GDT: Game 19 - CBJ vs STL - 15 Nov, 7pm, @Nat

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
IMO, neither goalie has won the starting job yet.

Korpi makes spectacular saves like Bob.
Elvis seems steady and focused.

But neither has shown consistency and both let in the random/fluke/odd shot. Hopefully one of them can pull it together enough for 60mins by the end of the year.

Korpi's potential is more or less known but Elvis can still grow a lot. Lets hope he does and becomes this franchise's starting goalie by next year

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Yeah I'm watching, but you couldn't see the puck go past Korpi on the first replays they showed. Did it go under the pad, deflect off Savard, bounce over him, go five-hole?

Ah, thanks. I've been seeing that with a lot of goalies lately, not sure why.
No excuses, he needs to stop that. Soft goal, especially in the last minute

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You can't say what he is supposed to stop if you don't know how it went in. It does seem like it was soft if it went under his pad.

Do you ever stop?

It was a flippin wraparound that went in without being knocked in by his own player. It was soft. Anyone who saw it would come to that conclusion almost immediately.

Carry on.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
You can't say what he is supposed to stop if you don't know how it went in. It does seem like it was soft if it went under his pad.
Agree wholeheartedly
Not every goal is soft. Some are well earned. This one, not so much. Rule #1 is to stop the puck. You and I know that. Wish we had a supposed #1 goalie who was able to do that on a consistent basis

Reactions: majormajor

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Korpi's potential is more or less known but Elvis can still grow a lot. Lets hope he does and becomes this franchise's starting goalie by next year
While it wasn't "North American" hockey I don't think it should be forgotten than Korpisalo has only been playing about 25 games a year between Cleveland and Columbus while Elvis has been playing 40+ for Lugano and the Latvian National Team. I think that counts for something and Elvis just seems more and more comfortable with each opportunity to play.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
For a team that is supposed to be defensively oriented we sure give up some very poor rushes and odd man chances against

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad