn. We might have the worst netminding duo in the league.

I can't believe Lehner only cost a 1 year $5m deal. He was the guy I wanted Jarmo to sign, and that's when I thought it would take a big multi-year deal to get him.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Wtf??? 7-2?? That is f***ing embrassing, i feel sick. Dont have words better just throw the team in the garbage and start cuting myself, that hurts less than being a jackets fan. 7-2 dear God what an pile of shit we have.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Come on guys, it's 2 games... let's see how they look after 10 games or so.
Need some time to get the rookies acclimatized, and the goalies to get comfortable.

For most of the team, I'm in agreement. They poured their hearts out last night and were running on empty tonight. They'll have only game in the next five nights, which leaves plenty of time for practice and reset, a kind of mini-camp. That's almost necessary after a Torts camp. Guys are too tired to iron everything out. We saw this a couple years ago I seem to remember, they played a couple games and then had a mini-camp to get it straight.

But I'm not interested in giving Elvis time to get comfortable at the NHL level. He's not an NHL goalie right now. Let him get comfortable in Cleveland. When he plays at least half a season and has a .920 down there give him a call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad