Game #17: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/9/13 - Regulation Win! 5-1 Victory!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I really wish some of you guys would stop and think how many teams actually have a better defensive core than we do? I'm guessing we're one of the best if not the very best. And you guys continue to want to add to an already great and very expensive defensive core. Just doesn't make sense imo.

Over the last few years? Yes. This year we're ranked eleventh, but trending upwards.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
First of all, I am not a 'bro', I'm a female fan. And my statement regarding leadership is not based on a movie, why would it be? Dumb comment on your part.
It's based on why teams win, and continue to win. You can't make somebody do something by 'telling them.' Showing them, by what level you compete at, esp in critical games , putting up the points when the teams needs that goal or blocked shot, or any critical play, is why certain players are known for their leadership. They're 'money players'
And Richards is that guy, or he wouldn't have more team trophy hardware then anybody in the sport. (NHL Aug 2012' mike Richards is the only player in the history of the NHL whose won a championship at eveyr level.) With the Flyers, he won them a Calder cup , got them to 2 Cond Finals and SCF just after he turned 25. they trade him and the new team, the Kings, get to 2 WCF's and SCF.
He gets it done by putting his blood ,sweat and guts into every shift and scoring when it 's needed, he has (NBC June 2013) more playoff points since 2010 than any other NHL player

A real leader doesn't 'tell a guy to give it their all' as you ineptly pointed out. You don't tell somebody do that, you go out and do it yourself, shift and shift, busting your tail and getting it done. Leaders lead...teammates follow...and so do championships

tumblr_lbafiugyi61qal2bto1_500.jpg

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Isn't it awesome to see the Kings calling up rookies who can make a contribution? Over the years we've seen guys like Voynov, King, Nolan, Muzzin and now Toffoli and Vey brought up and give the team good reason to keep them in the NHL. Pearson will be the next player to join that list.

Needs to be said - Mark Morris is amazing. Really afraid this is his last year - that's just a gut thing. One year deal and I think his eyes are on the NHL. Deservedly so.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'm not asking for stats. I'm asking you, which teams defense do you prefer over ours? St Louis and Chicago are the only ones that come to my mind that's comparable to ours.

And I've never complained our defense this year. Or last year. Or the year before.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
And I've never complained our defense this year. Or last year. Or the year before.

You're silly. I wasn't saying it was you. But you did quote me, so, therefore, I started to discuss it with you. I'm familiar with your posts. I know you're not one of the whiners or complainers. If anything, we need more posters like you. :nod:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Couldn't help but notice, but were the Canucks coaches wearing poppies? Were coaches of other Canadian-based teams also wearing them?

Last edited:

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
I wouldnt mind Coburn or Meszaros, big fan of both.

All due respect, you don't want Meszaros. 2010-2011 Mez was a really solid player and any team would want him...but he's a shell of his former self and is always injured.

Coburn's much steadier, but he's still pretty inconsistent. A lot of Flyers fans want both of them gone. I'm not sold on getting rid of Coburn. He eats up a lot of ice time and is a big body -- and I'm not sure who on our roster would be able to fill in for him.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Would you do Regher for Meszaros?
All due respect, you don't want Meszaros. 2010-2011 Mez was a really solid player and any team would want him...but he's a shell of his former self and is always injured.

Coburn's much steadier, but he's still pretty inconsistent. A lot of Flyers fans want both of them gone. I'm not sold on getting rid of Coburn. He eats up a lot of ice time and is a big body -- and I'm not sure who on our roster would be able to fill in for him.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm hoping we nab Coburn at the deadline.

This is a move I could see Dean making.

I have been saying for a while that I like having Muzzin and Martinez in the lineup at the same time, but I am not sold on if a lineup with both of them could handle the heavy minutes they would see in a 7-game series against a team like St. Louis.

Coburn would be a great insurance policy, but I think Dean would need to find a way to dump Regehr to make it happen. I don't want losing Muzzin or Martinez to be the cost of getting Coburn and keeping Regehr.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
They have the most delusional fan base in the league plus they are all arsonists.

I met a real nice guy from Vancouver in his late sixties about two months ago.

Being a real gentleman he congratulated me immediately on the Kings' winning the Stanley Cup upon learning that I was a Kings fan. He said that he hoped to see his team win one before he dies. Then I found out that the poor guy has cancer that while it is in remission, the doctors have told him will return someday. I wished him well and good luck on getting to see the Canucks win one.

He was the kind of guy that every fanbase wishes they had more of, and I told him that if he thought the window was closing he was more than welcome to join us over here. He thanked and told me what I already knew, real fans can't do that. I told him after 45 years I definitely understood.

If the Canucks ever win one, I hope this guy is still around to see it, but the rest of them can go to HE double hockey sticks.

Captain Mittens*

I met a real nice guy from Vancouver in his late sixties about two months ago.

Being a real gentleman he congratulated me immediately on the Kings' winning the Stanley Cup upon learning that I was a Kings fan. He said that he hoped to see his team win one before he dies. Then I found out that the poor guy has cancer that while it is in remission, the doctors have told him will return someday. I wished him well and good luck on getting to see the Canucks win one.

He was the kind of guy that every fanbase wishes they had more of, and I told him that if he thought the window was closing he was more than welcome to join us over here. He thanked and told me what I already knew, real fans can't do that. I told him after 45 years I definitely understood.

If the Canucks ever win one, I hope this guy is still around to see it, but the rest of them can go to HE double hockey sticks.
I met the opposite in Vegas on my celebratory trip.

One of my bestest friends called me drunk from Laughlin right after the Kings traded for Richards and signed Gagne and told me that he was winning all kinds of money on
sports bets. I had him throw a chunk on the Kings at 15-1.

So, when they won, I told him I got the room and dinner. We went to Rao's and ate the Veal Parm of all Veal Parms
Raos-Veal-Parm.jpg

Right after dinner we were walking out of Caesars and I got called a bandwaggoner by this haggard lady. I asked her which fan she was a fan of guess which team?
Security came over because we got a little loud and I told security to keep an eye on her that she was going to burn Caesars to the ground. Security agreed with me and told her that she would be a better fit a Circus Circus with the other carnies!

Julius Caesar Milan:2
Canucks fans: 0

p.s. Raos opened a location in LA. If every one of you who is in So Cal doesn't try that place you are missing out. http://www.raosla.com/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad