Game #17: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/9/13 - Regulation Win! 5-1 Victory!

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Barbara-Bush--19901.jpg

Where did you get a picture of my mom?

The interwebs is scary.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
Took a trip to Vancouver, lo many years ago. Met some nice fans outside the arena. They had just drafted the Sedins - and a number of fans were unsure if this was the right move. They were hurting for their team, and they were nice.
Inside the arena was a bit different. Got a lot of "Kings suck" comments, to which I got to reply, "Yeah, enjoy your summer vacation." Which was fun at the time.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I just got back from Alaska and stopped through Van City and I had a blast there. Tons of nice people and the women are well above average in the looks and fitness department.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Since Matt Greene isn't making the trip East, I guess he's a bit more than 'a little banged up' as Sutter indicated.
Has anything else been said on what exactly upper, lower, middle, that 'banged up' is?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Since Matt Greene isn't making the trip East, I guess he's a bit more than 'a little banged up' as Sutter indicated.
Has anything else been said on what exactly upper, lower, middle, that 'banged up' is?

Maybe he is, the road swing is only six days, and we are playing New Jersey and Buffalo in there, so maybe Sutter felt that Muzzin and A-Mart are doing fine enough to get Greene to 100%. Maybe he could play right now, but because we have that depth just let him rest. Additionally, we have Manchester pretty close by so if we suffer an injury someone is just a phone call away.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Maybe he is, the road swing is only six days, and we are playing New Jersey and Buffalo in there, so maybe Sutter felt that Muzzin and A-Mart are doing fine enough to get Greene to 100%. Maybe he could play right now, but because we have that depth just let him rest. Additionally, we have Manchester pretty close by so if we suffer an injury someone is just a phone call away.

Except they aren't. No salary or roster spots avail without waving, trading or someone going on LTIR.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Except they aren't. No salary or roster spots avail without waving, trading or someone going on LTIR.

If we needed to recall someone, they'd put someone on LTIR, such as Greene. They can put him on retroactively so that he could come off for the homestand.

KingKopitar11*

Fwiw I think it's below his right arm, a minor tear.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
If we needed to recall someone, they'd put someone on LTIR, such as Greene. They can put him on retroactively so that he could come off for the homestand.

LTIR a player must miss at least 24 days and 10 games. So no it's not quite that easy. If your wondering that is on page 290 of the CBA.

(d)
Bona-Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception to the Upper Limit
In the
event that a Player on a Club becomes unfit to play (i.e., is injured, ill or disabled and unable to
perform his duties as a hockey Player) such that the Club's physician believes, in his or her
opinion, that the Player, owing to either an injury or an illness, will be unfit to play for at least (i)
twenty-four (24) calendar days and (ii) ten (10) NHL Regular Season games, and such Club
desires to replace such Player, the Club may add an additional Player or Players to its Active
Roster, and the replacement Player Salary and Bonuses of such additional Player(s) may increase
the Club's Averaged Club Salary to an amount up to and exceeding the Upper Limit, solely as,
and to the extent and for the duration, set forth below. If, however, the League wishes to
challenge the determination of a Club physician that a Player is unfit to play for purposes of the
Bona-Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception, the League and the NHLPA shall promptly
confer and jointly select a neutral physician, who shall review the Club physician's determination
regarding the Player's fitness to play.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
LTIR a player must miss at least 24 days and 10 games. So no it's not quite that easy. If your wondering that is on page 290 of the CBA.

(d)
Bona-Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception to the Upper Limit
In the
event that a Player on a Club becomes unfit to play (i.e., is injured, ill or disabled and unable to
perform his duties as a hockey Player) such that the Club's physician believes, in his or her
opinion, that the Player, owing to either an injury or an illness, will be unfit to play for at least (i)
twenty-four (24) calendar days and (ii) ten (10) NHL Regular Season games, and such Club
desires to replace such Player, the Club may add an additional Player or Players to its Active
Roster, and the replacement Player Salary and Bonuses of such additional Player(s) may increase
the Club's Averaged Club Salary to an amount up to and exceeding the Upper Limit, solely as,
and to the extent and for the duration, set forth below. If, however, the League wishes to
challenge the determination of a Club physician that a Player is unfit to play for purposes of the
Bona-Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception, the League and the NHLPA shall promptly
confer and jointly select a neutral physician, who shall review the Club physician's determination
regarding the Player's fitness to play.

And how many games has Greene and Carter missed? If I'm not mistaken, this road swing should bring them fairly close to the 10 game mark, and they have missed a number of games already.

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
And how many games has Greene and Carter missed? If I'm not mistaken, this road swing should bring them fairly close to the 10 game mark, and they have missed a number of games already.

Carter has missed 3 games so far... This road trip is 4 games... So if he goes on the LTIR he would have to miss 3 more games once they go back to LA.

Green has only missed 2 games. He could go on the IR because he has missed 7 days already. This would allow them to bring up an other defenseman but they have no cap room.

So if they did not think Carter could play this week they could give him two more weeks to recover and put HIM on the LTIR and this would give about 750k in cap room which would allow them to bring up another player or even two if Clifford can not play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->