GDT: Game 2 - CBJ (0-1-0) at PIT (0-1-0) - 5 Oct 2019, 7pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A bunch of losers who have yet to win a single game or score more than 1 measly goal are going up tonight against a bunch of losers who have yet to win a single game or score more than 1 measly goal.

bluejackets.com projected lineup:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change) [ed note: truer words have never been written]

Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Cam Atkinson
Nick Foligno - Boone Jenner - Josh Anderson
Gustav Nyquist - Alexander Wennberg - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Jakob Lilja - Riley Nash - Emil Bemstrom

Ryan Murray - Seth Jones
Zach Werenski - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Sonny Milano, Dean Kukan, Vladislav Gavrikov

Roster Report: Head coach John Tortorella has not indicated if any lineup changes are in the offing, noting that Harrington won the battle to be the team's sixth defenseman in camp.

The Pens have not yet posted a lineup; will update this post when they do. They still haven't posted a lineup, but here's one adapted from the HFPens GDT:

Jake Guentzel - Sidney Crosby - Dominik Simon
Alex Galchenyuk - Evgeni Malkin - Brandon Tanev
Jared McCann - Nick Bjugstad - Patric Hornqvist
Zach Aston-Reese - Teddy Blueger - Dominik Kahun

Brian Dumoulin - Kris Letang
Marcus Petterson - Justin Schultz
John Marino - Chad Ruhwedel

Matt Murray

(I might have the Dominiks mixed up, as they listed first names only. But I'm fairly confident I got it right.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Monk

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I grew up in Pittsburgh. I was the only hockey/Pens fan among my elementary school friends because they sucked and it was the 70s and the Pirates and Steelers and Pitt football were all good.

I switched to the Jackets because Columbus was (and continue to be) my home.

While I can’t make it back to my childhood home for tonight’s game, I’m switching my allegiances back to the Pens because I’ve had it with a hapless organization that’s never won anything and shows no indication of that changing any time soon after last night’s debacle. I read it here guys. The offense can’t score. The goalie can’t atop anything. The defense was supposed to be good...

Anyway, the McConnells, Jarmo, Torts, Foligno, Cam and the whole ‘want to be here’ crowd can take a leap.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Sabo0290

Lost along the wing
Aug 28, 2015
Dayton
I grew up in Pittsburgh. I was the only hockey/Pens fan among my elementary school friends because they sucked and it was the 70s and the Pirates and Steelers and Pitt football were all good.

While I can’t make it back to my childhood home for tonight’s game, I’m switching my allegiances back to the Pens because I’ve had it with a hapless organization that’s never won anything and shows no indication of that changing any time soon after last night’s debacle. I read it here guys. The offense can’t score. The goalie can’t atop anything. The defense was supposed to be good...

Anyway, the McConnells, Jarmo, Torts, Foligno, Cam and the whole ‘want to be here’ crowd can take a leap.

:tmi:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

threadbanned for opposing fanbase trolling

;)

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/spyboy1/TSG Blog/LarouchePenguins.jpg

Pierre Larouche Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

The Penguins first star. Jean Pronovost fans would disagree but to hell with them.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Pens 3-2. Guentzel with his usual two goals against us and the game winner.

Pressure is off tonight, though. Away game plus the entire city will be watching OSU. GO Bucks!

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Murray even if he isnt looking his best needs to play. He didnt have much of a camp so he needs to play through the rust and when hes up to speed we all know hes a 1st pair talent

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

F*** that noise! Is this for real?

That said, I'm with you on one thing. I don't want guys who are here because they want to be here. I want guys who are here because they want to win a damn championship!

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Speaking of a player that needs to do something. PLD needs to start showing why he was the number three pick in the draft. He was not only invisible in game one, but for a good part of the end of last season.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
F*** that noise! Is this for real?

That said, I'm with you on one thing. I don't want guys who are here because they want to be here. I want guys who are here because they want to win a damn championship!

True as the day is long...hey I got some land in Florida...you interested? ;)

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC

DSL is going straight to loyalty jail.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio

Just post better

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad