GDT: Game 19 - CBJ vs STL - 15 Nov, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Getting visited now by the team we all hope to emulate. Well, okay, the team whose prior season we all hope to emulate.
We're also doing Hockey Fights Cancer night tonight, so expect lots of lavender.

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Alexandre Texier - Alexander Wennberg - Cam Atkinson
Sonny Milano - Boone Jenner - Josh Anderson
Eric Robinson - Riley Nash - Emil Bemstrom

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Ryan Murray - David Savard
Vladislav Gavrikov - Dean Kukan

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Markus Hannikainen, Nick Foligno (suspension), Scott Harrington

Roster Report:
The Blue Jackets will likely stick with the same 18 skaters seen Tuesday in Montreal, while new callup Markus Hannikainen -- recalled Thursday after the team discovered Kole Sherwood's torn oblique -- will likely be a healthy scratch. A starting goalie won't be known until John Tortorella's 10:30 a.m. meeting with the media.

blues.nhl.com has a preview article up, but no projected lineup as yet. and just put up a projected lineup:
PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards

Schwartz - Schenn - Thomas
Sanford - O'Reilly - Perron
de la Rose - Bozak - Blais
MacEachern - Barbashev - Sundqvist
Defense
Parayko - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Faulk
Gunnarsson - Dunn
Goalie
Allen

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Blues' last game:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Hopefully the correct goalie, the goalie who gives the team a much better chance to win: Korpisalo, is starting the game tonight.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
The MTL game wasnt on Elvis, was hoping he would get another shot tonight to see what he can do...just win please

Reactions: Lumbus

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I want Korpisalo to succeed as much as I want Elvis to be successful but I sort of feel like you might be Korpi’s girlfriend, close relative or something like that.

And that's because I believe Korpisalo is the best goalie in the organization by a fair margin, gives the team the best opportunity to win games, and is underrated by most hockey fans, many of them being CBJ fans that seem to trash on him quite unfairly?

But no, I'm just some dude born and raised in mid Michigan that knows hockey and became a real CBJ fan a long time ago because I didn't like much of the roster and salary ranking that the Red Wings had when the CBJ entered the league, and I feel no geographical obligation to root for a sports team that I have no actual geographical relationship or connection in any way with the players on the team. Much of my post history that involves true/real "in depth" analysis and my CBJ "predictions" over time speak for themselves.

Korpisalo is a much better goalie than Merzlikins, and much better than he gets credit for from many hockey fans.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
And that's because I believe Korpisalo is the best goalie in the organization by a fair margin, gives the team the best opportunity to win games, and is underrated by most hockey fans, many of them being CBJ fans that seem to trash on him quite unfairly?

But no, I'm just some dude born and raised in mid Michigan that knows hockey and became a real CBJ fan a long time ago because I didn't like much of the roster and salary ranking that the Red Wings had when the CBJ entered the league, and I feel no geographical obligation to root for a sports team that I have no actual geographical relationship or connection in any way with the players on the team. Much of my post history that involves true/real "in depth" analysis and my CBJ "predictions" over time speak for themselves.

Korpisalo is a much better goalie than Merzlikins, and much better than he gets credit for from many hockey fans.

Did he do good in another league I'm not familiar with? Because judging by his 100+ NHL games, the dude is trash. The back half of his 20s are going to be his half decade, though, sure.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Obviously Korpisalo has a greater body of work to judge him on but I believe in terms of recent performance they are much closer than you think. The team plays like crap in front of both of them. I’ve been a fan and I own a Korpisalo jersey but he has not wowed me this season. His outbursts are a bit concerning since he has not done that type of thing in NA hockey according to Legace. I also feel like Elvis is earning himself more playing time but Torts seems perfectly content to keep Elvis only playing in back to back games against western conference opponents with the exception of the Tuesday game.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Obviously Korpisalo has a greater body of work to judge him on but I believe in terms of recent performance they are much closer than you think. The team plays like crap in front of both of them. I’ve been a fan and I own a Korpisalo jersey but he has not wowed me this season. His outbursts are a bit concerning since he has not done that type of thing in NA hockey according to Legace. I also feel like Elvis is earning himself more playing time but Torts seems perfectly content to keep Elvis only playing in back to back games against western conference opponents with the exception of the Tuesday game.

No they're not.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Wonder when Anderson will get going. You'd think he'd have all the motivation in the world since he's playing for a new contract.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Oh yeah definitely. Real treat.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wonder when Anderson will get going. You'd think he'd have all the motivation in the world since he's playing for a new contract.

Was wondering that same thing just a bit ago. If he doesn't kick it up it looks like more contentious negotiations.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Torts not starting Elvis after a good last performance is another example of Torts not showing trust in nor rewarding young players.
I think we as fans all thought there was going to be an actual competition in camp but Torts clearly made the decision on who his number 1 is. Right or wrong it is the hill he will die on.

I just hope they don’t ride him into the ground and Elvis only plays the 18-20 games a year Korpisalo was subject to. An 80-20 split in games isn’t really an ideal plan. I’ll even take 60-40 but make it an actual competition instead of anointing Korpi the #1 guy off the bat. This team isn’t making the playoffs so find out who your guy is for the future this year.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Jackets lose 10-1 and Korpi shoves his stick up Larsen's bum after we go 0/7 on the PP and generate 5 shot attempts with 0 on net. STL pulls goalie for a mercy goal. CBJ fans laud STL's class and is equally divided as to whether Korpi's "stickhandling" was within appropriate means.

Just call me a seer

Reactions: thebus88

pled

Sep 7, 2009
wasnt murray activated. getting sad for the guy. Can't even play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad