GDT: Game 19 - CBJ vs STL - 15 Nov, 7pm, @Nat

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
St. Louis was a bit off in their passing most of the game, but hanging with them and getting the OT win is a big deal.

Reactions: Dumais

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Football(soccer) ecstasy yesterday took all the time so i just watched highlights. Korpi was great that first goal was unlucky for him, Savards stick lift his leg(dont remember word for this) inch and puck slided under. Bem has a whole new level in his game. Cam is swimming in the deep waters right now, he is far away his normal level. Win is win and that matters the most. Streak is on. RIVEN JOHDOLLA ME MENTIIN KISOIHIN!

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
A friendly, amicable Metro fan just commenting. Watched your game against the Blues tonight; I've seen a few CBJ games this year. Think this was an A- game; not many high danger chances yielded, good interior coverage; CBJ controlled zone time, especially in the 3rd. I see what Torts is doing: smartly, transitioning to a conservative style, forecheck ONLY when opportunity strikes. The Blues had minimal high danger chances, could be an outlier though. I credit CBJ's D, and perhaps, some complacency from STL

I like the analyst, former Blue Jacket, knows his first goal (lol); was he a fill in, or permanent?

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
A friendly, amicable Metro fan just commenting. Watched your game against the Blues tonight; I've seen a few CBJ games this year. Think this was an A- game; not many high danger chances yielded, good interior coverage; CBJ controlled zone time, especially in the 3rd. I see what Torts is doing: smartly, transitioning to a conservative style, forecheck ONLY when opportunity strikes. The Blues had minimal high danger chances, could be an outlier though. I credit CBJ's D, and perhaps, some complacency from STL

I like the analyst, former Blue Jacket, knows his first goal (lol); was he a fill in, or permanent?
Fill-in, Jody Shelley is the usual guy, but he was being inducted into the Nova Scotia HHoF last night.

Thanks for the outsider's perspective, appreciate a non-bias take on my team, especially when I agree with it =)

Reactions: BelovedIsles

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Didn’t get to watch, but looking at the highlights were 52-18-22 together as a line late in the third?
Yes, who would have thought playing the young kids a lot would yield a more dynamic team :D. Another major difference is that Wennberg actually decided to assert himself offensively , and played aggressive , giving us an actual second center for at least this game . Seeing this play again makes me wonder if this should be a legit strategy going forward, Wennberg jumped like 2 feet in the air, which had to be distracting .

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Yes, who would have thought playing the young kids a lot would yield a more dynamic team :D. Another major difference is that Wennberg actually decided to assert himself offensively , and played aggressive , giving us an actual second center for at least this game . Seeing this play again makes me wonder if this should be a legit strategy going forward, Wennberg jumped like 2 feet in the air, which had to be distracting .

The young kids played about what they have been playing, 11-12 minutes. They just did something in the time they had. They keep doing that, and they will get more time.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Fill-in, Jody Shelley is the usual guy, but he was being inducted into the Nova Scotia HHoF last night.

Thanks for the outsider's perspective, appreciate a non-bias take on my team, especially when I agree with it =)

A year ago I was scared of you guys, I still kinda am. Torts knows his shit.

Your analyst is humble, very honest and quiet.

Reactions: Dumais

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad