GDT: Game 18 | Nashville Predators @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D+

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Why does this team not show up every night? they look good tonight as a team. skating hard and playing hard. keep it up boys.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Filppula needs to shoot. Tatar needs to shoot. White needs to shoot faster. But PP looks a little better at least.

Yeah, I like Tatar with the man advantage. White definitely adds something as well. Filppula is just so annoying this year, he needs to elevate his game and it ain't happening. He's had one good shift in recent memory. I hate to say it but I hope he's injured, it's the only possible explanation for how invisible he's been this season.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Tatar looks super dangerous with the 2nd PP unit. Give him some more ice time.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
I don't know what Tatar has to do to get more IT. He's scoring goals, Cleary and Abdelkader aren't (not that many anyways).
tatar now has more points in 10 games than cleary and abdelkader have in 36 games, even though tatar is playing only 11:00-12:00 per game.

tatar really wanted the puck on that PP and was moving everywhere to get an opening. doing the opposite is a problem with PP.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Wow Tootoo has a nice shot... nice release and had some heat on it.

Which is why he should play with Datsyuk. Right hand shot, adds some grit and energy. Demote Cleary and Abdelkader down to the third and promote Tatar and Tootoo. Simple as that.

I don't care about point production when it comes to Tootoo. Put him with Datsyuk and give him one instruction: "Go create havoc so Datsyuk and Tatar can do their thing".

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Which is why he should play with Datsyuk. Right hand shot, adds some grit and energy. Demote Cleary and Abdelkader down to the third and promote Tatar and Tootoo. Simple as that.

How can you say that. Cleary and Abby are totally doing work when lining with one of the best players in the NHL. Look at their production.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Not enough emoticons to show my level of sad.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Yeah, I like Tatar with the man advantage. White definitely adds something as well. Filppula is just so annoying this year, he needs to elevate his game and it ain't happening. He's had one good shift in recent memory. I hate to say it but I hope he's injured, it's the only possible explanation for how invisible he's been this season.

I'm sure injury has something to do with it. Maybe the contract year is weighing on him. Silver lining...he has very little negotiating room for that cap hit. We can get a 50-60 point player who plays in every situation for a very good cap hit.

Aug 6, 2012
Filppula is back to playing perimeter pass-first hockey. Perfect example in the first when he had a clear step on a defenseman one-on-one but instead of driving the net and taking contact he he pulled up and passed it to the point.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think Flips game is more suited towards a 3rd line role. He can just cycle and rag the puck with some grinders. He doesn't need to take up top 6 minutes from a guy who is willing to drive the net or take a shot.

RedWingsNow*

There's what you like to see from Kronner!
Jumps in and gets open

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad