GDT: Game 19 - CBJ vs STL - 15 Nov, 7pm, @Nat

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Jackets lose 10-1 and Korpi shoves his stick up Larsen's bum after we go 0/7 on the PP and generate 5 shot attempts with 0 on net. STL pulls goalie for a mercy goal. CBJ fans laud STL's class and is equally divided as to whether Korpi's "stickhandling" was within appropriate means.

Just call me a seer

You're a seer. (even though I had to google it to know what it means)

Seer? Sucker.

Reactions: Johansen2Foligno

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Obviously Korpisalo has a greater body of work to judge him on but I believe in terms of recent performance they are much closer than you think. The team plays like crap in front of both of them. I’ve been a fan and I own a Korpisalo jersey but he has not wowed me this season. His outbursts are a bit concerning since he has not done that type of thing in NA hockey according to Legace. I also feel like Elvis is earning himself more playing time but Torts seems perfectly content to keep Elvis only playing in back to back games against western conference opponents with the exception of the Tuesday game.
I have seen Korpi let other teams in his head and it really effects his game. In the Calder Cup playoffs he started out fine, but in game 4 against Grand Rapids they got in his head and it got ugly. He got a slashing penalty that led to a ppg in the game 4 comeback when Cle was up 3-0. Game 5 he gave up 5 and got yanked, and game 6 he gave up 3 goals on 6 shots and that was it for him. If he keeps his head he can be a solid goalie, but if teams get to him early, it can get bad.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Jean Luc + Jeff Rimer = Away feed option taken. When I heard JLGP intone that "cancer is a very bad disease" that's all I needed to go away.

Reactions: thebus88

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Jean Luc + Jeff Rimer = Away feed option taken. When I heard JLGP intone that "cancer is a very bad disease" that's all I needed to go away.

Nothing personal but I don't really care to listen to him either. And Rimer..."And away he goes"!...Ummm, Jeff, he has guys all over him and we can see it. Stop making it sound more exciting than it is...

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Savard (our 2nd goalie?) rocking a Fu Manchu?
Could of swore it was a beard last game.

Panger always has weird facts, how could you not listen to him =)

Reactions: aRussian

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I have no idea what FS Ohio sees in JLGP as a broadcaster that they keep trotting him out...really nice guy but I can’t make it 5 mins listening to him

I think JLGP is much better suited as an intermission guy where he can pick his spots and has some insight to offer from his experience.

When he is reading from a script it's not pretty, English is like his 3rd language.

Reactions: koteka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad