Game #17: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/9/13 - Regulation Win! 5-1 Victory!

KingKopitar11*

Both DL and Sutter value Stoll way too much to move him. I could see them moving Fraser at some point.

Stoll's cap hit is too high though. Well they better think of something so Vey and Toffoli can stay up. They are just too good.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
And yeah, as I said before Kings are the boss of Pacific. If I were a rival team's fan I'd actually hope Kings play their best hockey at the start of season instead of picking it up when it counts :)

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Stoll's cap hit is too high though. Well they better think of something so Vey and Toffoli can stay up. They are just too good.

Leafs are desperate for a centre right now with Bolland being out long term and Bozak out for a while.

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
Leafs are desperate for a centre right now with Bolland being out long term and Bozak out for a while.

Would they be interested in Fraser, possibly?

For myself, I wouldn't be willing to move Stoll this year,
due to the youth, "newness" and smaller size
of the new rooks coming in (Toffoli/Vey).

At a little under $3Million/per, Stoll ain't cheap as a cap-hit,
but if Vey can keep growing his game & contributing on "line 4",
and with Lewis playing C on the "3rd line", Stoll might make
an ideal "Black Ace" in the team's
cup run this season, playing a handful of reg season games,
but being fresh and ready for those anything-can-happen POs.

But ofcourse, the big, juicy plus would be,
with Lewis moving to C and opening up a RW spot,
to help get Toffoli into the lineup.

Last edited:

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Stoll's primary value to the team is being a key FO guy for the team and penalty killer. That being said, Carter, Richards and Kopi have been better or near as good as Stoll a the dot. And those guys are as good or better on the PK AND in many other facets. I've been impressed with Vey's skill and compete level. I think the time for his graduation is at hand. At the very least, he should be given the reigns of the 4th line permanently. Nolan and Carcillo have just enough skill to not weigh Vey down when he centers them.

JCabranes

Aug 9, 2008
Racine, Wisconsin
As in who to waive or trade to make a permanent spot for them?

There is no way TT is going back to Manchester, he is here to stay. Vey I think was a bit tentative on Thursday but was much much better tonight. I just think about the goal he set-up to Nolan, if that is the guy he replaced it's either...

A) A slap shot high and wide
B) A puck dumped in behind the goal

It's just so nice and refreshing to see a player in the bottom six that is offensively creative and can make his linemates better. The guy he replaced is not only awful himself, but drags down whoever he plays with.

The big question will be when Carter comes back and when Stoll is healthy, will DS spread the scoring around and let Carter center his own line with say Frattin and someone and keep 74-10-73 together. Or is he going to get Carter and Stoll back and put them right back in their original spots and then put Toffoli on the 4th line or next to the black hole on 3rd line rw.

I see Toffoli on the second with Carter and Richards. Carter at center, Richards slides to the left and they insert Toffoli on the right.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Where's that joker who was saying in the early parts of the season that the Kings should trade Mike Richards soon before all they can get for him is a 3rd round pick? He's been the most competitive and complete forward on the Kings. Even without Carter, he's lethal.

he is sitting in my section a row or two behind me, he had company with him and actually said at one point early in the game that MR was older now and much slower but DS loves him and keeps him in the lineup for that reason only,LMAO,

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
For those looking to watch some clips from the CBC feed, some links below.

1st Period Analysis:
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/CBC's+Hockey+Night+in+Canada/ID/2417012159/

Close Up on Jonathan Quick:
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/CBC's+Hockey+Night+in+Canada/ID/2417019552/

Game highlights with what I find to be the worst song I have ever heard:
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/CBC's+Hockey+Night+in+Canada/ID/2417020104/

After Hours with Drew Doughty:
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/CBC's+Hockey+Night+in+Canada/ID/2417019503/

Thanks for posting these (and the warning to hit the mute button for the highlights vid. :)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
And yeah, as I said before Kings are the boss of Pacific. If I were a rival team's fan I'd actually hope Kings play their best hockey at the start of season instead of picking it up when it counts :)

Amen! HOw many years have the Ducks and Sharks started out hot only to fizzle? Add the Avs to that category this year. The Pacific is a dogfight year after year, and I don't know if we will win it (we CAN, but will is another story), but I do know I want to peak at the right time.

Did anyone else notice in the first period when Regehr skated the puck on the rush blue line to blue line, then chipped it deep and went after it hard on the forecheck, laying the body. I couldn't believe my eyes, maybe he is just now getting to learn Sutter's system, and is looking much better the last few games because of it.

Yes! I had to rewind and double check who that was.

Please bro, all that a leader does is tell the guys to give it their all. And if it's a good leader, the guys listen. If it's a bad leader, the guys turn their backs and don't give an effort. There aren't really any impactful speeches that players give in the locker room. Sure, they may talk to the team and get them back on course, but there's no MLK type **** going on. You've been watching Miracle too much. Stick to Slapshot.

If your only concept of 'leadership' is a guy giving a great scripted speech, you need to stick to your beer league. There are guys that you just know will get **** done, and I don't just mean 'leading by example' or those other cliches; I mean guys that show up in the clutch with timely daggers. Richards is one of those guys.

Watching a replay of the game right now, looked like there was a collision in the corner boards in the offensive where Clifford took a spill. It was around 18:00 minute mark. He didn't appear to be woozy from the hit.

Saw him just take another shift at around the 6:00 minute mark in the 1st. He saw a little over 4 mins of ice time so something must have been bothering him. Haven't seen him get rocked yet in the replay that I'm watching.

Thanks Ziggy! I'll have to double-check my recording. What a bummer if it's his head again. Also, double-thank-you for the videos. good stuff.

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
So the Kings are 18K under the CAP. Dean has some serious thinking to do on making the right decisions on what players are the best fit for this team going forward.

At this point it's a no brainer, Stoll and Clifford go. I like Stoll an appreciate all he's done here but he's too expensive for what he provides. Thanks for the memories come back and work forthe Kings when you retires ala Odie, Muzz, Blake etc etc.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I wouldn't trade anyone away from this organization for the world. This is THEE team, the one every sports fan waits once in a galaxy for.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
he is sitting in my section a row or two behind me, he had company with him and actually said at one point early in the game that MR was older now and much slower but DS loves him and keeps him in the lineup for that reason only,LMAO,

Really? Did he continue with this line of thought after Richards had a goal and two assists? Was he perhaps wearing a pair of these?
11965409-glasses-blind-vector.jpg

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
Did anyone else notice in the first period when Regehr skated the puck on the rush blue line to blue line, then chipped it deep and went after it hard on the forecheck, laying the body. I couldn't believe my eyes, maybe he is just now getting to learn Sutter's system, and is looking much better the last few games because of it.

didn't he mention a few games ago that he had just gotten healthy recently and has finallly started feeling like himself? that's why I think it's bad we, as fans, rip players so quickly. A lot of the times their "slump" is them having the balls to play hurt and not complain about it to the media. we respond by giving them ***** for it.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
didn't he mention a few games ago that he had just gotten healthy recently and has finallly started feeling like himself? that's why I think it's bad we, as fans, rip players so quickly. A lot of the times their "slump" is them having the balls to play hurt and not complain about it to the media. we respond by giving them ***** for it.

Yes, he did.

It's just mind-blowing how so many posters ignore the fact that a player is in a recovery mode.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
On the Doughty interview, the comment about Blake is interesting. He's still hesitant about going on the ice, ala Daryl Strawberry on The Simpsons shedding a tear from the hivemind bullying/hackling/whatever. I'd love to see Blake out there helping the guys with their play.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

Carcillo also mentioned being healthy for the first time in a long time.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Thanks, captain obvious! :)

Yeah, it's not a knock on Fraser, but clearly, we're better with Vey in the lineup. I still wouldn't mind having Fraser as our 13th forward and trading Clifford or even Frattin instead.

Clifford might net us something, but Fraser wouldn't. There are arguments for getting rid of either, but I'd go with Fraser atm just for the sake of simplicity. And Frattin I'd hold on to for now. His battle has been made tougher with Toffoli now on the squad, but I like the flashes I've seen from him.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Clifford might net us something, but Fraser wouldn't. There are arguments for getting rid of either, but I'd go with Fraser atm just for the sake of simplicity. And Frattin I'd hold on to for now. His battle has been made tougher with Toffoli now on the squad, but I like the flashes I've seen from him.

If we hold onto Frattin, where does that leave TT when Carter comes off the IR? I guess TT could play 3RW and Frattin sharing 4RW with Nolan, but that would just lower Frattin's trade value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->