Game #17: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/9/13 - Regulation Win! 5-1 Victory!

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Not surprising but rumor mill has Fraser and possibly Lewis being shopped pretty hard right now.

Fla Buff and TO are said to have shown some interest but again just the rumor mill. Interesting is that DL would waive CF if the right deal doesn't come along soon.

Lewis being offered seems weird to me and for who/why/what I haven't heard a word so big old grain of salt on that one.

I have to believe that we only want pick/picks back but who knows? Maybe a prospect? DL does have his favorites out there.

Just rumors.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I have a tough time believing that Lewis may get dealt. He can play both RW and C and is our best defensive forward.

Personally, I'm ok with Fraser gone, but I'd deal Frattin or Clifford before I even think about moving Lewis.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I have a tough time believing that Lewis may get dealt. He can play both RW and C and is our best defensive forward.

Personally, I'm ok with Fraser gone, but I'd deal Frattin or Clifford before I even think about moving Lewis.

Me too.

I heard it at the same time as the Fraser thing so I put it up but I agree that TL's name coming up doesn't make a ton of sense. I guess you never know but I can't see a reason for us to want to move him.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Me too.

I heard it at the same time as the Fraser thing so I put it up but I agree that TL's name coming up doesn't make a ton of sense. I guess you never know but I can't see a reason for us to want to move him.

The problem with trading Lewis is that he's not going to have a whole lot of trade value, since he's allergic to scoring.

Besides, aside from our fanbase, how many people know or appreciate the type of player that is Trevor Lewis.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
These are my hopes for players likley to be moved for a roster spot.

1. Colin Fraser :handclap:
2. Matt Frattin
3. Jarret Stoll

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Yeah, Lewis is our Mr. Intangibles on the bottom 6. Despite him being horrifically snakebitten and having hands of solid lead, the guy infuses a lot of energy in all situations of the game, and has been very clutch for us in the playoffs.

It is a tough call though. Dean is in-between a rock and a hard place. He doesn't want to lose Stoll because he believes he adds depth to our team (which he does despite him being an offensive black hole), I mean imagine him as our fourth line center which is atrocious financially, but very acceptable overall in balancing ability, he'd probably be one of, if not the, best in the league.

He doesn't want to lose Frattin as he is probably still high on him, and frankly he hasn't been given much and still has some time to turn things around.

Nolan is playing like a franchise bottom 6 player, like, potentially, a Kris Draper kind of stalwart bottom 6 guy that you see stick with a team for the long haul.

Carcillo has been absolutely fantastic in my opinion. He provides energy, grit, but a lot of intelligence and experience in certain situations and he has small flashes of skill. In my opinion, he's made Clifford expendable at this point. Yet, Clifford is still a young asset, who has good value around the league despite his lackluster year thus far.

It should be Fraser and Clifford going out the door, but it matters on the market. If no one is willing to buy Clifford, we can't afford to lose him for nothing to keep Vey. Tough spot.

Sutter's lines are only going to get crazier from here on out too :laugh:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post

Please bro, all that a leader does is tell the guys to give it their all. And if it's a good leader, the guys listen. If it's a bad leader, the guys turn their backs and don't give an effort. There aren't really any impactful speeches that players give in the locker room. Sure, they may talk to the team and get them back on course, but there's no MLK type **** going on. You've been watching Miracle too much. Stick to Slapshot.

Originally Posted by MN14

If your only concept of 'leadership' is a guy giving a great scripted speech, you need to stick to your beer league. There are guys that you just know will get **** done, and I don't just mean 'leading by example' or those other cliches; I mean guys that show up in the clutch with timely daggers. Richards is one of those guys

MN14, on the previous page, you have a multiple quoted entry with my addy misidentified (shown above) I didn't write that and could you please edit it to take my addy off of there? Thanks

Last edited:

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I guess there is some change coming, no denying, just like with Bernier. Ouroboros cycle...

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Yes, but, these guys get paid millions and millions to play hockey. For a living. Criticism from fans is always going to happen, no matter the team, no matter the sport

Give me a break!

Are you going to tell me that all the RR hating would have never happened if he was making $150K???

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Lewis is UFA. If he won't sign in LA for some reason, then I wouldn't mind getting a 2nd or more. Other than a value like that, I'd just keep him as if he was a rental and then ask him to wait a little while to see how the roster shakes down.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
Yes, but, these guys get paid millions and millions to play hockey. For a living. Criticism from fans is always going to happen, no matter the team, no matter the sport

the lack of respect for athletes always astounds me, even among avid sports fans. These guys aren't just joe-schmoe playing a game. These are the top 600 people of their craft, it's where the difference between #600 and 601 is so slim that superior genetics plays a role in the outcome. How many of us have jobs where we can say that?

That and these guys retire with injuries that affect them the rest of their lives, some even commit suicide from essentially brain rot. So show some respect.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Lewis is UFA. If he won't sign in LA for some reason, then I wouldn't mind getting a 2nd or more. Other than a value like that, I'd just keep him as if he was a rental and then ask him to wait a little while to see how the roster shakes down.

We are going to have to start thinking about how we are afford these new guys like Toffoli/Vey. I have no issues with dealing Stoll/Fraser/Clifford if the right deal comes along. Brown is riding along a line right now for me..he's making more $ and just doesn't seem to have the day to day impact that other guys have.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
We are going to have to start thinking about how we are afford these new guys like Toffoli/Vey. I have no issues with dealing Stoll/Fraser/Clifford if the right deal comes along. Brown is riding along a line right now for me..he's making more $ and just doesn't seem to have the day to day impact that other guys have.

Key word, day to day. As in, he's injured and taking it day to day, and still playing through it.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
No way we trade Stoll because it would be a huge mistake. Throw him on the 4th line when he comes back, either c or wing because we will need him if injuries occur.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I guess there is some change coming, no denying, just like with Bernier. Ouroboros cycle...

How is this situation like an Ouroboros (Uroboros) cycle. Where is the snake eating it's own tail? If that is the case then every team in every sport experiences the same thing. Is that what you meant?

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
No way we trade Stoll because it would be a huge mistake. Throw him on the 4th line when he comes back, either c or wing because we will need him if injuries occur.

Yup. He's the sort of player you add before the playoffs, not trade away. Once the season ends, then there's more evaluation to do.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
How is this situation like an Ouroboros (Uroboros) cycle. Where is the snake eating it's own tail? If that is the case then every team in every sport experiences the same thing. Is that what you meant?

Yeah in away, like there's a giant roaming mind shadow amongst us (or teams) that covers certain patterns over time. **** I'm glad I'm not explaining this to you in person, I think it'd just weird you out andsdfkldffdkjsorry

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
As someone that sometimes defended RR, his "return to prominence" is somewhat over stated in this thread. I'd have to look at the numbers but I wonder how much of his "improved performance" is just facing softer mins.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Yeah in away, like there's a giant roaming mind shadow amongst us (or teams) that covers certain patterns over time. **** I'm glad I'm not explaining this to you in person, I think it'd just weird you out andsdfkldffdkjsorry

Nope, I dig it and the obscure. That said it is an interesting concept for sure.

KingKopitar11*

But the dude has a big cap hit though. It sucks, only reason I think he should go is because his cap hit holding other players back. He will be an expensive fourth liner.

If he does stay hopefully one fourth liner along with Fraser leaves so we can keep up Toffoli and Vey when, and Carter and Stoll return.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00