GDT: Game 18 | Nashville Predators @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D+

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Are we now the team that sucks and other teams underestimate and then drop a game to us then their fanbase gets all pissed "You dropped a game to the RED WINGS?!? That should have been an easy 2 points!"

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Great game so far by Jimmy. Would love to see Cleary demoted then Tats and Toots rotate with Dats and Gator on the 2nd line in the 3rd.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Scary end there. Have to keep going in the third. Roll 4 lines (maybe even the bottom 6 a bit more) so they rest the top 2 lines for tomorrow.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The evidence is conclusive: Kyle Quicney is the source of all our misfortune. Ken Holland needs to waive him as soon as he returns from injury. This MUST happen people. Serioiusly, just look at our record since Quincey was acquired. The playoff streak is at risk here.

Do you know when the Red Wings record breaking home game win streak ended last year?

First game Quincey played for us.

*drops mic*

Datsyuk being a boss on that shift for Kronwall. Got to every loose puck, set up all the plays. Being a real man.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Scott Hannan >> Kent Huskins

If we're just going to list all the NHL defenceman better than the guy we signed to fill in for our injury depleted defence we're going to be here for a while.

Not sure what your point is, we couldn't have signed Hannan when we needed a fill in. If we're going to compare Huskins to someone compare him to someone available at the time.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Are we now the team that sucks and other teams underestimate and then drop a game to us then their fanbase gets all pissed "You dropped a game to the RED WINGS?!? That should have been an easy 2 points!"

Nope

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Because the Selke is all about making passes in the offensive zone.

The zone the play is taking place in hardly matters. It is not impossible to play defense in the offensive zone. Datsyuk was retrieving all the loose pucks and maintaining puck control.

Is there a better way to play defense than to deny the other team access to the puck?

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Wings giving up WAY too much to feel good about this.
We should win, but our defense is very suspect

They are definitely taking it too easy.

I noted Nashville trying the cross-ice pass a lot. They're probably trying to counter Jimmy staying way out of the paint.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
It's amazing the amount of perfection this board expects. Have you guys been spoiled or what the last 20 yrs. it's seems EVERYTIME someone makes a mistake they are brutal and next to hit the waiver wire. Chill the **** out. We're up 3-0. Playing well. Howard's having a nice game. ChiLl... Besides. What did you ppl expect. We got bounced first round last year. And THEN lost lidstrom, Stuart and Hudler. And basically didn't replace any of them. So I ask. What.... Did u expect this year???

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ha... NHL Network called Kronwalls goal... Lidstrom-esque...

:laugh:

He biffed it and caught a break.

Loved late in the 2nd when Gator made a good defensive play coming back and Mickey gave credit to Cleary.

Quit with the Quincey stuff though. This is Jimmy's best game of the season not counting the LA game. Could easily be 3-3 without Jimmy being lights out.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Ha... NHL Network called Kronwalls goal... Lidstrom-esque...

If only his defense was Lidstrom-esque. Nick never screened his own freaking goalie.

I hope Lidstrom coaches during the prospects and regular training camp next season. He has a lot to teach.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
And murph says babs is lovin abby and cleary with dats. I will say cleary is less bad tonite

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
It's amazing the amount of perfection this board expects. Have you guys been spoiled or what the last 20 yrs. it's seems EVERYTIME someone makes a mistake they are brutal and next to hit the waiver wire. Chill the **** out. We're up 3-0. Playing well. Howard's having a nice game. ChiLl... Besides. What did you ppl expect. We got bounced first round last year. And THEN lost lidstrom, Stuart and Hudler. And basically didn't replace any of them. So I ask. What.... Did u expect this year???

You don't like it?

Leave.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

Welcome to the Bipolar Boards.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

We expect competence from our GM and Coach. And well executed play and effort from our team.

Same as any other fan base.

Aug 6, 2012

The **** is wrong with you people?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes